Has anyone noticed stewards becoming weak all of a sudden?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Ours has been on lay-off for so long I can't remember her name or what she looks like.:sad-little: It's been so long since she was there, they asked me to sit in on labor meetings this morning.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I was told that our local does not have any "runnings" for stewards under our new leadership. It is all hand-picking. :knockedout:
We have had it go either way. Our last steward was elected but when the BA appointed an alternate the elected steward quit. So the alternate then became steward by default. The elected steward quitting was the best thing that could have happened for us.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
There is no super seniority described in the national contract but some supplements do have it. New England supplement does for example. Not sure about which other regions.
Same in Central States. Seniority is seniority. In our local stewards are elected. If there is a need for another steward between elections he/she must be nominated at a union meeting. Then the BA and stewards present decide if he/she shall become a steward.

barnyard

KTM rider
I am also in Central States and our building is only allowed one 'official' steward. He was elected and does not have to pay union dues. There are 2 assistant stewards, but they have to pay their dues.

TB

705red

Browncafe Steward
what a glorious thing to be able to work for a thriving company and discuss ways to have your union reps more aggressively attack your company while so many others are out of work. :happy-very:
If more drivers would file 9.5s we would have more drivers working.

Look I'm sorry that you sups did not get your raises. I'm sorry that the company you bleed for lied to you and said that they might have to close the doors because of low volume. And I'm sorry that you have to jump in every thread just to slay the union.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm just wondering why it takes so damn long for us to get a replacement once the steward steps down. I guess its the fact that the union hall calls the shots and we are like 50 miles away from it. I think we should be able to just hold our election and send the results to the hall without having to wait on them to find the time to come down.