Happy Days Are Here Again!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Received a Diad message yesterday stating "Corporate has allowed us to decrease stops per car by 4.5 as long as we bring it in."
Worked 11.5 hours yesterday with 114 stops.
Only 11.15 hrs today with 112 stops.
Don't know what I'm going to do with all my extra free time.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
More to the story. Was on vacation last week so I was left out of the loop as to what brought this on. Last Wednesday, one of our stewards went through the op report and noted that no driver was under a 10 hr paid day. Our center, like most others has been pounded with peak type hours all year. He got around 30 drivers to confront the center manager and demand a reduction in forced overtime or there would be 30 over 9.5 grievances filed. Must have ruffled some feathers on up the chain as they have agreed to the 4.5 stop per car reduction. Not a big reduction but at least it's a start!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
More to the story. Was on vacation last week so I was left out of the loop as to what brought this on. Last Wednesday, one of our stewards went through the op report and noted that no driver was under a 10 hr paid day. Our center, like most others has been pounded with peak type hours all year. He got around 30 drivers to confront the center manager and demand a reduction in forced overtime or there would be 30 over 9.5 grievances filed. Must have ruffled some feathers on up the chain as they have agreed to the 4.5 stop per car reduction. Not a big reduction but at least it's a start!

Sounds good, but depending what center you are in, that could mean at least ......one whole route..let the good times roll...

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Sounds good, but depending what center you are in, that could mean at least ......one whole route..let the good times roll...

Two extra cars were run on Monday. Informed via Diad message today that the paid day was brought down. I guess that's a pat on the back.