Happy New Year

whiskey

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2011. I booked a couple of rooms at the Four Seasons in Boston for tomorrow night. Looking forward to all the festivities. I haven't done "first night' in thirty years. But then again, it was my girl friends idea. Why do women always come up with the best ideas?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2011. I booked a couple of rooms at the Four Seasons in Boston for tomorrow night. Looking forward to all the festivities. I haven't done "first night' in thirty years. But then again, it was my girl friends idea. Why do women always come up with the best ideas?

Enjoy the two zillion people and mud/slush.

Happy New Year.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^l |^^^^^^^^^^|
( #### Happy New Year 2011 ####|”"”;..,___.
|……_______=====_| l______________l _|__|…, ] |
“(@)’(@)”""""""*l'(@)l'(@)l """"""""""""""(@)'(@)""""'(@)

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have a 5 pound rib roast (prime rib) and 2 Lobster tails for New Years Eve. Saving myself for a big party at my house the next day for The Rose Bowl.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Saving myself for a big party at my house the next day for The Rose Bowl.

No party for me, I have to work on New year's Day. Always associated New Year's Day with football but not this year. My boss is from Green Bay and went to Wisconsin so he's really miffed ... that's going to be a good bowl game.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
No party for me, I have to work on New year's Day. Always associated New Year's Day with football but not this year. My boss is from Green Bay and went to Wisconsin so he's really miffed ... that's going to be a good bowl game.

What's so important that you have to work on a Sat./Holiday?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What's so important that you have to work on a Sat./Holiday?

We have an Enterprise Release of UPS.com that goes out at the first of the year. Coincides with rate changes and service offerings that go into effect on January 1 of each year.

Also on the second Saturday of July - have to work that Saturday too.

Usually no problem - this year, New Year's Day is on Saturday. Really not that big a deal anyway ... just got to gripe a little. :wink2:

We have an Enterprise Release of UPS.com that goes out at the first of the year. Coincides with rate changes and service offerings that go into effect on January 1 of each year.

Also on the second Saturday of July - have to work that Saturday too.

Usually no problem - this year, New Year's Day is on Saturday. Really not that big a deal anyway ... just got to gripe a little. :wink2:
Can you have a drink or two while your working? If you can I'll step up and have one for you brother.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ill be driving to Wisconsin throught the heart of chicago, on NYE, with my dobermans. To see my grandkids I havent seen since Oct. Reubens, NYE, cheese curds, fresh Lake erie perch on Saturday, and lots of sloppy kisses, and kids crawling oall over us. Cya all in a few, cheers.

tarbar66

Twelve New York strip steaks
Alaska king crab
Humongous shrimp
Two cases of Blue Moon
One case of Straub
One case Stella Artois
Priceless

I was at my nephews wedding rehearsal dinner this evening and Straub dark was on tap. I am hoping the the reception hall has it on tap too. It sounds like a good way to ring in the New Year.

I was at my nephews wedding rehearsal dinner this evening and Straub dark was on tap. I am hoping the the reception hall has it on tap too. It sounds like a good way to ring in the New Year.
When I found that beer I felt like I hit the lotto or publishers clearing house. Truly a great beer.