Harry Chapin

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by DS, Jul 22, 2010.

1. DS

DS Fenderbender

my favorite harry song

2. fxdwg

fxdwg Member

3. DS

DS Fenderbender

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

No question--Cats in the Cradle.

Reminds me of my childhood and not in a positive way.
  5. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

sounds :wink2:like a morning DJ at WOLD
  6. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Back in the Dark Ages when we had a 50 lb weight limit and a shipper could only send a total of 100 lbs to a consignee in one day, I was privileged to work with the greatest bunch of guys that you could ever meet. We were a tight group and always had the radio blaring over the intercom during our shift. Whenever this song reached a certain line, you could hear everybody at the top of their lungs yell it out. I was outside the building one night, all the doors were closed and I could distinctly hear from deep in the bowels of our center - "Harry, keep the change!" [video=youtube;0Z-6fAgxKRY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z-6fAgxKRY&feature=related[/video]
  7. fxdwg

fxdwg Member

Sorry..it was supposed to be a song by Mary Chapin Carpenter.......
  8. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

"Taxi" and "WOLD" are my favorite Chapin songs. He actually did a sequel to "Taxi", but I didn't think it was very good. Too bad he drove like a manic and died in a car wreck, he was a great story teller.
  9. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Taxi and its sequel are my favorite Harry songs, followed by Cats in the Cradle.
  10. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

"Sometimes I get this crazy dream to just drive off in my car.
    But you can travel on ten thousand miles, and still stay where you are".

Great songwriter, his lyrics were so brilliant. I remember most of his songs were played on a late night radio show that only played album rock, because they were too long to be played on regular radio.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  11. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Don Kirschner Rock Show.

12. DS

DS Fenderbender

This song is creepy,but it almost always makes me want to cry.It's long but worth the listen.

This is based on the clock tower shootings in Austin Texas.

13. fxdwg

fxdwg Member

Try again:: Mary is so Beuatiful!!!