The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so,
He called it ... Dad- Author Unknown

texan

Father's Day - honouring fatherhood

Father's Day is a celebration dedicated to pay reverence to fatherhood. The celebration is considered to be a
special day in everyone's lives as people express their gratitude towards their fathers or father figures for their
caring hearts and contribution to their children's lives.

The trend to celebrate Father's Day takes place every year across the world on various dates.
People organize or plan various exciting programmes to observe the day and make their fathers feel special.
Like many parts of the world, India also observes this special event on the third Sunday of June.

The origin of Father's Day celebration dates back to June 19, 1910 in Spokane, Washington (US) that was
primarily observed to complement Mother's Day, a celebration to honour motherhood.
The celebration was based on the idea proposed by Sonora Smart Dodd.

Sonora Smart Dodd (February 18, 1882 - March 22, 1978), born in Arkansas, after hearing a sermon
desired to pay reverence to her father and suggested the idea to celebrate Father's Day on her
father's birthday date. After much deliberation the celebration date was deferred to the third Sunday of June.
However, the campaign to celebrate Father's Day didn't receive much response.

After much debate on the celebration of Father's Day across the US, in 1966, President Lyndon B Johnson
eventually officially announced the third Sunday as Father's Day to honour fathers.
After six years, President Richard Nixon signed the day into law thus recognizing it as a
permanent national holiday.

bbsam

Staff member
Spending Father's Day at second day of soccer tournament. Odd. The thing we were most hesitant about with travel soccer (time commitments, travel, etc.) is what I most enjoy about it. Can't beat a summer day at the soccer fields with the entire family. Happy Father's Day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Spending Father's Day at second day of soccer tournament. Odd. The thing we were most hesitant about with travel soccer (time commitments, travel, etc.) is what I most enjoy about it. Can't beat a summer day at the soccer fields with the entire family. Happy Father's Day.

We did the travel hockey and baseball thing---it is nice to spend a few hours in a cool ice rink in the middle of a summer heat wave.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Happy Fathers day to the young and old fathers, the wanna be fathers who are looking forward and just starting out.
Happy fathers day to doggie and kitty and horsey, and all pet daddies.
And to anyone who has not made a call or a gesture to your Daddy if you are lucky enough to still have yours, get off here and do something.
I miss my Dad every day.
At the very least on daddys day, I'd give him a card, make a cake, make it special for him. And we would share a beer or two. And most likely it would be Strohs, ick. But I enjoyed the company.
Id want to take him to dinner or lunch, and he just wanted to stay home with his puppies. He never liked to leave them, unless he had to.
I inherited that trait. Thanks Dad.

moreluck

golden ticket member
A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child. - Knights of Pythagoras

I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection. - Sigmund Freud

When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry. - Jewish Proverb

The father who does not teach his son his duties is equally guilty with the son who neglects them. - Confucius

moreluck

golden ticket member
675330440290ea3fab5106601351459b.jpg