Harassment, Intimidation, and Retaliation at UPS; Share your stories here.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So many UPS employees management and hourly never have and never will participate in this while employed for UPS. That is truly great to know.

I wish this topic never had to be discussed.

What is the culture like in your area?
I

The purpose of this thread is to allow individuals to share their stories.

Please don't harrass the posters !:happy2:

diesel96

Been in Feeders since 05', not one ounce of harrassment except covering up my tattoo's....However, From 86' to 06', as a Package car driver, I have been relentlessly subjected to constant performance related harassment by multiple Center mgr's and On Roads. First few years, you could sense from me and many other rookies "working scared" and cutting corners just to satisfy the holier than thou "Operation Report". After going above and beyond the call of duty for our customers and managers, it usaully hits you like an NFL linebacker, ( after a few petty discinplary actions ) to finally put your foot down and say ,"wait a minute, why am I killing myself, taking chances and working unsafe so I can impress my boss's posture with his superiors". I was ignoring my own perservation, safety, and longevity odds with the company.....So, thru the years, work became a game of attrition and a consistant level of a fair days work for a fair days pay with or without an "On-Road" following you step for step....I've learned to not cave into managements unattainable expectations but "yes Boss" them to death, and "I'll try harder" routine. However, implement their safety practices like hand-rails and lift with your legs, and use proper 340' delivery methods (cause it really works) and just maintain a consistent work pace as if your always being watched or filmed...If you don't dot your I's and cross your T's because your stressed out over performance issues, you allow yourself to be susceptible for disciplinary action and therefore probably deserve the harassment. So CYA, work steady and safe, and you can give Management :tt2::tt2::tt2: raspberries all day long....

whiskey

So many UPS employees management and hourly never have and never will participate in this while employed for UPS. That is truly great to know.

I wish this topic never had to be discussed.

What is the culture like in your area?
I

The purpose of this thread is to allow individuals to share their stories.
The culture in my area is dog eat dog.
Please don't harrass the posters !:happy2:

upsgrunt

I've called in exactly twice in 24 years. The second time I was not ill, but my wife and 3 kids all were so I needed to stay home to take care of them, and I explained all that in the phone call. Of course I got the "don't you have anyone else that can stay with them?" and the other guilt trips. I didn't have to work, but when I went in the next day, all of a sudden my route had become a training route and I was pulled off it for 30 working days. I confronted the center manager about it and, of course, he denied it, but later it was told to me by a part time sup that was in the office after my phone call that the center manager basically said "We'll show him for calling in". I never did take it any farther as the part time sup was somewhat of a friend and it would have been easy to trace the leaked info back to him.
I was never so glad to see that center manager go. He would lie to his own mother. In another example one day out of 40 drivers there was 22 1/2 hours over 9.5 split among us. We pleaded with that same center manager to please add some routes. He told us that his boss wouldn't let him. We found out after he was gone that he was actually told to add routes, but didn't- I guess to make himself look good.
That guy was the "lying king" for sure.

Have only been harrassed by teamsters:

In 92 by a driver who wouldn't stay out of his car before his start time. A lot of yelling and physical threats, the usual childish teamster tactics. That lasted for about 3 years.

Another OCD driver didn't like that his loader always put the Disney Store on the wrong shelf, after a couple weeks of trying to correct it. I made it a bulk stop. Like many drivers he just needed something to bitch about to hide his own inadequacies.

In 94 during the one day "strike" about over 70's (Maybe more joking around, but a lot of fingers telling me I was number one)

In 97 after doing my 4 hour picket shift a certain individual didn't like the fact that I went to work at Airborne for 2 days.

Have about a half dozen more. This is why I think teamsters = Victims with no solutions.

Missouri District Got GREAT NEWS THIS WEEK! *** IS LEAVING!!! HOORAY!!! MAYBE THE HARRASSMENT WE'VE ENDURED OVER THE PAST YEAR WILL EASE UP A LITTLE....WE HAVE ONE MORE UNDER HIM TO GO BY BY AND WE CAN SPELL RELIEF...********** IS GONE! ONE WAY TO LOOK AT IT. EVERY DAY THAT GOES BY IS A DAY CLOSER TO HIM EXITING TOO! THAT MAN IS EVIL AND RUTHLESS! I THINK HE WOULD CUSS HIS OWN MOTHER OUT LIKE HE DOES HIS CENTER MANAGERS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dustyroads

