Happy easy money day!

Rack em

Made the Podium
You guys making $100+ an hour are so lucky! I only ended up working 5.5 hours but adding in my 8 hour holiday pay, it was a good day. And I think I have to deliver Saturday air tomorrow because one of the air drivers is on vacation this week. So that'll be another 4-5 hours at time½ :)

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Yeah I'm another 177 guy collecting money right now to do nothing on this four day weekend. I'll just make in tax-free tips what I woulda made had I worked today.

browner89

These lead boots I'm wearing are killing my feet.

Here, pad the inside!

maxresdefault.jpg

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Getting paid time and a half all day is great, but whats even greater is when you get the easiest job there is today. I get to shuttle air today instead of run a route. So I'll still get about 6 hours of work for just handing drivers more work while I just drive around. I'm hoping preload got me some misloads :biggrin:
Weak sauce. Try this: 14 hours in feeder, 4 stops @ 1.5 time (plus holiday), do the math.

Foamer Pyle

Today was total BS at my center. I went in for the big money, but as usual, UPS cut routes, and had a late start time, and a 10 hour day waiting for those of us that worked. I am thinking I should have just stayed home.

rod

Retired 22 years
Today was total BS at my center. I went in for the big money, but as usual, UPS cut routes, and had a late start time, and a 10 hour day waiting for those of us that worked. I am thinking I should have just stayed home.

and you expected something else?

barnyard

KTM rider
I had 210 pieces for Barnes and Noble. Could only get the back door open about 10 inches, so I unloaded what would I could slide out and did the limbo into the back to unjam the door and open it up.

When I was done there, I drove 25 miles to my next stop. Traffic was ridiculous and it took 45 minutes to cross town. Delivered 39 stops and drove back to about 2 miles away from Barnes and Noble to deliver another 39 stops. Took 40 minutes to cross town.

Had lobster bisque for break, which was really nice.

Then off to the mall to pick up 120 pieces, then the 45 minute slog back to the center. 8.5 hour day and it pretty much sucked.

Not only will I say it on pay day, but I already wrote it on the calendar for next year, so I can take it off unless forced.

I had 210 pieces for Barnes and Noble. Could only get the back door open about 10 inches, so I unloaded what would I could slide out and did the limbo into the back to unjam the door and open it up.

When I was done there, I drove 25 miles to my next stop. Traffic was ridiculous and it took 45 minutes to cross town. Delivered 39 stops and drove back to about 2 miles away from Barnes and Noble to deliver another 39 stops. Took 40 minutes to cross town.

Then off to the mall to pick up 120 pieces, then the 45 minute slog back to the center. 8.5 hour day and it pretty much sucked.

Not only will I say it on pay day, but I already wrote it on the calendar for next year, so I can take it off unless forced.
Sounds like you was slacking
We expect more from you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you have air for the section 25 miles from B&N?

special brownie

Today was the worst day after thanksgiving day I have ever had. It was like a cut back day with extra area, but the stops were way up. Half the building had helpers and we all went out with 11 hour days. At the pcm we were told no over tens today. What a joke

PT Car Washer

Times when we can't get the back door to open we drive forward fast and slam on the brakes. Works most of the time.