Handshake for 705 this morning

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I usually get 300 bucks a week in OT working 9.5. And due to my start time, I am off at 5PM. $300 X 4 weeks equals an extra $1200 a month in OT. That alone pays my mortgage and the car note. My wife does not work full time, she doesn't have to work at all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You're a little behind there Upstate, 45K here, and that's not counting the over 9.5 grievances that are pending deadlock.
:wink:

Hopefully the 9 hours I worked today will help me "catch up". I love Saturday air--33 stops, drove 2 NDA pkgs 3 hours round trip to our meet point so that they would make service on Monday. 9 hours, no lunch, all at time and a half.

broncobros1

Think about it for a second-
everyday people make a conscious decision to come to UPS and work as a parttimer.

you have to figure that:
A. they applied for other jobs
B. the wittled down all their offers and this was the best one they could find
C. noone put a gun to their head to take this job
D. they read the contract and understand that what their pay will be till the end of the contract.
E. they are free to quit and take a better opporunity the minute they find it

now lets fast forward- all of a sudden everyone says their getting screwed.
I refer you back to A. B. and C. and D.

Am I missing something??
Is it just me..
Help me with some wisdom/

Preach on...the truth is sometimes hard too see on this board. A lot of coddled ones like to speak of how picked on they are...it would be interesting to see how they survive in the real world.

broncobros1

Kinda of off topic...I really care how red I get, although I have an equal amount of Red and Green. Am I being discriminated against; shoot, I just sounded like a Teamster!:dead:

local804

No comp,just took some time off here and there.

You worked 5 weeks less than the rest of the forces and you made that much? damn...
Do you have your own seperate agreement with UPS that your other Teamsters do not?
Are you aware when you dont report for work (other than oph-sick) UPS does not put into the pension fund for hours you dont work?

705red

Browncafe Steward
You worked 5 weeks less than the rest of the forces and you made that much? damn...
Do you have your own seperate agreement with UPS that your other Teamsters do not?
Are you aware when you dont report for work (other than oph-sick) UPS does not put into the pension fund for hours you dont work?
Local our pension is not paid hourly in 705, you work one day of the week and get the whole weeks payment made in your name.

What math formula gave you 5 weeks? Like I stated o.t. can be had daily and an extra 8 or more is available every Sat. Max out your hours and your looking at close to 2k. Work your 7th day and its double time. The only problem in feeder is that you have to work hours for your dollars,no bonus. I wish I had todays pay and my package car bonus hours.

Bloodybrown

Local our pension is not paid hourly in 705, you work one day of the week and get the whole weeks payment made in your name.

Red you do know that it works the same way in many locals don't you?? work one day any the company contributes for a full week.

local804

What math formula gave you 5 weeks? QUOTE]

Very simple math Cach. From 12/25 Tuesday till 8/5 (Tues coming up) is a total of 32 weeks. (not counting this week)31-26(what you worked)=5
If you(705) work one day the week and UPS pays a full week of pension credits instead of hours earned, God bless you.

R

Reality Bites

This depends on what charts you look at. FT drivers make 75-100K, which is way up there. In a two income household, it will get a lot higher. I know a couple of driver up above the 5% mark. So after this election, we may have to redistribute our wealth.

Like I said your funny read the Forbes list! The average person on the Forbes list of the 400 wealthiest Americans was worth $3.8 BILLION. If your jealous of a Truck Driver working 12 hours a day to make $75,000 a year, your either like I said a funny guy or your up in that Millionaire, Billionaire range and you want everyone else to be happy being less than middle class so you can keep earning millions on cheap labor. The Middle class was Union made it did not just happen.

What math formula gave you 5 weeks? QUOTE]

Very simple math Cache. From 12/25 Tuesday till 8/5 (Tues coming up) is a total of 32 weeks. (not counting this week)31-26(what you worked)=5
If you(705) work one day the week and UPS pays a full week of pension credits instead of hours earned, God bless you.
Oh,sorry, I got 26 weeks off of my DD statement. Things like united way,etc showed 26 weeks of deduction. I`ll have to go back and take a look.