Happy Founders Day

tieguy

Banned
Happy founders day everyone. On this day we thank you for your efforts in helping build towards the success of our team 400,000 employees strong.
We thank you for the hard work ethic you have displayed that allows us all to proudly say we work for ups. And we thank the many of you who achieve service and safety milestones this year.

CustomerConcern

Re: Happy Found ers Day

Happy founders day everyone. On this day we thank you for your efforts in helping build towards the success of our team 400,000 employees strong.
We thank you for the hard work ethic you have displayed that allows us all to proudly say we work for ups. And we thank the many of you who achieve service and safety milestones this year.

Isn't this what got the "I promise" thread closed?

Just kidding, its one of those mornings, Happy friend day to you too.

brownboxman

Re: Happy Found ers Day

Yes it is Founders Day, a day to remember a man and a family that started UPS. He started UPS in Seattle after the Klondike gold rush fell apart at the turn of the 20th century. He worked hard and his company grew. His employees worked hard and are payed well till this very day. But I feel a certain sadness well I see the results of the last 20 years. And just so you all know I am not alone in this, I have a relative who was a regional manager who feels the same way, the feel of the company has changed and obviously it needs to. But when I started I knew much was expected and there was a feeling of belonging to a great team. Now, it's you do your job, you get payed, end of story. James Casey was a smart hard working man, he wanted employees to be the same way, and to feel a part of something. That is gone. And it is sad.

iowa boy

Ya know Tie,

Coming from you this does mean something to some of us on here, but do you have the ability to convince our local management team to say the same to us?

Got nothing about founders day here, just another day telling us we all are 'least best'.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Ya know Tie,

Coming from you this does mean something to some of us on here, but do you have the ability to convince our local management team to say the same to us?

Got nothing about founders day here, just another day telling us we all are 'least best'.

Tieguy giving you PCM off the clock.... ****

Last edited by a moderator:

tieguy

Banned
Ya know Tie,

Our bedside manner can leave something to be desired. I woke up today to 18 voice mails. One positive founders day voice mail and 17 that focused on other issues or anguished over whatever may be wrong in the district or divison.
Today is a day when we should have tunnel vision focused on thanking our people and our customers for our success.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We Love Logistics?

Did UPS have a contest in the Atlanta elementary schools and this was the winning slogan? We were told at the PCM it was submitted by a 3rd grader from Peachtree Blvd Elementary School.

iowa boy

Tieguy giving you PCM off the clock.... seems a bit twisted, psychopathic on his part. Also it is a bit twisted you recognized and stroked his ego.

I thought about the 'stroking his ego' part of it, but when Tie comes on here and says thank you to us instead of saying all of us are 'union thugs' or whatever, that tells me a little bit about his character. Maybe he does care....just a little? Better not press my luck though.

tieguy

Banned
Tieguy giving you PCM off the clock....

Our people tell us we dont say thank you enough, I tend to agree.

whats sad is that I can't start a thread where I give positive thanks to the many of you out there without taking a few shots for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Re-Raise

whats sad is that I can't start a thread where I give positive thanks to the many of you out there without taking a few shots for it.

Since you asked.... It did strike me as a little disingenous coming from you based on some of your previous posts.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Great PCM there Tieguy,.

Happy Flounders Day, thank you for your contributions as well! Let's celebrate! :happy-very:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Agreed tie ... this type of response is what SOCKS reacted to and rightfully so.