Happy Labor Day: Love Fred

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by thedownhillEXPRESS, Sep 3, 2012.

1. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

NOT!!!!!!

Screw all you lazy Express workers and that whole union movement thingy wanting fair wages and benefits.

What do you think this is America?....Oh wait, it is still America but not for long!!!!

Happy oppressed Labor Day FedEx employees!!!!!!

:usaflag2:

2. GoodGrief

GoodGrief New Member

Thanks, I am having a pretty good one.......

3. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

No holiday pay for you. While I'm at it, what other company requires that you work both the day before a holiday and the day after in order to receive pay for the holiday? I fully realize their intent, but what if you are legitimately sick? You eat a day of pay, and it goes in Fred's pocket. So fair.

4. Goldilocks

Goldilocks Well-Known Member

You know, thats the way its always been.....Not saying its right but you always a those few that f### it up for the rest of us by calling in sick....

5. GoodGrief

GoodGrief New Member

Easy, if you are legitimately sick, bring a doctors note and there is not a damn thing they can do about it but pay you.

6. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

Doesn't work that way, note or not you don't get paid.....

7. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

I think that is fairly standard.

8. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

Been the standard for every company I've worked for. Not saying it's right, but pretty standard from my experiences.

9. GoodGrief

GoodGrief New Member

Even though I don't work for Express, we have the same policy. I have been sick several times after a holiday over the years and always got paid. Maybe it's a salaried thing, but it's up to the manager where I work.

10. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

Strange, I've never heard of that happening before. I do have a co-worker that happens to miraculously get sick a day or two before and/or after a holiday or scheduled vacation. HR got involved with that and now she only gets sick before/after every *other* holiday/vacation. Wow! A visit from HR and you get sick half as often!
    The same employee needs to go home sick whenever they get disciplined by a manager, or takes a sick day when their adult children get the sniffles...

If you don't get paid for holidays because you were sick, you can thank clowns like this.

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

UPS does. If you call in sick they won't pay you without a doctor's note.

12. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

sometimes they have that "montly visitor"... I volunteered to cover for that one person who's meds didn't help that month & management reduced the load ~20% because of the late dispatch. Win-win for everyone:grouphug:

13. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

OK. What if you call in sick the work day prior to a paid hoilday OR the work day after. Will they still pay you...provided you get a note?

14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If you provide a note they will pay you.

15. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

OK, there's the difference. FedEx won't pay you even if you have a doctor's note.

16. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

At last station about 6 weeks ago they started requiring a doctor's note ANYTIME you called in sick.

17. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Hmmm. I don't think they can do that per policy, but that won't stop them from trying.

18. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

I think it falls under the all encompassing "station needs".

19. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Oh, that explains it..LOL.

20. DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS Active Member

Remember, Uncle Fredward gets to make the rules as he goes along, and then not follow those rules because of "operational needs". Van, was your MD's initials TR?