Harassment?

dc1988

I've been at ups for 9 months. I recently got hurt a 96 lb box fell from about 10 feet High hit my neck causing a labriel tear in my neck and I'm thinking nerve damage my sups told me when it first happened I was okay so I tried to work through it for 1 month I finally went to the doctor. After that I was on light duty for 53 days they still had me doing regular work I finally said no more I'm hurting and the places me on workers comp I've been in it for 4 days now. So here is the scoop there are two employees that dislike me but these two memo liters are not liked at work at all well they both are buddy buddy with the main sup. both if them have been in my town 10 mins from where they live and they have been looking to take pictures of me to show the sup. which I know also has something to do about it because I've seen him also parked in front if my house. I'm lost and don't know what can I do or this is legal.

Travwise

It's never amazes me how sneaky and underhanded this company can be. That being said, if you are really hurt and not faking the injury who cares? Let them follow you around waste their time.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've been at ups for 9 months. I recently got hurt a 96 lb box fell from about 10 feet High hit my neck causing a labriel tear in my neck and I'm thinking nerve damage my sups told me when it first happened I was okay so I tried to work through it for 1 month I finally went to the doctor. After that I was on light duty for 53 days they still had me doing regular work I finally said no more I'm hurting and the places me on workers comp I've been in it for 4 days now. So here is the scoop there are two employees that dislike me but these two memo liters are not liked at work at all well they both are buddy buddy with the main sup. both if them have been in my town 10 mins from where they live and they have been looking to take pictures of me to show the sup. which I know also has something to do about it because I've seen him also parked in front if my house. I'm lost and don't know what can I do or this is legal.
The last time I got hurt and filed an accident report....someone fron ups called and showed up at my second job...to see if I was there working while on weight restricted TAW.

First question, if you're hurt then why of all people would you listen to a sup to tell you the level of injury? You should have gone to the ER immediately.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
First question, if you're hurt then why of all people would you listen to a sup to tell you the level of injury? You should have gone to the ER immediately.

Yup. In my 34+ years I only knew of one supe with any sort of medical training. He was an EMT with a volunteer fire company, and later quit, went back to school and became a paid EMT for a large regional hospital.

If you get hurt on the job, demand to see the doctor now! Then, get a second opinion from your doctor.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Call the cops and say you think two men are taking pictures of each other as they perform oral sex in front of your house. Afterall, what else do you have to do while you get paid to heal.

Returntosender

Yup. In my 34+ years I only knew of one supe with any sort of medical training. He was an EMT with a volunteer fire company, and later quit, went back to school and became a paid EMT for a large regional hospital.

If you get hurt on the job, demand to see the doctor now! Then, get a second opinion from your doctor.
They hate when EMTS come on property to get the employee to the hospital. Supervisor has to do 8 hours worth of paper work, then conference call with region HR/Safety manger in the following days. Supervisors turn into snake oil sales men when employee gets hurt. EMTS on property supervisor can't tell employee to make claim same day as injury.

Returntosender

Call the cops and say you think two men are taking pictures of each other as they perform oral sex on each in front of your house. Afterall, what else do you have to do while you get paid to heal.
Or call the cops and say they're is a guy outside my home with what looks like a gun pointing it a my house. Cops will show up guns blazing. That employee taking pictures will turn sing like a canary. If he survives the trigger happy cop.

Pooter

2 memo liters against you!? You're screwed OP.

Then again, if you really are hurt then no worries. Sup will get over it. Take it slow and rest. You only have 1 body so take care of it.

browntroll

if you are really hurt then who cares? i heard one guy that gets injured every year(injury prone?) had management and loss prevention
watching him, same guy that had a shop steward not even wanting to back him up because he seemed to be lying about his last injury.
just as long as you are not the guy that goes on disability and post gym pics on your instagram/facebook you should be fine. never heard of pter trying
to catch someone lying about an injury.

Pay one of the neighbor hood kids to throw some nails under the tires or put a banana in the tail pipe.

I remember when a certain sup used to like to watch me and another co worker when I was a part timer. We got kind of sick of it so I proposed to my buddy that we should start scratching our balls and ass and maybe act like we were smelling our hands after. We did it and he came down and asked what was going on. We said nothing why? He stopped watching.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If an over 70 truly fell from several feet above you and struck you in the neck and you let a tool in a purple shirt tell you that you weren't injured then you have bigger problems than your pain in the neck.

Sent using BrownCafe App