Has any FedEx Express driver gotten a Red Light Camera Infraction

Bingo

Just received one in my FedEx Truck for not making a FULL stop before making a legal right turn- Wondering how your station handled it. My station wants to handle it as a moving violation in a FedEx vehicle. However the DMV puts it in the category of a parking ticket not a moving violation. Plan on fighting my station on this

Purplepackage

Just received one in my FedEx Truck for not making a FULL stop before making a legal right turn- Wondering how your station handled it. My station wants to handle it as a moving violation in a FedEx vehicle. However the DMV puts it in the category of a parking ticket not a moving violation. Plan on fighting my station on this

Just stop at the red light next time

Express Courier

A couple guys at my station got one but it wasn't the right-turn type. They just paid the ticket and dealt with it.

Side note in case anyone didn't know, as long as the front part of your vehicle has crossed the first line before the intersection, before the light turns red it's no ticket. You really have to be a brave individual to run a red light imo.

whenIgetthere

We have a city in our service area where they have dozens of red light cameras. One swing will not learn those routes because he thinks he'll get a ticket. We tell him, stop when the light turns yellow, not that difficult.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Just received one in my FedEx Truck for not making a FULL stop before making a legal right turn-
A FULL stop is the only kind of stop there is - otherwise it's not a stop, it's running a red light which renders the right turn illegal.

I always have to smile whenever I hear the term "rolling stop" - it's kinda like "jumbo shrimp" and "fair management".

dex 84

A FULL stop is the only kind of stop there is - otherwise it's not a stop, it's running a red light which renders the right turn illegal.

I always have to smile whenever I hear the term "rolling stop" - it's kinda like "jumbo shrimp" and "fair management".

As long as nobody is coming all of my stops are rolling...

Oldfart

Safety violation and warning letter. Does not count as points on driving record. You must report one even if you get one in your personal car.

rod

Retired 22 years
Red light cameras were ruled unconstitutional by the state Supreme Court in Minnesota and they were all taken out of service. Rolling right turn stops for everybody!!!

Oldfart

Here they don't go on your license and are billed to whoever owns the car, regardless of who is driving.
That's true. When FDX Gets the ticket and checks time cards versus photo and tag number, guess who gets charged with a safety violation. It has happened at our station several times.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
As long as nobody is coming all of my stops are rolling...
yeah, I used to do it all the time as well, til the time I didn't see that cop sitting there in the dark :bored:

...but the whole "rolling stop" thing kinda reminds me of that old George Carlin bit about the news reporting airliners having a near miss. "Hell, that was no near miss - that was damn near a :censored2:ing hit!"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah I meant more for suggesting you report red light camera tickets while in your personal car

We have to fill out a form each year listing any traffic convictions from the previous years. The company will then pull abstracts randomly and compare those to the submitted forms for accuracy. Any false or intentionally missing information could be grounds for termination.

Oldfart

We have to fill out a form each year listing any traffic convictions from the previous years. The company will then pull abstracts randomly and compare those to the submitted forms for accuracy. Any false or intentionally missing information could be grounds for termination.
We do the same thing. I have never heard of anyone getting in trouble over that so I guess everyone has been honest. The company will find out so there really isn't a reason to falsify.