Harry Reid

I think the republicans should just bow to zer0bama and his whinny babies, vote present on everything. Let them raise all the taxes they want and spend all they want. Then it will be clear how big of a disaster the democratic loon ideas are.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Experts: Obama-Backed Two-Month Payroll Tax Holiday Passed By Senate Can’t Be Implemented Properly…

D’oh!
(ABC News) — Officials from the policy-neutral National Payroll Reporting Consortium, Inc. have expressed concern to members of Congress that the two-month payroll tax holiday passed by the Senate and supported by President Obama cannot be implemented properly.

Pete Isberg, president of the NPRC today wrote to the key leaders of the relevant committees of the House and Senate, telling them that “insufficient lead time” to implement the complicated change mandated by the legislation means the two-month payroll tax holiday “could create substantial problems, confusion and costs affecting a significant percentage of U.S. employers and employees.”
ABC News obtained a copy of the letter, which can be read HERE. Isberg agreed that it would be fair to characterize his letter as saying that the two-month payroll tax holiday cannot be implemented properly.

The NPRC is a non-profit trade association that does not take positions on policy. The group represents organizations that provide payroll processing and services to more than 1.5 million employers, impacting one third of the private sector.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Harry Reid is a regular laugh-a-minute comedian. He's calling for the GOP to give up the Tea Party extremism. Extremism like wanting a balanced budget and extremism like the constitution ?

Even when the Dems had 3/3, they stalled. They have 2/3 now and are looking for excuses as to why they aren't doing their work...Blaming Tea Party influence gets the focus off Harry.....he thinks.

I've seen stories and heard comment on here that The Tea Party is dead in the water........then Harry is trying to revive it for his own blame purposes. When you actually do your job, there's no time to look around for scapegoats. How many days now without a budget? 1000 yet?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Harry Reid is a regular laugh-a-minute comedian. He's calling for the GOP to give up the Tea Party extremism. Extremism like wanting a balanced budget and extremism like the constitution ?

Even when the Dems had 3/3, they stalled. They have 2/3 now and are looking for excuses as to why they aren't doing their work...Blaming Tea Party influence gets the focus off Harry.....he thinks.

I've seen stories and heard comment on here that The Tea Party is dead in the water........then Harry is trying to revive it for his own blame purposes. When you actually do your job, there's no time to look around for scapegoats. How many days now without a budget? 1000 yet?

Well, REID doesnt have to wait very long because the TEA PARTY is dead with the nomination fo Mitt Romney. You all killed the movement yourselves. You had some momentum coming out of 2010 and pizzed that down the tubes in 2011 and 2012.

The Tea Party is now just a small group of kooks without the large crowds or tv time. Big deal, now they only appear on Hannity.

The TEA PARTY is no longer a viable movement.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tea party is an idea, not a group of anything or gathering or an organization. You can't dispel an idea, it lives in people.

You're thinking of OWS....now that's a group of kooks!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Tea party is an idea, not a group of anything or gathering or an organization. You can't dispel an idea, it lives in people.

You're thinking of OWS....now that's a group of kooks!!

You are absolutely clueless on the Tea Party. But, then arent all tea partiers clueless anyways??

You say the tea party is only an idea and not a group?? Lets see if youre right?

1) Tea Party Patriots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2) FreedomWorks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3) Americans for Prosperity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4) Tea Party Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think you better reconsider your thoughts about the tea party being an idea. They are money making machines pulling in millions of dollars from suckers all across this country. Hundreds of millions! From those hundreds of millions, these businesses take a good percentage on operating costs , like salaries!

But you think its just an idea?? Well, your the perfect personality for the tea party.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Wednesday, February 1, 2012 @ 9:47 am |Harry Reid Says Pork-Barrel Spending Makes Him “Happy”…

How else would he fund his beloved cowboy poetry?
(Politico) — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid gave a forceful defense of congressional earmarks on Tuesday, a sign that bipartisan legislation to permanently ban pork-barrel spending will have a tough road in the Senate.

