Harrisburg Feeder

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by allentownups, Apr 22, 2009.

1. allentownups

allentownups New Member

Does anyone work in Harrisburg as a feeder driver? They have an ad looking for the seasonal feeder driver position. I was just curious if anyone get's hired and if so how long's the average time to get hired?

Another question I had was do the seasonal feeder drivers average 40 hrs and can you collect unemployment while being laid off? How long does the jobs last?

2. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Does Harrisburg have Feeder drivers bumped into Package?

It will be interesting to see if they get away with this if they do.

3. allentownups

allentownups New Member

The job is posted on ups.com. It's under package so I guess so. I was wondering about that job.

4. Feederdrivermack

Feederdrivermack New Member

I agree with over, will be intersting to find out.

5. allentownups

allentownups New Member

What are the normally in? Every job I've seen is always in the package division.

6. tieguy

tieguy Banned

probably not. Harrisburg has had a lot of big shippers move in to the harrisburg / chambersburg / lancaster areas. They have some of the biggest shippers we have with QVC and Amazon being two of them.

7. wannabeups

wannabeups Member

Amazing got drivers laid off (in hub) begging for work and they hire seasonals

8. sano

sano New Member

I think the Harrisburg/Lancaster area was hiring feeders off the street within the last year or so.

9. ram 2009

ram 2009 New Member

Probaly not. They leave jobs posted on the site well after peak, but trust me they will not off the street b-4 they bring in drivers from off the Q-list. Meaning package car drivers

10. allentownups

allentownups New Member

York hired 2 seasonal drivers after a few months working last year. I guess they just got lucky. I can't imagine why the Bethlehem, PA terminals never hires the seasonal feeder drivers.

11. ram 2009

ram 2009 New Member

12. allentownups

allentownups New Member