Handshake for 705 this morning

I Have faith in RED but the paper is calling for .05 increase for remaining years. I hope this is a definate typo. I have read this in 2 different articles so maybe someone can post the facts!
Its a typo. Look over in the labor threads,I saw it earlier. 70,75,75,85,95 or in that ball park so don`t quote me.

Fdr Driver

Its a typo. Look over in the labor threads,I saw it earlier. 70,75,75,85,95 or in that ball park so don`t quote me.

From my steward this morning.............

Many contract issues were improved from our current contract.
among them are:

3 optional days per year now. Up from 2.

Extra week of vacation after 30 years service.
Now 7 weeks plus the optional week.Full-time and part-time.

If layoffs occur, members retain same rate of pay in lesser job classification.

Feeder moving seasonal trailers, repair shops, etc., no subcontracting.:happy2:

Unlimited full-time job classification bidding. Combo-workers can sign on feeder bids, feeder workers can sign on porter bids, etc.

Recouping Crosstown feeder work! JOBS!!!
NO MORE PACELLA pulling our loads or empties!!!!!!!!!!!:happy2:

Cost of living (COLA) language retained.

We ended up with the split raise as such:
2008...$0.70
2009...$0.75
2010...$0.75
2011...$0.85
2012...$0.95
That's four dollars over five years increase in wages.

W

westsideworma

Why would you be working? Maybe you cant get enough people at $8.50 an hour? Or you are trying to cut costs and send people home because the sups are slary not effecting the operations costs?

You do my job and i will file and get paid $56 in double time for every hour you work.

Maybe you sups should organize and get some union representation but until then you have no rights.

Red, (at least at my operation) if we work we must submit a timecard so we are counted in the operational numbers. While you are right we aren't factored in paywise as we're there anyways so we do save money if we have to work so I do see where you're going there. The majority of us know we're not supposed to work, but if we're told to, we do, just like you we work as directed.

I have often wondered what would happen if the supes organized. I know it will never happen but there have been talks of it before I'm told. I personally don't get harassed and the majority of "us" don't. Some do though and though we stick up for them it really doesn't do much good.

K

keeping it real

the number one way to improve pensions is to:
a. get companies to dump more and more money in and reduce their profits and drag share price down

b. make sure companies earn good profits creating job growth, increasing share price and helping pension plans investments grow

c. nickel and dime companies for supervisors working

the answer is clearly b.
the reasoning- imagine what your teamster plan would look like if the stock market was 30% higher... or maybe 40% or even 50%....
so yeah let's find out how to punish companies, make them less competitive and nickel and dime them to death. let's make them focus on pickey-une nonsense instead of going out and winning new volume to create new jobs..

Go talk to the unions at GM and Ford and ask them if they had to do it all over again- what would they do differently

K

keeping it real

I want you to imagine yourself when you are around 65 years old- happily retired and maybe standing by the side of a pond just skimming stones... your grandkid says "grandpa- what did you do for a living? - and you respond... "some guys may have developed a cure for cancer- others may have worked as EMT's saving lives... others may have served their country in the military... some guys in my own company worked with the safety committee to help others work safely...not me- I spent my life looking to put grievances in on supervisors working"

your 14 year old grandchild, who is thinking about what they want to be when they grow up-looks at you - puts their head down looking at their feet and responds "oh - o.k. grandpa" ....while thinking to themself... what a loser

Go out - make a difference- think about what you will tell your grandkids 20 years from now....
Keeping it real...

paidslave

Extra week of vacation for 30 years of service? I have to wait 7 more years for my benefit? This is a ruse..........sounds good but how many make this benchmark?

I am happy with the extra optional day.....and at least we get a raise......Maybe if management relaxes their numbers and puts the whip away perhaps many employees won't be as stressed coming to work with outrageous expectations.

I am suprised with the extra week for older employees since UPS wants to push them out....This is a win for the OLDER employees and you do deserve something extra for all your years of hard work and putting up with the BS! Congrads.......

One last note! I thought we were fighting against this split raise? What happened.......35 cents monday!

From my steward this morning.............

Many contract issues were improved from our current contract.
among them are:

3 optional days per year now. Up from 2.

Extra week of vacation after 30 years service.
Now 7 weeks plus the optional week.Full-time and part-time.

If layoffs occur, members retain same rate of pay in lesser job classification.

Feeder moving seasonal trailers, repair shops, etc., no subcontracting.:happy2:

Unlimited full-time job classification bidding. Combo-workers can sign on feeder bids, feeder workers can sign on porter bids, etc.

Recouping Crosstown feeder work! JOBS!!!
NO MORE PACELLA pulling our loads or empties!!!!!!!!!!!:happy2:

Cost of living (COLA) language retained.

