Happiness is....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Realizing that the guy sitting in the next booth at your lunch break is a residential customer who lives at the end of a 4 mile long rutted, potholed gravel road and his is the only stop you have on that road today.

It just happened to me, and by walking out to the truck and grabbing his package I just saved myself 8 miles of dusty, spine-jarring work on a 95 degree day. Sometimes karma pays off!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Realizing that the guy sitting in the next booth at your lunch break is a residential customer who lives at the end of a 4 mile long rutted, potholed gravel road and his is the only stop you have on that road today.

It just happened to me, and by walking out to the truck and grabbing his package I just saved myself 8 miles of dusty, spine-jarring work on a 95 degree day. Sometimes karma pays off!

When I had my country run, I would look for people like that, hoping to find them in town to avoid having to run it off.

Resident know-it-all.

Rawrzxor

Nice. Though, I would say happiness is not having to be out in 95 degree weather, period. >.> Well, and making the money.

Though, though, there is also a fairly thin line between moderate discomfort and the dehydrated misery of loading trailers in 95 (105-110 in trailers) degree weather while making 10 dollars an hour.

Happiness is realizing that you make a (relative) :censored2: load of money doing a job easier than a lot of others. No offense to drivers. I know it kills your legs over the years.

O

OLDMAN3

Happiness is...
In my opinion...
Having to drive 8 miles between stops, no matter how bumpy.
After 25 years of city routes that average 6x the pieces as country routes, doing my country route is like not even working. I just drive slower over the bumps.
After talking with drivers who have done country their entire career, I realize they don't have any clue how hard this job is in the city.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
As much as it may suck, hard to pass up 8 miles of OT.
If you ever had an opportunity to drive on that road, you would pass it up in a heartbeat. I get plenty of OT already, when its 95 degrees and I am soaked with sweat and covered in dust I just wanna go home.

I think happiness would be you having the for thought to pick this week as a vacation. Ninty five degrees and working sucks:)

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

That is an easy reminder that there is someone out there looking out for you.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Happiness is...
In my opinion...
Having to drive 8 miles between stops, no matter how bumpy.
After 25 years of city routes that average 6x the pieces as country routes, doing my country route is like not even working. I just drive slower over the bumps.
After talking with drivers who have done country their entire career, I realize they don't have any clue how hard this job is in the city.
Should have switched routes a long time ago hoss. All about ass time in the seat versus killing your back.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Happiness is having a ghgh in the low 80's with ZERO humidity and a nice cool breeze blowing all day. it felt more like Late September than the middle of July