“I’ve done earmarks all my career, and I’m happy I’ve done earmarks all my career. They’ve helped my state, and they’ve helped different projects around the country,” an unapologetic Reid told reporters after the Democrats’ weekly caucus lunch. He called senators’ right to direct spending to pet projects in their home states is a “constitutional duty.”

“And I repeat, I will not stand by and be driven down this path … that I think is taking away from what the Founding Fathers wanted, three separate but equal branches of government,” he added. “I don’t believe that the White House has the authority to tell me how I should spend money in Nevada.”

Sens. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) and Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) introduced the permanent earmark ban as an amendment to a popular insider trading bill, known as the STOCK Act, that’s now being debated on the Senate floor.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The headline is about Harry Reid, the picture is of Harry Reid and the article is about Harry Reid. Wow, it's amazing that I can even keep these things straight !! :youreright:

Harry Reid: No Budget Proposal From Democrats This Year…
Surprise!
(Daily Caller) — Senate Democratic leaders do not plan to propose a budget this year, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid told reporters Friday, saying that they had already done so with the debt-ceiling agreement.

“We do not need to bring a budget to the floor this year — it’s done, we don’t need to do it,” Reid said, according to The Hill.

Democrats have said that the agreement reached to raise the debt ceiling set spending for Fiscal Year 2012.

Senator Kent Conrad (D-ND), chairman of the Budget Committee, has said he will mark up a budget resolution this year, per an agreement he made with Budget Committee ranking member and Alabama Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions. [...]
“It’s been more than 1,000 days since Senate Democrats have
offered a budget plan to the American people. Now, once again, the Senate’s ineffectual Democrat majority balks at the task of leadership,” said Sessions in a statement.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Dingy Reid Says Poll Showing 80% of Americans Say They Were Better Off Before Obama Is “Meaningless,” Doesn’t “Believe” It…

texan

When we go with TOS mandate that Right Wing Hate Speech needs to eliminated, we will not have to worry about it.
The polls will go also, other than MSNBC's poll. So Mr. Reid will not have to argue or comment with 80 per cent of Americans that
respond to polls.

No problem.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
IRS Travel Ban: Revoking Citizenship By Stealth Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Monday, April 16, 2012
Efforts to pass a bill that would allow the IRS to deny travel rights to U.S. citizens who the feds merely claim owe $50,000 or more in delinquent taxes represents a de facto move to revoke the citizenship of Americans without due process and in complete violation of the Constitution.
Thanks to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a recently passed Senate bill, the suitably Orwellian entitled ‘Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act’, includes a provision that allows the federal government to revoke passports of Americans accused of owing back taxes.​
The legislation now moves to the Congress where, despite a Republican majority, the IRS provision is expected to be retained in the final version of the bill because it will raise an estimated $750 million dollars over ten years.​
“There is no requirement that the tax payer be guilty of or even charged with tax evasion, fraud, or any criminal offense — only that the citizen is alleged to owe the IRS back taxes of $50,000 or more,” reports the Daily Economist.
Empowering the IRS to deny fundamental rights on a whim is completely illegal and unconstitutional.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This guy needs to be turned out to pasture. I am a senior and I hate junk mail, so he doesn't speak for me!

Dingy is losing it.
(The Hill) — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) cited seniors’ love of junk mail in urging passage of a United States Postal Service reform bill.
In his opening speech on Wednesday, Reid called on the Senate to quickly move forward on the passage of S. 1789, the 21st Century Postal Service Act, which restructures pension plans for Postal Service employees as well as allows the USPS to access overpayments in the Federal Employee Retirement System.

“Madam President,” Reid said to Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), the presiding officer of the Senate, “I’ll come home tonight here to my home in Washington and there’ll be some mail there. A lot of it is what some people refer to as junk mail, but for the people who are sending that mail, it’s very important.

“And when talking about seniors, seniors love getting junk mail. It’s sometimes their only way of communicating or feeling like they’re part of the real world,” Reid continued. “Elderly Americans, more than anyone in America, rely on the United States Postal Service, but unless we act quickly, thousands of post offices … will close. I’ve said this earlier today; I repeat it.”