Happy Holidays

D

dannyboy

Dont forget to work monday. If off you will not get paid for the two holidays.

My best to each of you and yours.

d

T

taupe

I was told as a seasonal, I would be paid 3.5 hours for Thurs.& Friday.

Was that incorrect ?

Will we have the day after Christmas off; like we did for Thanksgiving ?

F

feeder

Seasonal workers getting paid for holiday pay??? Looks like someone dropped a late April fools joke on you near ThanksGiving, you Turkey!!! My local contract states(Check yours) that an UPS employee(one who worked 30 working days, also, has worked 9 months after senority) will be entitle for holiday pay. As for the day off after Christmas, You being seasonal and Not Union, at our building we call it laid-off, INDEFINETLY!!!!!!

L

local804

LMAO , no pay for the temps here either. I guess you have to give credit for the person who told him that without laughing.

O

opie

Finally got my turkey yesterday. I thought the turkeys were going to be bigger, but instead everyone gets about a 12-13 pounder. The turkeys used to be bigger I was told, but every year they get smaller and smaller. Do we get anything else for the holidays? A bonus or something? A Christmas party?

A

afups

Been retired since 1990. Never got a turkey over 13 pounds...generally 11.5 to 12.5...The only turkeys I ever saw that were bigger were a few
of our employees that were real "turkeys".

T

traveler

opie,

Way back in ancient times (the '60's) I was a driver. Some drivers would get into the center as early as they could to scout the Turkeys to get the biggest for themselves. Usually the big ones were 13 to 14 pounds. The smallest was usually about 12 pounds even.

Think about it for a few minutes. The turkey is a gift of good will. No one that works here is in NEED of this bird whether 10 pounds or 20 pounds. Enjoy the turkey, many companys out there give you a hardy handshake and some give you less!

B

brownmonster

A few of us guys would take our turkeys to the clerks scale and each throw in a buck, heaviest bird takes the pot. Now most of us donate them to a local food pantry. Those 50 extra stops each day is your Christmas bonus!!

O

opie

I'm not a driver, so those extra 50 stops don't apply to me. My sup said if we want to have a Christmas party of some sort, we have to pay for it.

D

dammor

opie,

You will not get a BIG turkey, and there will be no Christmas party. Santa died in a truck wreck many years ago. Deal with it..........

A

activeapathy

opie, not all sups feel that way myself and other sups on my sort got together and put together a huge thanksgiving dinner for all our guys out of our own pocket. some sups need to learn if they want to increase pph, reward your people for the hard work they do and they'll will care of the slackers themselves.