Has anyone been let go at UPS for fighting or verbal fighting?

just1please

If so did you get your job back and how long did it take. Justed wanted to know we have some that have lost jobs in the past few months and weeks over these issues.

ibleedbrown

it all depends, i know a few people that were involved in fights at work and got their jobs back. they got the union involved and eventually got their jobs back.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Working same day pick-up , I have had a few incidents where customers have become physical , it really tough to stay calm when some jerk ( both sexes ) have actually attacked me , & honestly many times I blew up at them.
& security had to call for back up , all over some Amazon book.

just_a_number

Yup i have a few times took about a month and back to work i go...after anger management classes...mostly flipping out on managements incompetence...

S

splozi

A couple of weeks ago there was some sort of altercation on one of the belts that resulted in those people being moved to other belts. I don't know what happened but nobody lost their job over it. Whatever it was, it seems like they should have been fired.

Last year I also witnessed a ... verbal confrontation between an irreg driver and a package car loader. A full time sup stepped in and nothing came of it.

It seems like they really don't want to lose seasoned employees here. Reliable workers are hard to come by.

There are some people here though that have serious issues. I wish the worst for them in life. aka, I hope they die in a fire.

over9five

Staff member
I was there when a center manager got so mad at a shop steward, he went after him. The DM had to grab his belt from behind and hold him back. Funniest thing I ever saw.
I asked my shop steward afterward why he didn't press for the CMs firing. It was plainly workplace violence in front of witnesses.
"We'll just put that in the bank", he said. Cool as a cucumber, this guy is. He was thinking ahead to when he might have to call that in to save one of our jobs.

cornfed

Theoretically, someone in our center has just been terminated for "sexual harassment or unprofessional behavior" under article 17 for making a lude suggestive derogatory comment to another employee after being provoked by him with his own insults which led to him striking the now terminated guy in the chest multiple times with his fingers. The second guy, not terminated at the moment, is on vacation this week during the investigation, which UPS says is still going. Will the terminated party get his job back? Can UPS interview the employee on vacation yet?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Hello!!!! It's friggen cardboard,,, why would we get in a fight and loose a good paying job over CARDBOARD !!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
A couple of weeks ago there was some sort of altercation on one of the belts that resulted in those people being moved to other belts. I don't know what happened but nobody lost their job over it. Whatever it was, it seems like they should have been fired.

Last year I also witnessed a ... verbal confrontation between an irreg driver and a package car loader. A full time sup stepped in and nothing came of it.

It seems like they really don't want to lose seasoned employees here. Reliable workers are hard to come by.

There are some people here though that have serious issues. I wish the worst for them in life. aka, I hope they die in a fire.
' DIE IN A FIRE' Are you for real,,or just an ignorant maroon !!! I 'm leaning towards maroon with that statement !!