Handtruck

oldngray

nowhere special
In some parts of NY(not where i live) the roll that you call a hoagie...they call it a wedge.
funny_wedgie_motivational_poster_by_syanm-d5fto8d.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
In some parts of NY(not where i live) the roll that you call a hoagie...they call it a wedge.
You gave it away that you were in or near NYC last week when you said "stand on line". For some weird reason NYCers don't say "in line" like the rest of the English speaking world. LOL

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I never heard of a Cuban sandwich. I think I heard torpedo but not used around here. Hero (or gyro - Greek spelling but pronounced the same) is used sometimes.
A Cuban and a Gyro are two very distinct types of sandwiches. A Cuban will have pork and ham with cheese slathered with mustard and the put into a sandwich press and served hot. A Gyro is spiced lamb on a pita with onions, tomatoes, and tadziki sauce. Both are very yummy.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A Cuban and a Gyro are two very distinct types of sandwiches. A Cuban will have pork and ham with cheese slathered with mustard and the put into a sandwich press and served hot. A Gyro is spiced lamb on a pita with onions, tomatoes, and tadziki sauce. Both are very yummy.
I like my cuban with ham and pepperoni...