Missouri District Got GREAT NEWS THIS WEEK! *** IS LEAVING!!! HOORAY!!! MAYBE THE HARRASSMENT WE'VE ENDURED OVER THE PAST YEAR WILL EASE UP A LITTLE....WE HAVE ONE MORE UNDER HIM TO GO BY BY AND WE CAN SPELL RELIEF...********** IS GONE! ONE WAY TO LOOK AT IT. EVERY DAY THAT GOES BY IS A DAY CLOSER TO HIM EXITING TOO! THAT MAN IS EVIL AND RUTHLESS! I THINK HE WOULD CUSS HIS OWN MOTHER OUT LIKE HE DOES HIS CENTER MANAGERS.
I had wondered where he had ended up. Sorry for you guys.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
On several occasions as a rookie driver, I went out to my truck and my on-car was standing there holding a "termination letter" in his hand. I was told that if I failed to run "scratch or better", I would lose my job.

That was over 20 yrs ago. I didnt run "scratch or better"....but I am still here.

The supervisor who threatened me with termination isnt still here. He was fired a few years ago.

Karma is such a bitch.

He hasn't left yet, I think he is out of here in April. We are supposed to get a lady from ky. Anyone know if she is a Teamster hater as ***? He considers Teamsters as thieves. Yes we are nothing but thieves!

tieguy

Banned
We have a manager friend who was fighting cancer at one point. He would undergo chemo and miss a lot of days. being the committed upser he is he would still try to come in and work one or two days a week. We typed up a warning letter for him for attendance. He loved it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I was informed by my center manager the other day that I will be receiving a warning letter.

She did an on-area observation of me the other day. Apparently, she saw me pulling out of the Taco Bell parking lot.... and my hands were not at 10 and 2 o'clock on the wheel.

I am not making this up.

TheDick

I was informed by my center manager the other day that I will be receiving a warning letter.

She did an on-area observation of me the other day. Apparently, she saw me pulling out of the Taco Bell parking lot.... and my hands were not at 10 and 2 o'clock on the wheel.

I am not making this up.

On area sup saw my brother pulling his hand-cart(one handed), and pushing it with one hand on it checking his diad. No warning letter, but i imagine the follow-up ride wil-be letter or termination. Ur lucky.:wornout:

Integrity

Binge Poster

I am not making this up.

soberups,
I do not know the complete circumstances however, based upon this post I am very concerned about this center manager. The UPS Wellness and Safety First-Expectaion Zero Declaration of Management Committment does require all management to put their signature to this commitment annually.

It is true that the 4th element of the commitment is to regularly observe their operations, but the purpose is to provide immediate constructive feedback and coaching when employees are observed using at-risk behaviors.

Did this center manager fulfill her commitment to UPS by providing you immediate constructive feedback and coaching when she allegedly observed you using this at-risk behavior?

Also, no where in this commitment declaration is it even implied that punitive discipline such as a warning letter is an acceptable means of making safety a personal value. The declaration stresses teaching, leading, coaching, and collaborating.

Punitive discipline for at-risk behaviors when used to try to harass people does nothing for UPS but erode the trust in the CHSP Process. Punitive discipline should only be used to correct at-risk behaviors as a last resort, after all reasonable encouraging, coaching and retraining has been done to help the individual employees who may be struggling in this area.

Sincerely,
I

Den

Threats and intimidation is common with UPS. When this post was first written UPS had a great reputation

Things have changed. In the past few years Ups has come under criminal investigation. The have lied to government officials; they have falsified official records: they have endangered the public and violated anti terrorism laws; UPS has defrauded both the private sector and the government.

UPS has paid more than $200 million dollars for their skullduggery and recently criminally investigated and fined 40 million dollars for illegally distributing illegal drugs for drug dealers.

Drivers that have come forward have been beaten and harassed

Den

Threats and intimidation is common with UPS. When this post was first written UPS had a great reputation

Things have changed. In the past few years Ups has come under criminal investigation. The have lied to government officials; they have falsified official records: they have endangered the public and violated anti terrorism laws; UPS has defrauded both the private sector and the government.

UPS has paid more than $200 million dollars for their skullduggery and recently criminally investigated and fined 40 million dollars for illegally distributing illegal drugs for drug dealers.

Drivers that have come forward have been beaten and harassed

T

Turdferguson

Beaten?
Are you saying that UPS has had employees literally beaten, or are you talking figuratively?

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)

CHNwBrL.jpg