HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY EXPRESS COURIERS

vantexan

How does it feel to get a raise and work slower?

But don't worry, snowflake. Topped out couriers aren't making those AIC checks happen.
I only hope that the economy will improve enough that better jobs become available, and FedEx will have to pay better to keep people. With fuel prices dropping plus all the austerity they should have a banner year profit wise. Time to give some back to the employees.

hypo hanna

I only hope that the economy will improve enough that better jobs become available, and FedEx will have to pay better to keep people. With fuel prices dropping plus all the austerity they should have a banner year profit wise. Time to give some back to the employees.
I wouldn't hold my breath. There have been many profitable periods in the past and they always managed some excuse why the upper mgmt and stockholders can be rewarded and front line employees must tighten their belts.

vantexan

I wouldn't hold my breath. There have been many profitable periods in the past and they always managed some excuse why the upper mgmt and stockholders can be rewarded and front line employees must tighten their belts.
True, can only hope that so many people find something elsewhere that FedEx will be forced to pay better. Not holding my breath.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How does it feel to get a raise and work slower?

But don't worry, snowflake. Topped out couriers aren't making those AIC checks happen.

This is a perfect encapsulation of what Memphis thinks of us, straight from the corporate orifice.

Gee, Dano. Our "industry leading"wages and benefits are only about 15 years behind. What a sorry suck-ass joke you are.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Hey, van. You just keep hammering them out of the park...post after post. What has come over you?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dano, you topped your last stupid statement. Good job!

Since Dano referenced all the new Boeing planes Fred is buying, let me remind everyone that Smith threatened to cancel his 777 order a few years ago if the RLA was modified in any way that made it easier for Express employees to organize.

As usual, Fred got his way, Boeing and the US senators (Democrats) from Washington State (Boeing country) caved-in, and we were screwed...again.

Yes, Fred S...Dano's hero.

vantexan

Hey, van. You just keep hammering them out of the park...post after post. What has come over you?
My mgr looked me in the eye and said the rules have changed, can't rehire you at your old pay. After signing the offer letter called HR. True, she said, but in areas where FedEx has a hard time hiring someone they can still rehire former employees at their previous pay. But since I signed the offer letter I'm out of luck she said. Find it hard to believe the two mgrs involved in my hiring, one the station's hiring mgr, didn't know this. They'd gone more than 6 months covering this FT rt from 125 miles away which caused them major problems with the 14 hr rule. So now as long as I'm at FedEx I'll have to struggle much more than I would have. And when a jerk comes on here after all that he gets my disrespect. The really pathetic thing is that giving me my percentage of range back, which would've only put me a little over $19hr, would've kept me here until 60. Now they'll have to go through this all over again in 2 years. Really short-sighted.

vantexan

You know they would just increase the starting wage. Progression and raises wouldn't increase.
Then they'll be bottom heavy with inexperienced employees who'll quit at a much higher frequency than topped out employees. Really, what's the attraction to stay 20+ years anymore?

bbsam

Staff member
Then they'll be bottom heavy with inexperienced employees who'll quit at a much higher frequency than topped out employees. Really, what's the attraction to stay 20+ years anymore?
What's the attraction for the company? The toll this job takes on the body is better paid by the youthful. I'm hardly in the same shape I was 20 years ago and I feel it now like I never did before. Companies have no compulsion or desire to pay you for what you did over the years. That's been compensated for.

vantexan

What's the attraction for the company? The toll this job takes on the body is better paid by the youthful. I'm hardly in the same shape I was 20 years ago and I feel it now like I never did before. Companies have no compulsion or desire to pay you for what you did over the years. That's been compensated for.
Then why did they used to give incentives to keep employees for many years? Ultimately now they'd rather have high turnover and higher profits. I just don't think they'll thrive with a workforce that mostly doesn't care because there's no incentives to help this company thrive.

vantexan

You know, people who hustle without having to be told are usually people wanting more than just to tread water their entire lives. When FedEx has a highly UNMOTIVATED workforce let's see how well they do then. *Hashtag FedEx Pride*