Harambe-The silver back gorilla

Do you think OpNeeds is the Purple Princess?

• Total voters

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The mom is already defending herself and the zoo's actions on facebook. Kind of a weak defense when her first act was to run to social media. Maybe she was distracted with her nose in her cell phone but she was correct in saying 4 year old kids can climb into almost anything.
That's why my kids were always strapped into either a stroller or shopping cart (until they didn't fit) when we were out. All it takes is a minute of distraction for them to get into anything. It was for their safety and my sanity. And anyone who tries to say they were never distracted is lying to themselves and everyone else.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Probably one of those unlicensed daycares that are just glorified babysitters.

Have you priced daycare lately?

My daughter pays $250 for licensed daycare. She will get a $5/week discount for the second one.

This is why you have unlicensed day cares.

Out kids went to an unlicensed daycare for years. They turned out just fine.

oldngray

nowhere special
Have you priced daycare lately?

My daughter pays $250 for licensed daycare. She will get a $5/week discount for the second one.

This is why you have unlicensed day cares.

Out kids went to an unlicensed daycare for years. They turned out just fine.

My church opened a daycare last year so I know exactly what the costs are.

Gear

Parts on Order
How about the mom's reaction. "Mommy is here baby, mommy loves you". She didnt sound distraught or anything. You know she's thinking, "Im getting paid, Im going to sue." She looked like the gorilla's sister, she should've jump down there and beat the gorilla up.

oldngray

nowhere special
Do you suppose the parents are at an attorney's office as we speak?

If the parents sue then they open themselves up to possible legal consequences when the zoo would press charges. The zoo is willing to let it end now as a tragic example but if the parents get money hungry that would all go away.

trickpony1

The parents probably don't know or care about that as they have already apparently shown their understanding of "actions have consequences".