Happy Birthday Mission Accomplished!!

diesel96

Op-Ed yesterday in the Washington Post about "Mission Accomplished."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/01/AR2008050103220_pf.html

I find digging through the voting record, legislative history and timeline a most informative exercise. When it comes to some speaking out against the Iraq war, there are some people in the corridors of power in Washington that should keep their mouths shut!

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.ph...q_War_prior_to_the_2003_U.S._invasion#_note-0

Press sec. Dana Perino rewrites banner; "Mission accomplished for these Sailors who are on this ship on their mission"

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/04/30/perino-rewrites-banner/

i can't believe the room didn't burst out in laughter!:rofl:
Did she take it to a lower level than Tony Snowjob or what....

In another Presidential blunder...Bush gets heated with reporter Martha Raddatz....
"
Q Can I just add to that, a couple weeks ago —
THE PRESIDENT: No, you can’t. This is the second follow-up. You usually get one follow-up, and I was nice enough to give you one. I didn’t give anybody on this side a follow-up, and now you are trying to take a second follow-up.
Q Can I just say —
THE PRESIDENT: They just cut off your mic. You can’t, no.
Q A couple weeks ago you said —
THE PRESIDENT: Now she’s going to go without the mic. This is awesome"

"This is awesome"....I can shut peoples mic's off with unscripted questions......I can't believe this guy brokers deals with other worldly nations....Maybe he should hire Liberman to stand by him and whisper in his ear when asked tough questions..

And yet another blunder..Lets see how McClain gets out of this....
McCain said Friday he wanted to reduce our dependence on Middle East oil “that will prevent us from having ever to send our young men and women into conflict again in the Middle East.” Hours later, when he realized that he’d said we’re fighting the current Iraq war for oil, he then claimed, “No, no, I was talking about that we had fought the Gulf War for several reasons.”
If you look what he originally said, it’s clear he was talking about the current war.
We can start our own reality show....Bloopers, blunders, and mishaps of the GOP.....

Tieguy said:
Diesel I love the pic of the shell shocked guy. You should label it "an obamian taxpayer"
LOL...It's pretty creepy...No matter how you interpet it.

Overpaid Union Thug

Big Arrow,

you posted in part...

Slander? is that what you call equilibrium nowadays?

You guys been dishing this crap out for months and I come in and level the playing field and now your feelings are hurt?

Only in your Liberal mind have you leveled anything.

Dont make me laugh.

Thank you for the "redneck" confirmation, it makes me want to sing "i can see clearly now" by Johnny Nash.

Speaking of songs, I dont recall hearing the song by Hank Williams "Country Boys Can Survive?", but I did hear one called "I married my sister" by Chester Hatfield.

So now you have resorted to childish, and foolish, inbred jokes? Well, kind of reminds of when I was a kid and there was always that one arguementive "know it all" that would dish out "my Dad could beat up your dad" jokes when the other other kid would get the best of him in an argument. You know....the same kind of kid that would make fun of another's big ears or big head once an argument wasn't going their way. Your "redneck" and 'inbred" references don't exactly fall in line with the perfect little "tolerant" and "open minded" progressive beings that you liberals tote yourselves as being. I think you just might have to be banned from the club for such "racist" and "intolerant" comments. I mean the other lefties don't want a bigot in their ranks do they? LOL!

Handouts? Again, dont make me laugh. You would soil yourself if you saw my home compared to yours.

So you are that materialistic huh? Now you want to compare homes because your ridiculous comments have been shot down in flames? Well, to stay on your level of thinking here I must give the only response that is appropriate at this time...... "Well, at least my dad can beat up your dad!" LOL!

For your own sake I think it is time you threw in the towel. I mean it's only fitting. That's what the left is good at anyway. You've accomplished nothing with all your attempts at demonizing your own troops and radical views on your own country. A couple of us have asked you for proof of some of these things and you have yet to offer any. As predicted. And spare me of your slander of the South and of rednecks. It only shows your true colors.

satellitedriver

SAT,

The rhetoric you posted is exactly the standard "message" speech given by White House spokesholes everyday and every year of this conflict.

Lets take a quick analyst of what you
repeated":

"dad, and I was given a draft of that thing to look at. And I just died, and I said my God, it's too conclusive. And I fixed it and sent it back… they fixed the speech, but not the sign.[/I]"[8]
Bush reiterated a "Mission Accomplished" message to the troops at Camp As Sayliyah on June 5, 2003 — about a month after the aircraft carrier incident: "America sent you on a mission to remove a grave threat and to liberate an oppressed people, and that mission has been accomplished."[9]

Next you said:

Yes, we did go to war in WWII to fight an evil empire. In the end, we did win, but we did not win alone. The coalition of Russian, English, Canadian and Americans won the war collectively.

We could not have won alone. This little factoid you leave out. The USA could not have been successful without the totality of forces fighting the germans on all sides.

I get your little twist of facts, but they dont make your point.

Next you said:

You had me on the floor with this one..... This is exactly the reason rhetoric works. This is called an implied sentence. It makes the listener draw a connection to facts that are not connected.

From what you said, and keeping in mind we are talking about IRAQ, you expect anyone to believe that if we leave IRAQ, IRAQIS will make the trip to the USA to attack us? How? in their extensive air force? In their massive navy? Will they swim across the atlantic to breach our shores?

What possesses you to believe that IRAQI's will come to the United States of America to continue the fight?

Now, I know you will change your meaning to Al Qaeda, but remember, Gen Patreaus himself said there are less than 2000 Al Qaeda fighters in iraq. Hardly a fighting force.

Rhetoric and its intentions are to keep you in fear, clearly you are.

Next you said:

WOW, Rush got you on this one. He said this but 3 days ago.

A world war? This is where youre wrong. We are in a "concieved" pre-emptive world war. There is another term for this in history. Its called IMPERIALISM.

Imperialism has two meanings, one describing an action and the other describing an attitude. Most commonly it is understood in relation to Empire building, as the forceful extension of a nation's authority by territorial conquest establishing economic and political domination of other nations. In its second meaning the term describes the imperialistic attitude of superiority, subordination and dominion over foreign peoples.

Keep reading Sat, Ill give you an education for free.

Peace:peaceful:

And, your contribution to my edification would be exactly worth the price of admission. Zero
I never stated or implied we won WWII singlehanded.
You reply:

Quote:(my quote)
"If we take flight from our enemy, they will follow us to our nest."

You had me on the floor with this one..... This is exactly the reason rhetoric works. This is called an implied sentence. It makes the listener draw a connection to facts that are not connected.

Wrong again Mr. B.S.,
It is a declarative sentence wrapped in a metaphor using paratais(sp) grammatical structure.

When I stated;
Quote:
"Like it or not, we are in a world war."

Mr.B.S.,
You ASSumed I listen to Rush. Wrong again.
Maybe, 1 hours worth in the last ten years.
Check out this link and pay attention to the last minute of the video.
I guess I should just call it a worldwide conflict.

Islam conflicts around the world - recent Muslim conflicts

You say I twist facts and question how they are going to invade.
Invasion is simple, they need no navy. Our borders are porous and have been.
You also wish to keep this concept to IRAQ, as if it was a singular event.
Please watch my link again and try and justify your claim that it is our Imperialism as the root cause.
Maybe your way is the best.
We can just sit here in America and not do anything outside our borders and be happy.
No Imperialism, no providing the armed forces for the U.N.,no spending billion on foreign aid, no protection for our allies, no oil from foreign countries, no worries, because everyone will love us for not getting involved in their personal affairs.