Handshake Agreement

itsmewallace

That's awesome that you all have some good news coming your way. Now if only I could get the tech support to be union all would be GREAT. Trust me, we don't have any union or support what-so-ever. We needs something like this on our end.:thumbup1:

brazenbrown

What are you all coked out on the weekend here or what? Nothing in that comment had anything to do with entitlement.

Maybe it's your avatar, I don't trust your shifty eyes.:laugh:

Seriously, you sounded a bit ungrateful by blowing off the good news and saying your over worked now.. We all work hard and I'm just thankful that this job has kept me outa debt.

May our 5 year contract be just what the doctor ordered..:thumbup1:

siouxman

siouxman
Just as long as all this Friggin overtime is addressed.
I agree the overtime is a big issue. I have been at ups 25 years and am greatful for the job but I have missed alot of my sons activities that I will never get to see. If we can help some of the younger guys out and get this overtime under control what a great thing it would be.

Just Lurking

I wonder if most of the $9 over 5 years will back-end loaded. If the company actually pays $6.1B and withdraws from CS, I would not see to much money for raises or h/w coming early in the contract.

DS

Fenderbender
Moreluck ,as usual you are on top of things...6.1 billion dollars to the pension fund is a brazen move.But it may be the best thing to happen to ups in a long time.As far as us hourlies go,I also hope they addressed the part time pay increase and the overtime issue.They should also incorporate the pay actual plan that resulted from the california class action lawsuit concerning lunch breaks.
As a Canadian we have our own local,and our own contract.
A good contract there will radiate worldwide.
just a side thought,at 6.1 billion,ups could probobly buy hawaii.
Lets hope they are are expecting growth through loyalty,by paying better wages to possible candidates,and focusing on customer satisfaction over production.All too often at ups the ones at the top make impossible demands from good people that run the show and they end up leaving.
ok I`ll shut up

happyboy

Wow 6.1 billion sure would pay for alot of power steering pumps and fluid. Not to mention packgage cars with automatic trannys.

P

part time nobody

Oh, good for you guys.

You get a $9 an hour increase in your already high wage over the next 5 years.

Notice not a thing is mentioned about us part timers.

We're the ones being shorted out here struggling to make ends meet and 8 yrs or more before there's even a glimmer of hope for full time.
Even though we are the majority and the core of UPS we are yet forgotten again!!!!!!!!1!

How bout you be happy with that 80,000 a yr. and give us even a $5 increase over next 5.]

You know the more your wages keep bumping up full timers UPS is just gonna expect that much more out of you!!!!!!!!

Can you realy give UPS more then you already are as a full timer.

U

UpperclassPanhandlrofSlop

Any raise is a good raise. Look at GM, it took a strike to get a contract with no raise. What we need to work on is language in the contract about accidents. We just had a guy get into an accident Friday. He was turning left into a driveway, HAD HIS TURN SIGNAL ON, guy behind him tried passing on the left and t-boned the ups truck. The first thing the ups guy said was "Am I going to lose my job?". Didn't thank God he was alive, no wondering about his job, and more than likely if there was more than $4k in damage he'll be gettin papers, and have to fight to get his job back. THATS NOT RIGHT!!! Thats what we should be worried about. Every time I back in a driveway in the springtime I wonder, "God that grass looks soft, hope my tires not off the pavement" because we all know you leave a rut in the yard... well hell thats an accident. Or don't crack a $10 mirror, you'll have to call that into liberty. THATS NOT RIGHT!!!! Wheres the brotherhood then? PLEASE.....we need more protection in that area!

rushfan

I would like to see a good raise for part-timers so we can keep them around.
I'm interested if there is anything allowing UPS freight to pull our loads.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
can someone explain this one to me?
i have almost 4 years of service, 2.5 part time
and the rest full time.
am i an "Eligible" UPSER?
Were you "eligible" to vote in your Local and International elections? I would imagine you need to be a member in good standing of your Local (my reasoning being its a contract between UPS and Teamsters). If you're not a union member (right-to-work state) or service-fee payer, I don't know if you are eligible. Anyone in the latter category care to chime in?

