Handshake agreement?

Cach...where did ya do your time in package?????

Why out of the lovely Palatine building, Thats right folks. Opened in 1989,the Palatine building has all the amenities like indoor plumbing and individual lockers for each and every driver. So,when you bite the bullet and move up the stairway to higher wages and longer hours,make the Palatine building your first choice in home domicile.

The Palatine building,because you can`t spell pal without the Palatine building.

P.s. When visiting the lovely Palatine building make sure to stop by and see 705Red. He`ll be the guy filling out a grievance.

tourists24

yes 35+35
maybe it's just me, but anyone else ticked off that we only get what amounts to a .52 raise? I know the ole be grateful you have a job that pays.... or with the economy the way it is.... or you got a huge CS bailout. I get it. If UPS were working in the red I would understand but this is not the case. I dont feel like we should be taking less of a raise than previous contracts. This to me is taking a step backwards

New Englander

maybe it's just me, but anyone else ticked off that we only get what amounts to a .52 raise? I know the ole be grateful you have a job that pays.... or with the economy the way it is.... or you got a huge CS bailout. I get it. If UPS were working in the red I would understand but this is not the case. I dont feel like we should be taking less of a raise than previous contracts. This to me is taking a step backwards

Yeah...it's pretty much you. I'm happy with my current wage and would have traded the current contract raises away for a matching 401k program or much tighter relief from overtime language.

I just want that time with my kids while they grow up. I also have little faith in my pension 20 to 25 years from now.

tourists24

Yeah...it's pretty much you. I'm happy with my current wage and would have traded the current contract raises away for a matching 401k program or much tighter relief from overtime language.

I just want that time with my kids while they grow up. I also have little faith in my pension 20 to 25 years from now.
ummm,,, we didnt get much of those things either... Id say it's not just me also; nothing wrong with wanting to keep pace with what you have been making.

New Englander

ummm,,, we didnt get much of those things either... Id say it's not just me also; nothing wrong with wanting to keep pace with what you have been making.

There's everything wrong with it in this economy. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to take it - there is just stuff I value much higher then the raises.

Your question was about pay, I said I would have traded it for a 401k and tighter language.

We got the pay and not great help in OT language and no 401k.

Perhaps next contract the masses will wake up and smell the coffee and trade contract raises for some real to goodness language that helps us and bring back the matching 401k.

tourists24

and a 70-cent hourly pay increase for the first year of the contract with 5-cent increases in additional years...

not actually a .70 raise.... .35 + additional .35 may add up to .70 but is not a .70 raise.... equals out to .52.5.....

If you are ok with that then that's one thing, but let's be truthful about it. This is not what we have received the past few contracts and UPS can afford it.

Beat'n Black n Brown

Tie.....i was being HONEST....some people wanted us to HANG...thats what i was pissed about......if honesty is a shortcoming , then so be it.........talk to ya in future threads...... CIAO

705red

Browncafe Steward
I don't intend to enlighten you in anything, educate yourself !....If you go to local 705 website you will see that nothing has been updated, so the proposals you are looking at are old, why???.....The bottom line is you will not accept what the rest of the teamsters have including local 710. Your local thinks they are better than the rest of the teamsters and will hurt our customers, employees and the company.

We took the website over from another person who has been running it for the lsat several years. He did not work for the union but was a member. There has been some problems with the site and we cant get in touch with the person who use to run the site. Not hiding anything all you have to do is ask any upser, we were updating them at the end of everyday and i personally showed my copies to the members.

We never said that we were better! I would like you to show me were we said that or retract your statement! We did stand up for ourselves, your own atlanta labor relations manager excepted blame on wednesday for delaying these talks and having them dragged out this long. We just wanted job security and to protect what we have and eliminate subcontracting. Im sorry if you in other areas did not see this as important as we here did.

The bottom line is that ups spent over 6 billion on the cs plan, and if you agree or disagree that money has to come from somewere.

"The tentative agreement includes a $26 a week pension payment increase and a 70-cent hourly pay increase for the first year of the contract with 5-cent increases in additional years...The new contract also grants additional vacation time and an extra optional day off"
http://www.pioneerlocal.com/desplaines/news/1084478,pa-contract-073108-s1.article

It also includes $14 dollars into the health and welfare per week. And alot of stronger language which has been our concern this whole time.

Bloodybrown

We took the website over from another person who has been running it for the lsat several years. He did not work for the union but was a member. There has been some problems with the site and we cant get in touch with the person who use to run the site. Not hiding anything all you have to do is ask any upser, we were updating them at the end of everyday and i personally showed my copies to the members.
I accept your explanation stuff happens.
We never said that we were better! I would like you to show me were we said that or retract your statement! We did stand up for ourselves, your own atlanta labor relations manager excepted blame on wednesday for delaying these talks and having them dragged out this long. We just wanted job security and to protect what we have and eliminate subcontracting. Im sorry if you in other areas did not see this as important as we here did.

I will not retract anything, your locals actions speak volumes to what I said ! !

The bottom line is that ups spent over 6 billion on the cs plan, and if you agree or disagree that money has to come from somewere.

It also includes $14 dollars into the health and welfare per week. And alot of stronger language which has been our concern this whole time.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Wow bloddy you say that we said we were better than everyone and cant show us were we said that but wont admit your wrong. I see you and tie have gone through the same deprogramming or maybe you and tie are the same person? Interesting you both need to color your words and are never on here at the same time but always come on right after each other. Multiple user names?

raceanoncr

Why out of the lovely Palatine building, Thats right folks. Opened in 1989,the Palatine building has all the amenities like indoor plumbing and individual lockers for each and every driver. So,when you bite the bullet and move up the stairway to higher wages and longer hours,make the Palatine building your first choice in home domicile.

The Palatine building,because you can`t spell pal without the Palatine building.

P.s. When visiting the lovely Palatine building make sure to stop by and see 705Red. He`ll be the guy filling out a grievance.

Uh, Cach, been to the Palatine building whilst on sleeper run and, although scenery was good (lots o chicks for me to leer at while waiting), couldn't find anybody to speak to. Er, I mean, couldn't find anybody that spoke MY language, I mean, the language I grew up with, er, I mean, the one I'm typing with right now, that is, I felt Richie Valens was with me whenever I went in to take a pee...whatever LaBamba means.