Handshake agreement?

tieguy

Banned
Bb i dont know what im talk'n about????? Enlighten me......i may be new but i've been on bc for years....under different names.....i just now registered and please tell me what u know....i've looked at our proposal...have you?i've read the additions and subtractions...have you?i was'nt slamn' scratch....maybe havn' some fun with tie....but you chirp in when someone makes a comment....you're so quick witted...you're 1 line answers .. So let me know...what things am i wrong about........

Honestly if I was a moderator I would watching you closely because you appear to be the kind of poster that may be quick to go over the line. Tone down the attacks and try to stay on point more and you will be fine here.

Capt_Matt

ADDIL
Hmmm, I wonder what you be saying if UPS decided not to take a big risk and put up billions to bail out central states??....Who still exists because of UPS???..............Maybe you can get a job with GM......layoffs by the hundreds.....closing plants.....union right??....keep scewing UPS and we will be like REA anyone remember them?? FEDEX is eating up up right now !! thanks local 705 !! s.......Local 710 worked with UPS quietly....Thank's local 710....there are many that appreciate it!

They are closing the Truck/Package Car plants mostly. And its not the unions fault for the closing of the plants! Truck plants are closing because of gas prices with that have bad fuel efficiency, along with slower sales. That's why plants are closing. Nothing to do with union!

Bloodybrown

They are closing the Truck/Package Car plants mostly. And its not the unions fault for the closing of the plants! Truck plants are closing because of gas prices with that have bad fuel efficiency, along with slower sales. That's why plants are closing. Nothing to do with union!

I never said it was the unions fault. The point I was making is the economy is in the toilet and people are losing high paying jobs. The union can't save the jobs. This has been happening at UPS, my district is using 50 to 75 less package drivers and 25 less feeder drivers than a year ago. These are union jobs. The part time work force has gone down as well. This strike will cause thousands of job losses, especially in Chicago. CACH employee's, feeder and package car drivers will be hit the hardest. The thing's that 705 red says the local won't allow is already being done throughout the country but this local won't accept it. Things like ground in drop boxes, pt-air drivers delivering ground routes by exception and getting paid the ground rate.......and so on!.....there will be serious consequences for all UPSer's if this thing isn't settled today! FEDEX will be the big winner, I'm sure they will hire on some of our laid off employee's with their non union pay scale!!

Last edited:

Capt_Matt

ADDIL
I never said it was the unions fault. The point I was making is the economy is in the toilet and people are losing high paying jobs. The union can't save the jobs. This has been happening at UPS, my district is using 50 to 75 less package drivers and 25 less feeder drivers than a year ago. These are union jobs. The part time work force has gone down as well. This strike will cause thousands of job losses, especially in Chicago. CACH employee's, feeder and package car drivers will be hit the hardest. The thing's that 705 red says the local won't allow is already being done throughout the country but this local won't accept it. Things like ground in drop boxes, pt-air drivers delivering ground routes by exception and getting paid the ground rate.......and so on!.....there will be serious consequences for all UPSer's if this thing isn't settled today! FEDEX will be the big winner, I'm sure they will hire on some of our laid off employee's with there non union pay scale!!

Yes i have notice the drop in people at work! But that is because for 2 to 3 months at my hub there wasn't any tours happening at all. We finally got a new guy up stairs a month ago. So UPS is starting to hire again. I have seen at least two tours come through on my sort a night. Maybe there finally realizing they screwed and we need help on the sort since we may have more volume then they think we were going to have that day!

Bloodybrown

Bb i dont know what im talk'n about????? Enlighten me......i may be new but i've been on bc for years....under different names.....i just now registered and please tell me what u know....i've looked at our proposal...have you?i've read the additions and subtractions...have you?i was'nt slamn' scratch....maybe havn' some fun with tie....but you chirp in when someone makes a comment....you're so quick witted...you're 1 line answers .. So let me know...what things am i wrong about........
I don't intend to enlighten you in anything, educate yourself !....If you go to local 705 website you will see that nothing has been updated, so the proposals you are looking at are old, why???.....The bottom line is you will not accept what the rest of the teamsters have including local 710. Your local thinks they are better than the rest of the teamsters and will hurt our customers, employees and the company.

Bloodybrown

Yes i have notice the drop in people at work! But that is because for 2 to 3 months at my hub there wasn't any tours happening at all. We finally got a new guy up stairs a month ago. So UPS is starting to hire again. I have seen at least two tours come through on my sort a night. Maybe there finally realizing they screwed and we need help on the sort since we may have more volume then they think we were going to have that day!

You really need to look at the big picture not just your sort ( I think ADDIL, correct? ) The volume is down accross the country, many full time layoff everywhere, the economy is hurting bad, your local needs to understand that. I think they do, but don't care, Like Ron Carey in 97, they only care about the GLORY of a strike..............no matter how much it hurts the employees and the company!

Capt_Matt

ADDIL
Supposedly 705 and UPS agreed to a contract last night on the 30th. This is from upsers.com. don't know if this true or not. Waiting on some word from the union.

tyugar

I think they should stop hiring these new guys, because 75% of them are clowns. Let the current workforce handle the volume so we can get more hours.

Beat'n Black n Brown

no BB.... 'll be around...HOLE IN THE GROUND...don't think so....i tend to stick around if i know i can rattle your cage.......are you management????? if not i would hate to work along side of you....you seem to be a BROWN NOSE.....stay strong my union buddies......peace.....

tieguy

Banned

what other ID's did you post under here?

if that is true ...THANK GOD....... and to all of you that supported us "THANKS" and for those who did'nt "THANKS FOR NOTHING"

Dude,I appreciate that your on our side but some of these guys aren`t that bad. The rest where concerned for them and theirs as we all were. Could you please,for one 705 to another,dial it down one RedBull . If we start rubbing peoples nose in crap then we`re as bad as they said we were.

Thanks

p.s. if you want to flame somebody do a search for RockyRogue

Beat'n Black n Brown

gottcha.......it got a little heated but only between Tie and Bloodybrown....no offense to everyone else,but some people wanted to see us HANGED......Cach u in feeder?????