Harley Davidson deliveries...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Jerry Gallo, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Jerry Gallo

Jerry Gallo Guest

How many of you drop bulk at Harley Dealerships each day & how accommodating are they?
  2. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

The one in my area usually gets 30-75 pieces and usually helps us carry it all in. Sometimes two of them help. In that case we barely get out the truck.
  3. FilingBluesFL

FilingBluesFL Well-Known Member

Local HD dealership is run by pricks.

First time I went there, they refused to even show me where the stuff goes, I asked for help, got a finger in a general direction, I said "Hey, can't you help me out better than that?"

Dude refused the whole shipment, took it all back. They BEGGED for it back.

Redelivered at 4:55pm.
  4. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

If they don't say where it goes, it goes where I want to put it, generally just inside the front door. They want to be that way, fine with me.
  5. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

The one in our area has a regular door and pretty much everyone there knows where it is. They have been through an ownership change and the door remained the same. I have delivered there twice and both times, the told me the door and all that.
  6. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

They were always nice to me. Lol.
  7. FilingBluesFL

The guy that was a douche to me is long gone.

Never had a problem since. I just asked him for some help on getting to where they needed to go, and he flipped out on me.

Ok, no problemo.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I delivered to one and the guys in the parts department were OK but the owner was a prick.
  9. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

The H D dealer in my town demands his stuff before NDA time. In the summer the stop will blow up and be put on a bulk truck to be delivered whenever. They have a nice dock but the receiver can be a real jerk when we come late. Amazing how a bunch of "Yes sir, no sir" can defuse the situation. Plus I am quite a bit older then the regular driver and can work the receiver under the table who is closer to my age.
  10. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

It's funny how customers act as if your feelings will be hurt if they refuse a shipment. Uh no, I'm getting paid by the hour regardless. Lol.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. FilingBluesFL

Didn't hurt me, but aside from parts, there were titles to bikes, I think maybe even an ADP. No sweat off my back. Made them beg for their stuff before I went back

BSWALKS Easily Amused

I deliver to 2 different HD dealers. Neither has a dock, but both always come out to help. Most times I am just scanning & they do the work.
    I also deliver to a couple large motorcycle dealers. One gives no help, the other is great just like the harley shops.
  13. asphaltcowboy

asphaltcowboy Active Member

It's a friggin obsticle course of bikes and tight doorways around my parts. Smallest load was about 25 but have had 80 and no one to help or even open the overhead door. They close it every trip in and out and I wait every time o well
  14. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Jerry Gallo is dead!

I'm Jerry CALLO. C-A-L-L-O
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. This is my experience to a T! I cart 'em in safe & steady not saying a word unless spoken to. Takes 10-25 mins. each time. So curious what the time study is for the stop. Each time I'm done, I usually just say, "Thanks." (sometimes I'll throw in the "Have a nice day.", & immediately after firing up the diesel & turning the corner, I loudly break into Denis Leary's "A--hole".
  16. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

A little flirting goes a long way.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. Overpaid Union Thug

And speaking of pricks and douchebags....gun stores would be a good thread. LOL! I love guns but I can't stand the gun store employees.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  18. FilingBluesFL

I'm somewhat of an enthusiast in this department, and run a local gun group on the facebook, so most are decent with me lol
  19. Overpaid Union Thug

Gun store employees are notorious for being pompous douchebags. I don't know what the deal is there.
  20. FilingBluesFL

My roommate is one of the people I used to deliver to... lol

He's working at a new shop now, and he said one of the dudes working there roid raged on him the other day

Yeah, some of the guys around here give me big attitudes. But there's some real good people that run a few of the shops around here. I go to dinner with one here and there, and another one invited me to their wedding.

Hell, I won a gun from one of the shops lol

Attached Files: