Harassment

UPSjacks84

So we have this new hire on my belt that I've got to talk to over the last couple of days and he's a really good guy and he expressed some concerns to me and I didn't know what to tell him so I figured I'd post here and see if you guys have a good answer. Anyways, he is being trained by a sup who just became a sup around a month ago and the kid is new so his walls aren't all that pretty and he is putting up like 180 PPH's, It was only his second day today. The SUP keeps calling him a :censored2:bag to his face and tells him if he doesn't speed the friend up he can go work at mcdonalds. Just dumb stuff like that and since he isn't in the union yet is their anything this kid can do? Those are just a couple examples it's all day with the rude comments.

T

Turdferguson

His best bet is to suck it up until he gets his thirty days in keep a writen record of what is going on and when he gets senority file on the sup for harassment they have to speak to us with respect just like we do them.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
So we have this new hire on my belt that I've got to talk to over the last couple of days and he's a really good guy and he expressed some concerns to me and I didn't know what to tell him so I figured I'd post here and see if you guys have a good answer. Anyways, he is being trained by a sup who just became a sup around a month ago and the kid is new so his walls aren't all that pretty and he is putting up like 180 PPH's, It was only his second day today. The SUP keeps calling him a :censored2:bag to his face and tells him if he doesn't speed the friend up he can go work at mcdonalds. Just dumb stuff like that and since he isn't in the union yet is their anything this kid can do? Those are just a couple examples it's all day with the rude comments.
His concern to you was probably, im going to break this jerknutt supes jaw if he don't get out of his face lol. Just tell him to go about it the right way before he puts the fear of god into the supervisor. And yes he will know when that supe gets that fear of god into him with this dude eventually. Trust me the supes know the ones they need to be scared to death of. All the centers have guys like that, we know if they go ballistic it aint going to be good lmfao.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
An audio recorder in one's pocket sure could make a sup go looking for a new job. Pretty sure upper management wouldn't approve of that type of trash talk to an employee.

710 steward

An audio recorder in one's pocket sure could make a sup go looking for a new job. Pretty sure upper management wouldn't approve of that type of trash talk to an employee.

Bad idea. Recording someone without permission is illegal in some states. Get a witness and then lower the boom by calling HR. Tell them you feel intimidated and humiliated by this sups verbal abuse.

Call the 1-800 number on the pt sup and say you witnessed it.

The minute you record anyone at ups and you tell them about it will be your last day. You will lose your job on the spot and never work another minute with the company.

HubBub

Spread the word to senior employees about this sup. Once he is given some real responsibility see how his attitude goes over with people who have been around and know how to use the contract in their favor. Where I am, tough guy pt sups don't last. Either they adjust their attitude or their work area goes down in flames.

oldngray

nowhere special
The minute you record anyone at ups and you tell them about it will be your last day. You will lose your job on the spot and never work another minute with the company.

Only management is allowed to spy on people. Hourly employees need to get witnesses to anything (organic recorders).

JM_UPS2005

Seriously though, if he can only load 180 an hour he doesn't need to work here. I pickoff at the Mesquite TX hub and we get peak volume all year. It makes me and my weak side work 10x harder.

Sent using BrownCafe App

rod

Retired 22 years
Grow a pair--------the world is a cruel place. Being a "sensitive" person and working at the Brown Meat Grinder don't mix.

upschuck

Seriously though, if he can only load 180 an hour he doesn't need to work here. I pickoff at the Mesquite TX hub and we get peak volume all year. It makes me and my weak side work 10x harder.
Did you see it was only his 2nd day? Give the kid some time.

steward71

Tell him to get his time in before he says a word. Then nail his little A** to the wall with paper work and phone calls to HR and to help line. Yes you need a pair to work at UPS and should not be sensitive to what a is said most of the time. Is it right to be called this everyday and everytime you have the little Super Sup come into your truck. No you should not have this happen. One big reason why UPS can not find and keep good workers. As to how many he is loading does not matter after he gets his time in. As long as he is getting the job done. I don't work production, but I keep my area clean, safe and work at a level I'm confrontable at and reasonable for everyone who is working around me.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Absolutely not. Upper management might not approve of it, but they'll sure as hell fire you on the spot for recording.

steward71

Sent using BrownCafe App
What, so you a big cookie for doing pick off. Your not the only one who gets his or her A** handed to them everyday at UPS.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Sent using BrownCafe App

If the load gets backed out and you have nowhere to stack, cut the belt. What's wrong? Are you afraid some chump supervisor is going to hurt your feelings over belt stops?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

There's not much he can do as he isn't a seniority employee yet. He can literally be dismissed for almost any reason. However, you and the guys/ladies you work with can do something. I would absolutely berate that supervisor and call him out for being a lowlife dirt bag. Be creative.