NJ12hrday

I don't know where you guys live but NJ has the highest cost of living, the highest property taxes and highest car insurance. A real 9$ raise would be nice not a wages and benefits 9$. I want to know what the "benefits" are. I don't think they can make the health benefits any better. And we have a private local only pension. We deserve 9$. Every new truck we've gotten in my center is either a 10 or 13 cube. And they're brick loaded every day. They even sent our 7 cubes to manhattan because they said they were too small for us. We all work hard at this company everyday, so I hope the union didn't give in. I'm curious to see. :confused:1

VTBrown

Oh, good for you guys.

We're the ones being shorted out here struggling to make ends meet and 8 yrs or more before there's even a glimmer of hope for full time.
Even though we are the majority and the core of UPS we are yet forgotten again!!!!!!!1!

You know the more your wages keep bumping up full timers UPS is just gonna expect that much more out of you!!!!!!!!

Stop the crying man. Your doing bottom end manual labor. Your paid accordingly for part-time work. Only the stupid are at UPS as Part-time looking to make a career as a Part-timer. Thats the culture here. Your looking to go Full-Time or are here for the benefits for the family.

Should there be a SMALL increase to the starting wage? Sure. Should there be higher wage increases? I don't think so. Should progression be faster? No Way.

Are they going to expect more out of us? Umm....hello what do you think PAS really is?

Unless they somehow make it so we can all safely speed....and leave our bulk heads open.

Overpaid Union Thug

Oh, good for you guys.

Even though we are the majority and the core of UPS we are yet forgotten again !!1!

How bout you be happy with that 80,000 a yr. and give us even a $5 increase over next 5.]

Stop the crying man. Your doing bottom end manual labor. Your paid accordingly for part-time work. Only the stupid are at UPS as Part-time looking to make a career as a Part-timer. Thats the culture here. Your looking to go Full-Time or are here for the benefits for the family.

Should there be a SMALL increase to the starting wage? Sure. Should there be higher wage increases? I don't think so. Should progression be faster? No Way.

Are they going to expect more out of us? Umm....hello what do you think PAS really is?

Unless they somehow make it so we can all safely speed....and leave our bulk heads open.

Who are you to judge what is a good career move and what isn't? We have lots people here that chose to make their careers as part-timers and their pensions are actually better comparitively. They come in and do clerical work for $20+/hr and some of them have decent day or night jobs to supplement that. So, who's stupid? I wouldn't want to do that for 25 years because driving pays more but I can see why some people would. And why would you rake this guy over the coals while at the same time agreeing that the part-time starting wage should increase (which means you agree with half of the reason he is complaining)? The other half is obviously because he didn't know that the raise applied to part-timers too. Hell, if I thought I was being excluded then I'd be upset too. Who wouldn't?

UPS Lifer

This contract is not going to make everyone happy. This is a fact! Everyone that is affected by this handshake will find good and bad with it...including management. I can recall contracts where both sides thought they were sold out!

Here is the bottom line:
1. Does this contract (overall) allow me to continue to possess the life I want to live?
2. Does it afford me the ability to live the life style I am accustom to?
3. Does it help protect my job and income for the future?

The contract can't be all things to all the folks involved. However, it still can be a good contract for all.

Personally, I would be very happy that UPS is spending the money to ensure the future of those folks in the Central States Pension Fund. On the flip side, the shareholders must be concerned how that funding is going to affect the bottom line of the company.

I have enough confidence in the company and the Teamsters to trust that the decisions that are made with regard to the contract are in all of our best interests including our part-time employees!

Hi.
I just registed today, although I have been here many times to read and gather info.
Today I registered for one reason...

I am a "stupid" part time lifer. I will be retiring in a few years from my part time job. I make more than a lot of people make at their full time jobs and the benifits are great. I will be retiring with those great benifits and a decent pension. I have never thought staying p/t was a stupid choice.

I am looking forward to seeing the contact and what it holds for the p/t.

Ok, going back to lurk....
Thanks for letting me post my 2 cents.