Harambe-The silver back gorilla

Do you think OpNeeds is the Purple Princess?

• Total voters

rod

Retired 22 years
Anybody who has raised a kid knows that in the blink of an eye the little buggers can make a break for it. I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what went down but I do believe that there should have been NO WAY for anybody to get to that protective moat short of climbing a fence. The way I understand it was the kid went under the fence. Too late to arm-chair quarter back it now.

brett636

I say they post a sign that says any children that find their way into the gorilla pen become the property of the gorillas. If you don't want your child to be raised by gorillas then please keep them under control!

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1464751323.089911.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I say they post a sign that says any children that find their way into the gorilla pen become the property of the gorillas. If you don't want your child to be raised by gorillas then please keep them under control!

If it were my kid, I'd want them to shoot the gorilla. Even if it was trying to be protective, dragging a child around like a sack could do a lot of damage. Also, I'd go down there myself and try to draw him away. Better to have me be harmed than my child.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Jeff Corwin and Jack Hannah are experts who have studied wild animals and their behaviors all their lives. I'm not going to go against them. I do believe the Cincinnati Zoo should send the family a bill for a rare silverback gorilla.
They will need it for the obviously upcoming negligence lawsuit.
The Zoo is gonna pay for this big time.

BrownArmy

Harambe was acting like a male gorilla...odds are he wouldn't have hurt the kid, but looking at the vid, the kid is lucky he didn't get more hurt.

RIP Harambe.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Anybody who has raised a kid knows that in the blink of an eye the little buggers can make a break for it. I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what went down but I do believe that there should have been NO WAY for anybody to get to that protective moat short of climbing a fence. The way I understand it was the kid went under the fence. Too late to arm-chair quarter back it now.
I agree with you 100%.
After viewing the actual event and looking at the diagram of the zoo enclosure ... this is 100% negligence in the design of the gorilla exhibit.

PS - I am not comfortable agreeing with @rod on anything so that shows how sure I am of my analysis after investigation.