We ended up with the split raise as such:
2008...$0.70
2009...$0.75
2010...$0.75
2011...$0.85
2012...$0.95
That's four dollars over five years increase in wages.

God love Pacella,those morons lost a WILPA load today. They sent me to search the yard and s.friend. for four hours and I couldn`t find it. They were still searching when I left. Good riddance to them and Crosstown Express.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I Have faith in RED but the paper is calling for .05 increase for remaining years. I hope this is a definate typo. I have read this in 2 different articles so maybe someone can post the facts!

Paper i believe was trying to say an additional nickel per year as it progresses.

Red, (at least at my operation) if we work we must submit a timecard so we are counted in the operational numbers. While you are right we aren't factored in paywise as we're there anyways so we do save money if we have to work so I do see where you're going there. The majority of us know we're not supposed to work, but if we're told to, we do, just like you we work as directed.

Here our sups think its their jobs to work, and they go as far as keeping track of us when we are in the building over the radios and through texting. They hide it and do not fill out timecards. Im not upset at the ptime sups they are being told to work and its the ftimers andmanagers that i fight with. I understand the ups food chain eat or be eaten.

I have often wondered what would happen if the supes organized. I know it will never happen but there have been talks of it before I'm told. I personally don't get harassed and the majority of "us" don't. Some do though and though we stick up for them it really doesn't do much good.

Extra week of vacation for 30 years of service? I have to wait 7 more years for my benefit? This is a ruse..........sounds good but how many make this benchmark?

I am happy with the extra optional day.....and at least we get a raise......Maybe if management relaxes their numbers and puts the whip away perhaps many employees won't be as stressed coming to work with outrageous expectations.
Have you seen the language changes? Alot has been addressed all for the better.

I am suprised with the extra week for older employees since UPS wants to push them out....This is a win for the OLDER employees and you do deserve something extra for all your years of hard work and putting up with the BS! Congrads.......
Its a thank you for all of your years of dedicated service and they have earned it in my book. I will have to go through 3 more contracts before i get it.

One last note! I thought we were fighting against this split raise? What happened.......35 cents monday!

It boils down to how many people would be willing to strike to get it? Im not one thats concerned with the money for myself. Ptimers would strike for about $1 a day and fulltimers for $2 a day. You would lose more money than you would gain back. I however would have walked to get ptimers more, but then you would never get alot of support from others.

Maybe we can lead the way in 2013 and all make a commitment to either share some of our raises with the ptimers or find another avenue to address this concern.

Mike Hawk

Keeping it real, supervisors working is a deliberate act to deny Teamsters work, it is hard to compare to a driver making a mistake.

drewed

Shankman
Keeping it real, supervisors working is a deliberate act to deny Teamsters work, it is hard to compare to a driver making a mistake.
not in all cases, its not always premeditated....it shouldnt be that cut and dry (i know for these purposes it has to be)

705red

Browncafe Steward
the number one way to improve pensions is to:
a. get companies to dump more and more money in and reduce their profits and drag share price down

b. make sure companies earn good profits creating job growth, increasing share price and helping pension plans investments grow

c. nickel and dime companies for supervisors working

the answer is clearly b.
the reasoning- imagine what your teamster plan would look like if the stock market was 30% higher... or maybe 40% or even 50%....
so yeah let's find out how to punish companies, make them less competitive and nickel and dime them to death. let's make them focus on pickey-une nonsense instead of going out and winning new volume to create new jobs..

Go talk to the unions at GM and Ford and ask them if they had to do it all over again- what would they do differently

If you have no plan on honoring contract language than dont agree to it. What you call petty we call job security and its not nickle and diming its $56.40 in double time for every hour a sup works that gets grieved by a fulltime driver. Maybe next contract you can ask to pay it out in nickels and dimes, we would take it all the way to the bank.

I want you to imagine yourself when you are around 65 years old- happily retired and maybe standing by the side of a pond just skimming stones... your grandkid says "grandpa- what did you do for a living? - and you respond... "some guys may have developed a cure for cancer- others may have worked as EMT's saving lives... others may have served their country in the military... some guys in my own company worked with the safety committee to help others work safely...not me- I spent my life looking to put grievances in on supervisors working"

And how would your conversation go? I ran an operations at ups were i used intimidation, harassment, and scare tactics to force grown men to to be scared of me and if i had to i would brake out the whip and start slashing the slaves until they produced the numbers i was asking for.

