Harassing Management

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I actually like tattoos on men, and no I dont have any.
Now if you have the ones done on a night of too much imbibing in something, on the knuckles of your hand that look like a 1st grader carved your skin, you really need to see a dermatoligist about removal. My husband has many, and they are all attractive, but then he doesnt work at UPS. He has a spiderweb on his elbow, and it has a skeleton in the knuckle of his elbow with a skull head that sticks out its red tongue when he flexes. Kids love it. Mostly he has flames, but I think if you dont have them like on your NECK, forehead, or cheeks, and they are tasteful, what the big deal. I heard even the marines are cutting down on allowing them. How silly.
Whats is more manly than a marine with a tat? Pretty soon everything that could be just a wee bit risque will be against the law.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Absolutely nothing. As long as they don't take over your whole body.

I think tattoos say a lot about a person based on their choice of tatoos.

At the bike rally at Stugis, SD I've seen UPS employees get the "old" logo tatoos. Not sure how they feel about the "new" logo, though.

Do you have one of those??

I remeber one founders day quite a few years ago some fake press on tattoos of the old ups logo were passed out to employees and a couple of guys got their tattooists to trace over them putting them on permanantly . I like my job but I dont think I would tattoo it on my body and it wouldnt really go with the theme that I have. I agree with you , a persons choice of tattoos does say something about their character and I often wonder what the hell some people were thinking when I look at there ink .
I preloaded for 9 years ( thats the wait time to go driveing out of cerritos hub) so I had a second Job at a club in Hollywood to suppliment my income and it happened to be right next door to a tattoo parlour , I would let the guys in to see shows whenever they wanted and they gave me free tats. Quality Tats from a couple of the best artists around. I never got a picture from off the wall or any flash art they are all unique , like me. I quit the club after I went driving and I just never seem to find the time or energy to go back to get any more . I think the last one I got was 6 years ago it was almost like an addiction at the time, I couldnt stop but I guess out of sight out of mind . ooohh just talking about it makes me want to go get drilled on , I wonder who`s working tonight ?

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I'm with Channahon on this one, UK. I can't abide tattoos. I can tolerate 'em when they're small in size and few in number but not numeous tattoos or large sized. It makes ya seem like a punk and in many parts of Denver, the only people that have a lot of 'em are of the undesirable element. Some chick's may dig 'em but not my kinda chick! -Rocky

To each his own Rocky, I`m not familiar with denver but I understand where your coming from , there`s a lot of punks that get them so they can look Hard or intimidating or try to at least , a lot of people get them because of low self esteem or self respect , but do they really bug you that much , I just dont understand why.
you have to look past the masks that people wear dude and for the most part people are ok .
OOps I`m starting to lecture , sorry dude .

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
but do they really bug you that much , I just dont understand why.
you have to look past the masks that people wear dude and for the most part people are ok .
OOps I`m starting to lecture , sorry dude .

They bug me enough that I don't have one, put it that way. I was a grocery store cashier in my teens and this sweet little old lady told me, "You don't have any of these ugly tattoos or piercings. I prefer your service for other reasons too, but its a big reason I choose your line."

As I stated, I don't have a problem with the ankle or upper-arm tattoos I see all over the place. Its the people with the full-body tattoos I don't like very much. Not saying tattoos are universally bad, just I don't like them. My Denver-area counterparts know the parts of town I'm talking about where you'd see tattooing and the undesireable element. I'm never on that side of town but I know its there, largely because I wandered into it once by accident--in daylight!

Apparently, I need lectures every now and then. As long as they aren't condescending or threatening, I have no problem with them. If you're justified to confront me on a given topic and you'll defend it, I won't have a problem with that either, UK. -Rocky

area43

A tattoo is like a bumper sticker on a brand new car, or graffitti on a new brick wall or building, For me its kind of like vandalism of a beautiful body God has given us. Yes your tattoo might have meaning, but is that the point.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
A tattoo is like a bumper sticker on a brand new car, or graffitti on a new brick wall or building, For me its kind of like vandalism of a beautiful body God has given us. Yes your tattoo might have meaning, but is that the point.

