Happy Hands!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'm with you brother. Since probably April or May when the "October Surprise" was made into the biggest thing to happen since the '97 BrownOut. I've theorized with myself that maybe, just maybe, the Memphites "leaked" the October Surprise to accelerate attrition. Just a thought.

A reminder! You never know who anyone is on here and it could be someone from Memphis screwing with you or intentionally posting bad info. Then again, there are people in the company who leak different info to different people to see what pops up elsewhere so they know who can't be trusted. I think R1a simply got caught up in his own crap and went so deep that there was no way he could possibly back out of it.

Goldilocks

What's coming out will be more OLCCs, more performance letters and more SPH in an attempt to squeeze some couriers out if a job so they can hit their 3% reduction in hours goal.

Not sure about your station, but at my station the managers have backed off and are allowing us to do our jobs. Maybe Memphis is finally listening to our concerns or reading BC.....

MAKAVELI

Doubt it it's just the calm before the storm how long have you been working here? You ever notice how nice ans sweet they are right before SFA?

newgirl

I heard a rumor that someone (courier at a station) lost (or misplaced) one of Fred's personal packages, anyone else hear about it?

59 Dano

I heard a rumor that someone (courier at a station) lost (or misplaced) one of Fred's personal packages, anyone else hear about it?

Heard about it. He supposedly spoke directly with the courier's manager and it went surprisingly well once the circumstances were explained. As a result everyone who works out of a Sprinter was told to double check the area behind the supply rack in the cargo area.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm with you brother. Since probably April or May when the "October Surprise" was made into the biggest thing to happen since the '97 BrownOut. I've theorized with myself that maybe, just maybe, the Memphites "leaked" the October Surprise to accelerate attrition. Just a thought.
I think it all came from right here. I had heard a 28% number tossed around and brought it here. R1a debunked it first and then through "sources" came to belive. It then took on a life of it's own. What began as "rampant speculation" seemed to become gospel truth for some. I'll be honest, I was hopeful. In that time, I've had people in the terminal come up to me and say, "Who's bbsam?" Two months ago, our senior manager called me and asked me to stop telling my drivers that we were going to get alot of Express volume. I did so but I also know the rumors here had made it over to the local Express station. One of their drivers asked me at a pickup if we were ready to start getting all the Verizon and other accounts. Crazy. All seemed to come full circle.

vantexan

I think it all came from right here. I had heard a 28% number tossed around and brought it here. R1a debunked it first and then through "sources" came to belive. It then took on a life of it's own. What began as "rampant speculation" seemed to become gospel truth for some. I'll be honest, I was hopeful. In that time, I've had people in the terminal come up to me and say, "Who's bbsam?" Two months ago, our senior manager called me and asked me to stop telling my drivers that we were going to get alot of Express volume. I did so but I also know the rumors here had made it over to the local Express station. One of their drivers asked me at a pickup if we were ready to start getting all the Verizon and other accounts. Crazy. All seemed to come full circle.

I found it interesting that Fred was asked by Wall Street guys in October about whether Express would lose Express Saver freight. I don't recall hearing about 3 day going away anywhere but here. Makes me wonder if Wall Street monitors this site to pickup on rumors that might affect the stock price. Or get a sense of whether there's serious union activity going on.

bbsam

Staff member
I found it interesting that Fred was asked by Wall Street guys in October about whether Express would lose Express Saver freight. I don't recall hearing about 3 day going away anywhere but here. Makes me wonder if Wall Street monitors this site to pickup on rumors that might affect the stock price. Or get a sense of whether there's serious union activity going on.
I know for a fact that Googling certain things like "Fedex Ground Contractor", "Fedex Ground ISP", will bring up posts from this site. So it's very possible that searching any number of Fedex topics could bring investors or anybody else here.

hypo hanna

IMO, Wall Street monitors every possible source for any and every scrap of information they can find.including BC. When there is hundreds of millions on the line, why wouldn't they?

59 Dano

It probably evolved like everything else. Someone in the company kicked around the idea of killing XS and others got wind of it. Like bbsam said about what he'd heard in another instance, it took on a life of its own.

If Wall Street monitors this place for anything other than the entertainment value, then we'll be bartering with rocks and roots soon.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

Yeah,
I stopped repeating what I read here to others at my sta.
Most of the things I read here don't come true.

CJinx

Heard about it. He supposedly spoke directly with the courier's manager and it went surprisingly well once the circumstances were explained. As a result everyone who works out of a Sprinter was told to double check the area behind the supply rack in the cargo area.
If that is true than major props for all involved for keeping their cool in a situation like that.