Handshake agreement?

steeltoe

You sound like another troll. show us what media would badmouth a contract that will pay its members 32 buck an hour after 5 years.

The same media that did it in 97. All we hear about is $32.00 per hour and how we are overpaid. Yes, our full-time drivers make a great hourly wage. No, they probably could not make that much at 99% of the other blue collar jobs out there. Tieguy, you are correct about the payscale issue. I admited you are right on the pay issue. Can you be honest and answer my questions below?

Why would any employee expect a contract offer on the table that offers a less lucrative package than they already have in place, when the company they work for is very, very, profitable?

I challenge you to show me multiple people on this board who have complained about the pay scale. Pay has never been the issue for full-timers and for you to throw out the $32.00 an hour issue is not being truthful to yourself or the people on this board.

On the other hand, pay is an issue for starting part-timers. It is a joke compared to our company 20 years ago. In my state, if you started at UPS as a part-timer 25 years ago, you made $8.00 per hour with benefits after 30 days. A part-timer who starts today in my state makes $8.50 per hour and does not receive benefits until 1 year. So I guess your answer would be that the media would not badmouth a contract that offers "any insurance" to a prat-timer. Not until they heard about the previous contracts language.

Bottom line is the fact that we should have given up nothing and asked for more of everything. Our company is one of the most profitable company's in the world, yet we went backwards as a whole with the National Master Contract.

drewed

Shankman
The same media that did it in 97. All we hear about is $32.00 per hour and how we are overpaid. Yes, our full-time drivers make a great hourly wage. No, they probably could not make that much at 99% of the other blue collar jobs out there. Tieguy, you are correct about the payscale issue. I admited you are right on the pay issue. Can you be honest and answer my questions below?

Why would any employee expect a contract offer on the table that offers a less lucrative package than they already have in place, when the company they work for is very, very, profitable?

I challenge you to show me multiple people on this board who have complained about the pay scale. Pay has never been the issue for full-timers and for you to throw out the $32.00 an hour issue is not being truthful to yourself or the people on this board.

On the other hand, pay is an issue for starting part-timers. It is a joke compared to our company 20 years ago. In my state, if you started at UPS as a part-timer 25 years ago, you made $8.00 per hour with benefits after 30 days. A part-timer who starts today in my state makes $8.50 per hour and does not receive benefits until 1 year. So I guess your answer would be that the media would not badmouth a contract that offers "any insurance" to a prat-timer. Not until they heard about the previous contracts language.

Bottom line is the fact that we should have given up nothing and asked for more of everything. Our company is one of the most profitable company's in the world, yet we went backwards as a whole with the National Master Contract.

Actually a pt timer that starts friday doesnt get benefiets for a year

tieguy

Banned
positive Tie???????? he said he loves how companies crush unions....but he couldnt believe that contract went by the Teamsters......

Most serious investors do not put much stock in Cramers advice. If you follow his advice you tend to get in on the tail end of investment opportunities and tend to be the bag holder when a stock moves in the other direction.
Cramer is basing his assessment on oil dropping in price. If oil goes the other way then ups will continue to drop.

UPS took a calculated gamble with the Central States buyout. If they are right they will save some money over the long haul. If they are wrong and the current pension trends indicate that is still a realistic possibility then they could lose much more then they gained with the central states buyout.

In either case they made a committment to shore up the pension of CSers which will allow the hard working upsers under the CS plan to collect their retirement.

tieguy

Banned

I'm still looking for you to produce the points where the media picked apart the nma. Cramer making stock picks does not equate to the media taking the nma and picking it apart. that would be the same as you offering your opinion on this board.

tieguy

Banned
BLAH BLAH BLAH..........YOU REMIND ME OF AN OLD RERUN ON TV....ive seen this episode tooooooo many times Tie...........

Caught you in a lie I see. you said the media ( plural?) picked apart the nma. This means that the media did an analysis of the provisions of the NMA and picked it apart section by section. You have yet to produce any media that did so.

Beat'n Black n Brown

look under ups discussions page 2 you will see Cramer in a discussion......2 nd grader huh....... B B ITS THEN NOT THAN.......WHERE IS RED WHEN YOU NEED HIM..... Tie credible????????just like you huh......you just spew the same ol' same ol'....B B you're just a man of a thousand words.......wasted words but words never the less........

tieguy

Banned
look under ups discussions page 2 you will see Cramer in a discussion......2 nd grader huh....... B B ITS THEN NOT THAN.......WHERE IS RED WHEN YOU NEED HIM..... Tie credible????????just like you huh......you just spew the same ol' same ol'....B B you're just a man of a thousand words.......wasted words but words never the less........

I can see i may have to call your mommy and report you for playing on the computer with out parental supervision present. If you should find any media that picks apart the nma feel free to present it. Otherwise your honesty is flapping in the wind.......doh....doh....doh doh doh. Roflmao

Beat'n Black n Brown

Tie go to makeUPSdeliver.org ..........thats the article......i would suggest everyone else to do so also......UPS will save 640 million dollars on the life of the contract....480 million on the 22.3 job languge that was eliminated.......they were braging on how much money they will save over the life of the contract....thats why Cramer said it would be a good buy..... read it and weep !!!!!!!! the NMA is a sellout to its members.....

Last edited: