Happy Father's day!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
No, I mean I'm waiting for it to be a good Fathers Day. Thanks anyway, though. I appreciate that. I had to do it the hard way the first time. My first is adopted and the second is biological.

Last edited:

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I'll be having a much better weekend once the Pirates chase Clayton Kershaw from this game...

I can't remember if I asked you this already or not. I apologize if I did . Do you live around Pittsburgh, or just a fan? I live around the Pittsburgh area.

You did not, and I live in Central Jersey. I am the last of the diehard Pirates fans that have never seen the team win the WS lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Happy Father's Day to all of the Dads here on Brown Cafe!

Today can be a very confusing day for many young people in our inner-cities. To that end, I think Hallmark should add a "Are you my Daddy?" line to their collection.

S

serenity now

the omission of a day to recognize fathers became so blatantly obvious, that Father's Day was established as an offset to Mother's Day

(sort of a default non-holiday)

moreluck

golden ticket member
In my youth (back in dinosaur times), we had family celebrations for both Mother's and Father's Days.
They were huge family picnics at Wyoga Lake Park.

Because it's in Ohio, we usually had cold weather for Mother's Day and our picnic was more like a camping experience.

On Father's Day, it was swimming and lots more fun for kids.

It was a good way for the many extended families to get together........I had tons of cousins to play with.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
the omission of a day to recognize fathers became so blatantly obvious, that Father's Day was established as an offset to Mother's Day

(sort of a default non-holiday)
I agree it's a hallmark holiday, but as a little kid it was fun. Pouncing on my father to wake him up (3 hrs before he probably wanted to get up on a sunday) and surprise him with burnt pancakes and a gaudy necktie he'll never wear in public. Miss ya Dad.