Happy 1st Day of the New Fiscal Year !

franknitty

My words of wisdom for today are 1) to do your best to delivery the services the FedEx Express customer paid for, but don't break company rules and/or city, state, and federal laws to do it, and 2) be very careful who you trust and share information with at your station because some of people we work with are brown nosers, gossips, sellouts, and double agents for the managers. This include handlers, couriers and CSAs. If you turn your back, they will stabyou !

And to our brothers and sisters at UPS: If you haven't figured it out by now through the comments on this page daily, there is "Civil War" within the FedEx Corporation. It is literal "Kill or be killed" in this company on a daily basis, and its going to get worse !

That is all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of your brethren, northeast swing driver, advocated sitting at a bulk stop and waiting until 1031 to scan the first package, purposely causing lates. What is your opinion on this?

BTW, this would be an instant termination at UPS.

CJinx

He better hope he doesn't get caught doing that. It would be a shame if he were to get fired for screwing around on the job.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
One of your brethren, northeast swing driver, advocated sitting at a bulk stop and waiting until 1031 to scan the first package, purposely causing lates. What is your opinion on this?

I think it was MFE who advocated doing that with a bulk stop, but NSD said that he wants to have lates on purpose. Six of one, a half-dozen of the other (both in terms of the people and the act). I hope the people who do that type of thing get it good and hard.

LTFedExer

The thing with doing that with the bulk stop is, that in the end, it accomplished nothing.

franknitty

I can't speak for NSD, but for me wouldn't do it. In my 20 years at express have I ever had an intentional late ? In my early years with the company when all I cared about was a paycheck, yes I have had an intentional late or two. Do I participate in this practice today ? NO. Break rules to keep from having lates ? ABSOLUTELY NOT ! If I see the potential for lates I send a message to the dispatcher explaining why b4 the late, and deal with it with management once I return to the building. No skin off my teeth because I attempted to the best of my ability to deliver services within company rules and regulations but this particular day I was unable due to circumstances beyond my control.