I think of it as more like a fresh coat of paint on a worn out wall or a good looking bumper sticker that hides a nasty scratch on a new car. and I feel that god gifted these people with there artwork so they could upgrade my not so beautiful body tattoos are a part of many religions. I respect your opinion but I think think the word Vandalism is very condencending of you
Vandalism ; the conspicuous defacement or destruction of a structure, a symbol or anything else that goes against the will of the owner/governing body, and usually constitutes a crime. my vessel may be tagged a little , but my soul is`nt .

check out the avitar.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?

I retract my last statement about respecting your opinion.
How can I respect the opinion of someone who compares tattoos to hanus crimes done dis respectfully to other persons properties or belongings .
you are an idiot and should try to think more before you hang yourself with ignorent comments .

Last edited:

area43

I retract my last statement about respecting your opinion.
How can I respect a person who makes such Derogatory statements about something that is very much a part of me .
Why dont you go put a hocky puck in your mouth to stop your ignorent statements escaping and Stay over there in Canada. 1 more thing , the rocky and bullwinkle show suck.
I believe the state of Virgina is in the US.

Cole

Wow UK, Lay off Rocky and Bullwinkle:lol: , Under Dog was that show! :thumbup1:

I don't have tatoos, but I think it's a personal choice, and I have alot of friends with them, so it's no biggie to me,

As far as yelling at management, I don't know the facts but article 37 says we are to treat each other with mutual dignity and respect, so be careful, if it gets heated step away, and there is what is known as a cooling off period (impasse) but if they instruct you to leave do it, and if it's a problem, do as instructed, then file a grievance later, unless it is something that puts you in immenent danger.

UPS Lifer

I was recently accused of yelling at ctr mgr a clear out right lie and for refusing to leave company property after off clock another outright lie, and had my job threatened w insubordination.we are clearly not in the armed forces all within a span of 3 days I'm clearly a target on top of that ctr manager claimed i was harassing him since when do employees hurt managements feelings.:confused:1:confused:1:confused:1

Do you know what a loose cannon is? Go look in a mirror. Every post that I have read of yours has a negative tone and mostly against mgmt. Reach deep down and think...then post something good about one mgmt person that had a positive impact on your life and post one thing that you did that had a positive impact on a mgmt person. Oh!!! I don't want to hear about the person that hired you. I know there is something you can tell me that has substance.

95% of the UPSers out there are remarkable people that make a difference. I think you may be one of them. Am I wrong? Now is your chance!:thumbup1:

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Do you know what a loose cannon is? Go look in a mirror. Every post that I have read of yours has a negative tone and mostly against mgmt. Reach deep down and think...then post something good about one mgmt person that had a positive impact on your life and post one thing that you did that had a positive impact on a mgmt person. Oh!!! I don't want to hear about the person that hired you. I know there is something you can tell me that has substance.

95% of the UPSers out there are remarkable people that make a difference. I think you may be one of them. Am I wrong? Now is your chance!:thumbup1:

Dawg, I have to agree here man you come off like you think your SH#t dont stink dude

BROWNDAWG

I HAVE 13 YRS WITH THE COMPANY AND ALL I GOT WAS A LOUSY 13 LAYERS OF 1,000 PERCENT U.S. GRADE BROWN ATTITUDE THANKS TO UPS. THERE WAS A MANAGER I ADMIRED WHO HAS SINCE RETIRED THAT ONCE TOLD ME DONT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU INSTEAD BITE IT IN THE A##!!!

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I must say though man , that picture of you holding the package with a big smile from ear to ear puts a grin on my face even if I dont agree with some of the stuff you write. I think if I was a customer seeing that smile would brighten up my day .

BROWNDAWG

I must say though man , that picture of you holding the package with a big smile from ear to ear puts a grin on my face even if I dont agree with some of the stuff you write. I think if I was a customer seeing that smile would brighten up my day .
ITS NOT ME DUDE, ITS THE BUTCHER OF BAGHDAD

Cole

LOL Dawg! When someone said you looked like Borat, I was going to post that you looked more like Hussein! ;D