Happy, Happy, Happy

A

Anonymous 1

Actually I think I am doing pretty well right now.

Yeah, you're doing so well that you can't let go of the past and just keep spending all of your precious time on BC tearing on the company and the union.

You are obviously doing GREAT.

B

BROWN4LIFE15

RUPS: this thread started as a light-hearted effort to get a little activity going in the I.S. forum. I am certainly not looking for any attention, and haven't posted anything in many months.

ImpactedTSG

I do think he does spend a lot of time bashing. I think it comes from having other work experience in his life to develop a comparison. I think he has the experience to know when a company has great strengths as well as great weaknesses.

I think UPS is a 50/50 company. 50% of its business ethic and practice is top-notch. The other 50% is abysmal. I think this guy is suggesting that in the non-union and technology areas, it is the later. Maybe I got the guy wrong, but it is how he is coming off.
Maybe I do point out a lot of the negative things, but it is a forum where ideas are bounced around and topics are debated. If everyone was 100% positive all the time and all thought exactly the same then there really wouldn't much discussion going on would there?

ImpactedTSG

No matter how great Diad, PAS, HFC, etc. is, the company still considers brown-uniforms more important than business casual.
That's how it should be. UPS is a delivery company, and the brown-uniforms are how the packages get delivered. That will never change. TSG and IS will always be looked at as a liability and expense instead of a valuable piece of the puzzle. I never really understood that until I left and became part of the management team for a technology company. That's when I took a good look at what I did while at UPS and asked myself if I didn't do my job for a day how much impact would that have on the business? Could the operation still go on without me or any other TSG tech for that matter. Sadly, the answer is yes.

isn't it kind of odd to be sticking around to see when more of your ex-coworkers get the ax? :crazy2:

I'm an ex-UPSer as well. I didn't find out about BC until after I left UPS, otherwise I would have been here when I was still working at UPS. I considered myself a lifer (18 years at UPS) and thought I'd retire there. However, a few events gave me some new perspective:

The district's G.O. was downsized from about 150 admins to about 50 (PCA's gone, Pricing group gone)

The district hub eliminated some functions as well (DRG gone, etc)

District level servers (AIS, PCIS, ODS, CARES, etc) replaced by centralized web apps. As this was a logical move, it still meant less things to support.

Regional TSC's eliminated and consolidated.

TSG under scrutiny to justify its existence via PMT. Proactivity no longer beneficial. Micromanagement becomes prevalent. Integrity becomes a gray area.

As safe and secure as I felt working for UPS for all those years, I got worried. But you think you will be fine because if you do have to find another job, you have technical skills. That's where I was wrong. I have several certifications (that got me nowhere at UPS by the way) and a degree, but I quickly found out that my skills were outdated working at UPS. I keep in touch with my old co-workers and I remind them that they need to update their skills above and beyond what they do at UPS if they want to survive in the real world (and not just go back to being an operations WAD).

So yes, I come here to check the dying pulse of TSG. It's kinda like driving past a car crash, you don't want to look at it, but you do anyways.

Last edited:
L

Loving Ramsey

i wish you would have stayed away

RUPS: this thread started as a light-hearted effort to get a little activity going in the I.S. forum. I am certainly not looking for any attention, and haven't posted anything in many months.

A

Anonymous 1

So yes, I come here to check the dying pulse of TSG. It's kinda like driving past a car crash, you don't want to look at it, but you do anyways.

I can understand wanting to feel in the loop of the place you used to work, but I was pointing out how ImpactedTSG is so negative across the board. UPS sucks, the Teamsters suck, Obama and Clinton suck, gay people suck...in fact, everyone and everything in the world that isn't this gloomy tool suck.

Sev 8

I can understand wanting to feel in the loop of the place you used to work, but I was pointing out how ImpactedTSG is so negative across the board. UPS sucks, the Teamsters suck, Obama and Clinton suck, gay people suck...in fact, everyone and everything in the world that isn't this gloomy tool suck.

Yeah, but the guy has had a chance to see the rest of the world. People at UPS are kinda like overly patriotic Americans. They know the company has faults, but still think it is the greatest thing on earth.

Once you get away from it all, you see things more clearly.

I think ImpactedTSG feels the need to save people who don't think they need to be saved. The more the truth is told, the more it is rejected.

ImpactedTSG

I think ImpactedTSG feels the need to save people who don't think they need to be saved. The more the truth is told, the more it is rejected.
Thanks Sev 8. I may be opinionated and over the top at times, but I honestly believe everything I say like you said, based on what I have seen both at UPS and outside UPS.

rups

See brown4..... Your intentions are not light hearted. You received an insult and directed another insult towards RJ.

It goes back to the Lose / Lose equation you are part of.

Personal self-imposed ban in process. This forum is a distraction from growing the business.

Good luck all - think brown.

L

loving Ramsey

Still loving Ramsey

Energized
Compensated fairly
Recognized by Mgmt
One of our guys is going to the Belmont for Sales leads
Have a voice in what happens
This is Ramsey

& LOVING IT

I hear McDonald's is hiring on Rt 17....get your application yet ?? Loser

get a real ID you loser - and go into RJ's office and kiss some more butt

B

BROWN4LIFE15

RUPS: when someone calls you a brown-nose, is that directed at your boss-or u? Your comments are understood but have u ever worked in Ramsey?

B

BROWN4LIFE15

Re: Still loving Ramsey

Energized
Compensated fairly
Recognized by Mgmt
One of our guys is going to the Belmont for Sales leads
Have a voice in what happens
This is Ramsey

& LOVING IT

I hear McDonald's is hiring on Rt 17....get your application yet ?? Loser

AAA = another anonymous :censored2: