Has anyone been to or want to go to

fethrs

That was The Rio Grande Gorge bridge just outside of Taos, it was a spot we used to take out of town visitors to. Very scary too, you can feel the bridge move when cars drive over it. It's the fifth highest bridge in the US at 650 feet above the Rio Grande.:surprised:

browndevil

That was The Rio Grande Gorge bridge just outside of Taos, it was a spot we used to take out of town visitors to. Very scary too, you can feel the bridge move when cars drive over it. It's the fifth highest bridge in the US at 650 feet above the Rio Grande.:surprised:
Aha! No wonder I remembered that bridge being amazing. What years were you living there? My brother is currently is an anchorman at KOAT

fethrs

It was around 1990 or so to about 1995. It's a beautiful place, I'm trying to decide if I want to move back to New Mexico but it's hard with UPS.

browndevil

It was around 1990 or so to about 1995. It's a beautiful place, I'm trying to decide if I want to move back to New Mexico but it's hard with UPS.
Right now in this economy I wouldn't encourage anyone to leave UPS. I am not sure of the transfer options, which I am sure you have explored. Maybe it's time to take a nice vacation to NM

fethrs

I hear that, I don't plan on leaving ups to move and the transfer would be next to impossible. I'll hang here in San Diego till I decide where to go.

fethrs

why leave sd its nice there

It is nice here and I can't make up my mind, but at the same time I miss real weather and seasons.The housing is more expensive out here too, if I made in Taos what I make out here I could afford a nice adobe house, but there's the catch.

fethrs

I was wondering about that,as you ride and where you are. The Red River Run is every Memorial Day weekend in a small town called Red River, I want to try to make it this year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dilli, when I was stationed in Texas (Lubbock), we took a trip to the Grand Canyon and then up through New Mexico in to Colorado and to the AF Academy in Colorado Springs. Beautiful country.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
LOL Upstate. Yes it is. We have (IMHO) some of the most amazing scenery. Have you ever seen any of the Canyon De Chelly (pron. shay) area?

It's in the NE corner of AZ. Beautiful country up there. I can drive an hour north and be in pine trees or an hour south and be in the desert. LOL

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Hey Dilli, do you deliver Jerome very often, cool little town with some interesting history....seems like a PITA for parking a pc though--especially if you need to curb your tires

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hey Dilli, do you deliver Jerome very often, cool little town with some interesting history....seems like a PITA for parking a pc though--especially if you need to curb your tires
Oh yes, I have. You don't see that back side of Jerome either. It is a PITA to deliver. Main st you just park on the street. Everyone goes around ya. Tourists get pissy about it but the locals are used to it. :happy2:

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Oh yes, I have. You don't see that back side of Jerome either. It is a PITA to deliver. Main st you just park on the street. Everyone goes around ya. Tourists get pissy about it but the locals are used to it. :happy2:
LOL
I want to do another Az road trip for all the sights, but my wife is more of the WigWam resort type---I'm thinking of dropping her off for two weeks in Sedona or Phoenix and take myself camping out of the back of my pick up truck...:happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
LOL
I want to do another Az road trip for all the sights, but my wife is more of the WigWam resort type---I'm thinking of dropping her off for two weeks in Sedona or Phoenix and take myself camping out of the back of my pick up truck...:happy2:
LOL That's the only way to go camping.:happy2: