Happy Fathers Day!

Cementups

Box Monkey
When I was a kid growing up I did not have a Dad----I had a Father. You may ask, "what's the difference?" There is a huge difference. A Dad is someone who takes you to the ballgame, gives you your first beer and goes to the store to buy you tampons because you are too embarrassed to do it yourself. A Father is someone whom you fear walking through the front door every night.

When it was my turn I vowed to be a Dad rather than a Father and while I may not have always succeeded I feel confident that I did a much better job.

My Father passed away a few years ago and his memory died very shortly thereafter.

I will not be with Megan and David today as one will be with her family and the other too far away.
He will be here the week of the 4th and together we will drive down to visit her on the 28th (June).

"....and as I hung up the phone it occurred to me, he'd grown up just like me. My boy was just like me."

My son has my analytical and practical sides while he has his mother's warmth and compassion.

Seems you and I had similar fathers. My father passed away 21 years ago when I was 19. I don't miss him as a father but I am curious to how he would be with my kids as a grandfather. I always said I would never be like him. And seeing how my kids treat me back it seems I'm doing a pretty good job at being a dad.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Seems you and I had similar fathers. My father passed away 21 years ago when I was 19. I don't miss him as a father but I am curious to how he would be with my kids as a grandfather. I always said I would never be like him. And seeing how my kids treat me back it seems I'm doing a pretty good job at being a dad.

I am more curious how my mother would have been with my kids and granddaughter as a grandmother/greatgrandmother. She passed in 1980 and a bitter man become unbearable.