When that didnt work i would fire them then deadlock their csae at panel and starve them out forcing them to lose their houses, wives and kids just to prove a point while they were waiting for arbitration. And just before we went to arbitration i go down to the homeless shelter and look in the cardboard boxes to find them just to offer them their jobs back without back pay because i knew i would have to pay them when the arbitrator heard what kind of hitler operation i ran. Than i would tell them how lucky they are to have a friend like me that cares about them. Im sure your grandchild would be proud. He would probably run out and join a gang just to show you how tough he is. You should be so proud to watch your grandchild throw up the pitchfork, how touching.

your 14 year old grandchild, who is thinking about what they want to be when they grow up-looks at you - puts their head down looking at their feet and responds "oh - o.k. grandpa" ....while thinking to themself... what a loser

You know i bring my son to every union meeting with me and after we make a day of it just him and me. Hes 6 years old and when we get around the guys i work with they tell him what i do for them. They tell him how lucky they are to know someone like me. And they explain it to him not in union talk, in right and wrong talk. Just like i tell him he needs to protect the girls in the neighborhood.

He looks forward to going the third sunday of the month to the hall. You should see his face when he tells the stories to my wife or his grand parents about what everyone said. My son looks at me as a hero and he calls me his hero because he knows that someone has to defend people that cant defend them selves. My son is proud of what i do while he might not understand fully he knows that i wont let anyone at work get wronged or hurt just as i wont let him get hurt.

Go out - make a difference- think about what you will tell your grandkids 20 years from now....
Keeping it real...
I can tell my grandkids that i protected the people that i worked with at all times and that i was a steward that could not be bought out. Knowing this i will be able to die a happy man.

K

keeping it real

Red
no disrespect intended- stop taking your kid to the union meetings.
you want another generation of your family whose goal is filing grievances??
you need to get real.

K

keeping it real

"I can tell my grandkids that i protected the people that i worked with at all times and that i was a steward that could not be bought out. Knowing this i will be able to die a happy man"

Hey Red,
your grandkids don't want to hear that sad story..you will try to tell them that story but they will be too smart to believe it. They will most likely view you as a dinosaur and an angry old man.

Tell them that you were the head of a safety committee.
Tell them that you were the head of a take charge committee.
Tell them that when a non-union competitor like FDX came in you worked with your entire team to protect and grow volume and new jobs.
Tell them you took people under your wing and helped make them better (both management and non management)
Tell them you were the type of person who would always go the extra mile.
Tell them anything but the fact that you spent your life looking for pickeyune nonsense searching out petty grievances.

K

keeping it real

Hey Bloody Brown-
you believe this 705red guy...
very angry...
very 1970's...

I know he doesn't read the paper much because if he did he see what GM, Ford and the airlines are going through.....he'd smell the coffee beans burning...

He doesn't realize that strong profits= strong stock market= better pensions...
He doesn't realize he is a pawn for the union hall..
Lots of grievances= the people think the union is doing something for them= keeps the board in office

Every good UPS driver is a hero..
Every grievance seeking/ angry driver is a zero...

K

keeping it real

Hey Mike Hawk-
I sense another angry hombre....

"Keeping it real, supervisors working is a deliberate act to deny Teamsters work, it is hard to compare to a driver making a mistake"

What flavored kool- aid are you drinking?
keep looking for those grievances- you're my hero.

Where I come from- we give people many chances to correct and in return they give us many chances to correct. We treat men like men- we don't play the grievance game.
If someone did with me- their heads would spin. Too many things that aren;t done right everyday- packages not sheeted, pickups not made.
The idea is to work together to make the company grow- take back packages from the enemy. You and red need to get your head out of the sand. Create a meaningful career- don;'t be a schill for some overpaid local president or B.A.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red
no disrespect intended- stop taking your kid to the union meetings.
you want another generation of your family whose goal is filing grievances??
you need to get real.
There wouldnt be any grievances if you honored the contract. I like many would just love to go to work to work, no nonsense, no harrassment. The point is we have a contract and when it gets violated its a grievance, if you held up your end of the bargain there would be no need for me to be a steward. I would rather my son grows up knowing that respect is earned and not given, and when your feel like a victim to stand up for yourself.

Hey Mike Hawk-
I sense another angry hombre....

"Keeping it real, supervisors working is a deliberate act to deny Teamsters work, it is hard to compare to a driver making a mistake"

What flavored kool- aid are you drinking?
keep looking for those grievances- you're my hero.

Where I come from- we give people many chances to correct and in return they give us many chances to correct. We treat men like men- we don't play the grievance game.

Were do you come from? maybe its different there, which i doubt or you have the union in your pocket and the members are probably just lucky to have a job...right?
If someone did with me- their heads would spin. Too many things that aren;t done right everyday- packages not sheeted, pickups not made.
The idea is to work together to make the company grow- take back packages from the enemy. You and red need to get your head out of the sand. Create a meaningful career- don;'t be a schill for some overpaid local president or B.A.
Any time you want to transfer to chicago look me up im in palatine and looking forward to the head spinning.

irish5569

Red you're a good man who is looking out for him self, his family, and your union brothers, and sisters. I would love to have a steward who cared for our interests as much as you.