Has anyone left UPS and then came back?

door10

Already came and went 3 times. Coming back for a fourth time once I get back from school. Preload is so bad in my center that they take anyone they can get. They're always surprised and ask why I keep coming back. Love preload.

Box Ox

Preload is so bad in my center that they take anyone they can get. They're always surprised and ask why I keep coming back. Love preload.

It's not possible to love preload if it's truly bad at your center. If you're not getting pounded across 3-5 routes with 70+ the whole time and hurting because of it, it's not bad.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I find it hard to hate preload. Even when it does suck. Pound it out for four hours and go home before the day's even started.

Notcool

I got fired..
Got a good job two weeks later. Two months go by get a call and met with the labor Manger the gave me my job back. I was torn because I felt free but I put in alot of time it was hard to not accept my job back. But now I wished I'd kept my other job. Had a chance to drive but failed the test. Not great at stick. So here I am bleeding brown for now. PT for life. Lol I'm giving it one more chance if I fail again I'm leaving

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
To answer the original post though, I've never left UPS but I have worked office jobs and even thought UPS can be pretty s*tty at times I'd still prefer it to what I was doing then. The first office job I had was a "promotion" from what I was doing and regretted it terribly. I loved what I was doing and the schedule I had and I'd probably still be there if I didn't accept but I guess I learned the hard way that supervisory roles just aren't for me.

The other one I had wasn't inherently bad because of the line of work, it was just the environment of that particular place I think. Ironically though I found it easier to stay in shape with the less active jobs. Here I just burn everything off way too quickly and have light, minimal lunches. I'm probably in better aerobic shape but my bulking days are pretty much done it seems.

Though if I were to go elsewhere, whether or not I'd come back would be a pretty tough decision. How much I enjoyed what I found elsewhere and if I'd lose my seniority and benefits thus far would be the biggest deciding factors.

The best description of this job I ever heard was when a driver told me "it sucks but I like it". It's actually held pretty true for the most part.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I quit my first peak. Five drivers came to help me, my helper quit, and my on-road had to hop on car with me to finish the route. Clocked out at 21:30 and told him I don't want to do this for 25 years, you guys are idiots. No-call no showed the next day and my management team came to my house looking for me. I talked to center manager the third day and went back. 10 years later I don't regret going back at all, nobody like there job after awhile, this one has great bennies and a pension. Not really a hard decision in hind site.

jamescasey420

I got fired..
Got a good job two weeks later. Two months go by get a call and met with the labor Manger the gave me my job back. I was torn because I felt free but I put in alot of time it was hard to not accept my job back. But now I wished I'd kept my other job. Had a chance to drive but failed the test. Not great at stick. So here I am bleeding brown for now. PT for life. Lol I'm giving it one more chance if I fail again I'm leaving

You got back pay with penalties? A resignation from the person that fired you, and the real reason why? Also additional monies for emotion stress?

Box Ox

now i have to go and pay someone to abuse me.

And you're probably like:

amatuer-hour.png

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I quit my first peak. Five drivers came to help me, my helper quit, and my on-road had to hop on car with me to finish the route. Clocked out at 21:30 and told him I don't want to do this for 25 years, you guys are idiots. No-call no showed the next day and my management team came to my house looking for me. I talked to center manager the third day and went back. 10 years later I don't regret going back at all, nobody like there job after awhile, this one has great bennies and a pension. Not really a hard decision in hind site.
My first peak was running over 300 stops a lot of times. Latest I punched out was like 1130 one night after 1 dude broke down at like 830 or so, and me and my jumper went and helped him finish in my truck. He had like probably 80 or 90 stops left, seemed like a lot but 3 people running that many stops was a breeze really. That's back when they didn't have the DOT rules like they do now, THANK GOD THEY DO NOW lol. Back then they didn't trip on the OT at peak like they do now with the new DOT rules. But yeah were a few nights as a 6 months driving ROOKIE that I wanted to quit also lol. The thing with the job now is if you have a lot of time in you cant quit CAUSE YOU MAKE TOO MUCH DAMM MONEY lmfao.