Harrassment

AlwaysChafed

Are these grievances even worth writing?

I've got a supe after me and the mileage just keeps tacking on. Bullied out of a driver position to hire his buddy, called into drive while disqualified, written up for not bending at knees without a verbal warning (nobody does it), get random evalulations when I'm on the load, etc. It's constant. No clue what I did, but not everyone likes each other in life.

Future

Victory Ride
In general life is unfair. Harassment as you have described would be very hard to prove. Way to many rules they can getcha on. I would document incidents that you feel where unjust. I would try to follow the rules to the letter. HAve a talk w your steward explaining your concerns.

Faceplanted

Yes. If u end up fired which has happened to people who are targets, it's very important to be able to show a history of harassment via greviences. It will help you sooooooo much at a hearing, and if you are fired and don't get your job back an attorney will be more likely to help you out if they see a paper trail of harassment.

You will likely get harassed more after you file, be sure to file a grievance the second that happens and include the words retaliation in there and explain that you feel you are being retaliated on for filing grevience number xxxxxx.

Gamecock_Brown

It took you longer to write that post than it would have taken to write out the grievance. Do yourself a favor and go ahead and get 5-10 grievance forms. If anything comes up that you question, document it. If your local is anything like mine they will stay "we'll take care of it, no need to file." only to find out 2 weeks later nothing has happened. Always file. Inmediatley. Don't trust anyone that doesn't wear brown to work everyday.

Kounter Klockwize

That is a judgment call you have to make. I can tell you it is almost impossible for any UPS'R to get fired unless you violate the 3 cardinal sin's. I have a feeling I know whats going on but I will not say. Hang in there and keep a good attitude. It will get better. Don't be scared because Telematics is your best friend. That is only if you running a route. Not inside the hub work.

AlwaysChafed

That is a judgment call you have to make. I can tell you it is almost impossible for any UPS'R to get fired unless you violate the 3 cardinal sin's. I have a feeling I know whats going on but I will not say. Hang in there and keep a good attitude. It will get better. Don't be scared because Telematics is your best friend. That is only if you running a route. Not inside the hub work.

What are the three cardinal sins? Im guessing theft, dishonesty, and stealing company time...

What do you think is going on?

Kounter Klockwize

What are the three cardinal sins? Im guessing theft, dishonesty, and stealing company time...

What do you think is going on?
Yes the 3 cardinal sins Lying (dishonest) Cheating (padding your day) and stealing. Other than that you can not get fired. Unless you keep on making mistakes, then management has to take the proper steps. Warning letter 1 day suspension 3 day suspension 5 day suspension then termination and that is for the same mistake in a 9 month period. I won't speculate whats going on. If you make a different mistake, then the process will be completely separate.

I've got a supe after me and the mileage just keeps tacking on. Bullied out of a driver position to hire his buddy, called into drive while disqualified, written up for not bending at knees without a verbal warning (nobody does it), get random evalulations when I'm on the load, etc. It's constant. No clue what I did, but not everyone likes each other in life.
If you do the job right and wait until this prick leaves as your boss then you should get what you want. Management come and go. It sucks but in this company there's a time to roll with the punches or stand your ground. If it was me, I would roll with the punches! Good luck!

beavis

Yes the 3 cardinal sins Lying (dishonest) Cheating (padding your day) and stealing. Other than that you can not get fired. Unless you keep on making mistakes, then management has to take the proper steps. Warning letter 1 day suspension 3 day suspension 5 day suspension then termination and that is for the same mistake in a 9 month period. I won't speculate whats going on. If you make a different mistake, then the process will be completely separate.[/QUOTE

I've seen more people at my location fired for workplace violence and failed drug/alcohol tests than those 3 combined. So I wouldn't say that other than that you can not get fired.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Not necessarily in response to routine discipline, no matter how asinine it might appear as the grievance will appear frivolous.

If this is being coupled with violations of Article 37 (retaliation for filing grievances, verbal harassment/abuse, over supervision, etc.) then that's a slightly different story. Having multiple witnesses to back up your case will help immensely (get written statements with dates and specific examples).

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Yes the 3 cardinal sins Lying (dishonest) Cheating (padding your day) and stealing. Other than that you can not get fired. Unless you keep on making mistakes, then management has to take the proper steps. Warning letter 1 day suspension 3 day suspension 5 day suspension then termination and that is for the same mistake in a 9 month period. I won't speculate whats going on. If you make a different mistake, then the process will be completely separate.
What is padding your day?