Harrassment/bullying at UPS

ColdPenguin

I have some issues in life. i have mental illnesses including paranoia anxiety and depression. i've worked at UPS for almost 2 years now. i haven't had much trouble in that time. but there's a new batch of noob loaders in the hub, and i have to work with them. they're terrible at their job, but the pt supervisor is letting them have my truck because she wants them to get faster....so I'm stuck in the noob trailer while the noobs do a terrible job in mine. that by itself i can handle. but now they're talking :censored2: to me. normally, i'd just beat the :censored2: out of them to teach them respect and that would be that. but i need this job, so i can't do that. i'm so angry because i've been nothing but nice to them. they keep pushing and pushing and pushing. even when i try to show kindness to them. remembering someones sweater in the truck and making sure to take it out for them before it gets loaded even after they're being so rude to me. i've been here 2 years. they've been here 2 months. they seem to think its the other way around. i try to just tell myself that they're just stupid. i work in a hub with a bunch of white guys but im black. i don't know. maybe i just look for people to be racist towards me because of that but really theres no reason they should be so rude to me. i've tried to help them with everything. teaching them how to load better or making a better wall. telling them things about the hub that they should know. and they just keep pushing. i've had no problems with any of the other white people there. just these new kids. one was in mma so i guess he has a power addiction over other people or something. and i think hes the one whos got even people who have been my friends up here to talk :censored2:. its really upsetting. i don't want to snitch on them and that wouldn't solve anything anyway. all i want is to go somewhere else and avoid them as much as possible before they piss me off too far and i hurt them very badly. i've never felt so angry in my life. i've never felt so close to wanting to kill someone. and i've never felt like i couldn't control myself. but somehow they do it to me. does anyone have any ideas on how i can get them to stop or how i can get the supervisors to move me somewhere else?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm trying to connect Harassment and bullying with what you posted.
But back to your question ... tell them you are crazy and you are having problems with the apparent lack of respect for you in regards to work assignment.
Don't say anything about guns!

T

Turdferguson

Violence will not solve your problem only make it worse. If you have these problems with these new guys you have two options . Ignore them ( which from from what you have posted does not seem to be working) , or go to H.R tell them your problems. That is one of the things they are there for. Conflict resolution, make them earn their pay ,and help you with the problem you are having .

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I have some issues in life. i have mental illnesses including paranoia anxiety and depression. i've worked at UPS for almost 2 years now. i haven't had much trouble in that time. but there's a new batch of noob loaders in the hub, and i have to work with them. they're terrible at their job, but the pt supervisor is letting them have my truck because she wants them to get faster....so I'm stuck in the noob trailer while the noobs do a terrible job in mine. that by itself i can handle. but now they're talking :censored2: to me. normally, i'd just beat the :censored2: out of them to teach them respect and that would be that. but i need this job, so i can't do that. i'm so angry because i've been nothing but nice to them. they keep pushing and pushing and pushing. even when i try to show kindness to them. remembering someones sweater in the truck and making sure to take it out for them before it gets loaded even after they're being so rude to me. i've been here 2 years. they've been here 2 months. they seem to think its the other way around. i try to just tell myself that they're just stupid. i work in a hub with a bunch of white guys but im black. i don't know. maybe i just look for people to be racist towards me because of that but really theres no reason they should be so rude to me. i've tried to help them with everything. teaching them how to load better or making a better wall. telling them things about the hub that they should know. and they just keep pushing. i've had no problems with any of the other white people there. just these new kids. one was in mma so i guess he has a power addiction over other people or something. and i think hes the one whos got even people who have been my friends up here to talk :censored2:. its really upsetting. i don't want to snitch on them and that wouldn't solve anything anyway. all i want is to go somewhere else and avoid them as much as possible before they piss me off too far and i hurt them very badly. i've never felt so angry in my life. i've never felt so close to wanting to kill someone. and i've never felt like i couldn't control myself. but somehow they do it to me. does anyone have any ideas on how i can get them to stop or how i can get the supervisors to move me somewhere else?
Get yourself together soldier. Your always going to have people scratch ya the wrong way but just be the bigger person with class and let it roll off ya head dude. I got a super bad extreme temper too but as ive gotten older, I just look at the bigger picture and think too myself not worth losing things in life such as family or freedom, job or whatever the case may be, feel me dude. Just train your brain to shut it down, the moment of anger or frustration come on ya mentally. Of course no 2 people are the same and we all have different weaknesses and or illnesses or mental make up. Just hang in dude, its going to be all good, just shut it down them thoughts and go to a happy place in your mind. Been there done that with the uncontrollable temper thing for sure. I look back now on how many times I kinda snapped and think to myself you idiot was it really worth it lol.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Your issues aren't with UPS, it's called life. I'd suggest seeking professional treatment as you could replace UPS with K-Mart and the results would be the same. You have issues with the way people act towards you, unfortunately in life you have to interact with different people, some good, some bad. With what you've described, I'd highly suggest you seek some therapy to change your thought process to one that is more suitable to help you deal with daily life at any job.

P

pickup

Are they seasonal hires?

That's the magic question, if they are , most of them will be gone come January. And the ones that come back, have to come back and make seniority, you can do a lot of little stuff (figure it out, two year vet) to make sure that they don't make seniority.

P

pickup

And I'll tell you something else, Original Poster, you've been at UPS for two years, you have proven mental toughness. These guys haven't proven anything yet. You are better and stronger than they are.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
First of all, they're called capital letters, and they belong at the beginning of any new sentence.

Second, why did you think it was at all relevant to mention that the new guys are white and you're black? That has nothing to do with it. Maybe yoh come off as weak so they pick on you. Tell them to kick rocks, and of not, then please, come back onto a forum and whine about how they make fun of you and you want to kill them.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I'd find some good weed. That will
help with your anxiety and paranoia
at least it works for me

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Tell management. I know that when we had some problems when I was working in the hub, they would separate people. Also, just ignore them. If anyone is rude to you, just cut them off. That is what I do, if someone gets out of line with me they are done. I went into feeders 6 months ago and I have never met more a holes in my life. If someone is a :censored2: to me then I just don't deal with them anymore. You are probably dealing with teenagers or young adults, that stuff will fade out the longer you have been there and the less you have to deal with new hires.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2014-11-25-10-31-46--19163137.jpeg
Calm the hell down...it's only words. Either say some back to them, or turn up your ipod and ignore them.

upschuck

Feel sorry for the MMA guy, for he is probably having roid rage, and inciting the rest. If you are being physically threatened, talk to HR, if not, just let it roll sympathetically of your back, since he is overcompensating for other inadequacies.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It's hard because if you go by "treat others as you would..", and the fact there are always different strokes for different folks at UPS, that can get one person walked out the door - then someone else, a pass.

Corrupt in a way, eh..:D

I say ignore it, stay busy and be nice to those that are nice to you.