Has anyone seen the madera guy?

S

splozi

In cities, particularly downtown areas, service/delivery/commercial vehicles get to park right in front of businesses to conduct their... business. Do you really think it's appropriate to allow parking for everyone, and force them to drive around blocks several times looking for an open spot? Nobody would get anything accomplished.

You can use the same idea here, even though parking lots do not follow the same rules. They SHOULD allot a space for service/delivery vehicles, but they don't.

If people feel the same way as this idiot on youtube, I wonder how they would feel about higher shipping prices because new routes have to be created to allow enough time for all deliveries to be made.

S

splozi

if there was a real emergency, we would get the hell outta the way

This reminds me of a Mitch Hedberg joke.

I don't remember how it goes, but it has to do with people blocking the fire exit. If you have two legs and can walk, you are NEVER blocking the fire exit.
Same idea here. If you park a truck in an emergency zone and then go inside of someplace to eat, that's a totally different story. But if you are there making a delivery/pickup, you can move the damn thing in a matter of seconds, before any emergency vehicles arrive.

UPSGUY72

cachsux,

I disagree.

He is at least willing to put what he says out there in writing.

I don't see any low level management producing anything in writing that it's all about the numbers.

I think there is a few too many local management people who are afraid to stand up to the local level management people above them who are the intimidators and the bullies.

And what you said is the main problem, the management down in the trenches are often times not caring about what is right and they're blaming their actions on others.

Sincerely,
I

You disagree well it the truth. Just look at the driver in Denver that racked up over $5000 in parking tickets.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I see it as we fall into a hierarchy of importance. Obviously below fire/police/medical. But seeing as our customers don't complain, and if there was a real emergency, we would get the hell outta the way, it's all good. Though lately with peak, I have been in a Uhaul box truck, and it does make me a tad nervous. Had to deliver to a Jimmie John's and noticed several squad cars parked outside. Threw caution to the wind, and parked right up front as normal. As I was scanning packages several police officers came outside. RUh OH! Not really. They just cracked wise about UPS not paying their car payments. We all had a laugh and proceeded as planned.

In cities, particularly downtown areas, service/delivery/commercial vehicles get to park right in front of businesses to conduct their... business. Do you really think it's appropriate to allow parking for everyone, and force them to drive around blocks several times looking for an open spot? Nobody would get anything accomplished.

You can use the same idea here, even though parking lots do not follow the same rules. They SHOULD allot a space for service/delivery vehicles, but they don't.

If people feel the same way as this idiot on youtube, I wonder how they would feel about higher shipping prices because new routes have to be created to allow enough time for all deliveries to be made.

This reminds me of a Mitch Hedberg joke.

I don't remember how it goes, but it has to do with people blocking the fire exit. If you have two legs and can walk, you are NEVER blocking the fire exit.
Same idea here. If you park a truck in an emergency zone and then go inside of someplace to eat, that's a totally different story. But if you are there making a delivery/pickup, you can move the damn thing in a matter of seconds, before any emergency vehicles arrive.

You disagree well it the truth. Just look at the driver in Denver that racked up over $5000 in parking tickets.
What is right does not have to be justified.

What is true does not have to be rationalized.

Sincerely
I

working up a sweat

With all due respect Integ. You let these useless do gooders run over you with their moonbat agendas, you have loss of freedom.
Loss of business and higher prices for services. Madera Guy is a useless Micheal Moore wannabe. He gets out of breath walking 10 feet.

Integrity

Binge Poster
With all due respect Integ. You let these useless do gooders run over you with their moonbat agendas, you have loss of freedom.
Loss of business and higher prices for services. Madera Guy is a useless Micheal Moore wannabe. He gets out of breath walking 10 feet.
working up a sweat,

How does personally attacking a person for pointing out the truth about unlawful parking practices justify these practices?

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Is he the reason that the parking laws have to be broken?

Are you saying that business would be lost if parking laws were followed?

Are you saying that a company would have to charge more if they obeyed laws that they already claim to obey?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Speaking of trolls....
robot,

It is unfortunate that individuals even on an online forum try to intimidate and insult those with opposing views.

Just because someone thinks and responds different from you that doesn't make them an internet troll.

Isn't there enough mistreatment in the workplace.

It is very sad that you have to bring that type of behavior and attitude to the very place where the exchange of viewpoints is expected.

You and anyone can say whatever you want about me and you can say whatever you want about the Madera Guy but there is one thing that you can't do.

You cannot make it legal to illegally park a vehicle.

It may be permissable, it may be encouraged, it may be expected, and it may be common practice for some but an illegally parked vehicle is just that, illegally parked.

Sincerely,
I

anonymous,

I mean you no disrespect but I don't see how expressing that you would like to commit physical violence on the Madera guy edifies this discussion thread in any way.

Sincerely,
I
Just stating the obvious. I don't think there is a driver on this site who after watching this guy wouldn't
want to sucker punch this guy. This guy is a hater and someone who would like to take our livelyhood away. The way ups takes anybody side against a driver makes me want to knock this a hole out.

working up a sweat

Integrity. Madera Guy is a dirtbarg. You make cognizance points in opposition of his anti UPS parking rants. He will reply in racist, X-rated language using your teenage daughter. He did it to me. The man is a coward.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity. Madera Guy is a dirtbarg. You make cognizance points in opposition of his anti UPS parking rants. He will reply in racist, X-rated language using your teenage daughter. He did it to me. The man is a coward.
working up a sweat,

I don't believe in callng names. I don't judge you for it, I just don't believe it is a healthy response to conflicts or reacting to conflicting views on an online discussion thread.

If drivers responded to him in the same agressive hateful way that they have about him in this thread then it doesn't suprise me he responded in the way you have described.

If he did respond in this way he is wrong and he is probably just as unhealthy and hateful as the ones he has drawn this similar response from in this thread.

This being said, I want to make myself clear.

I do not support Madera Guy.

I do not approve of him, nor do I know anything about him other than viewing a few videos that he has posted regarding UPS and the company's illegal parking practices.

I viewed these videos only to participate in this discussion thread.

Hate him if you choose.

I choose not to, I choose to pray for him. I pray that God will change him in the way that He sees fit and that he will use his boldness with a video camera for good not evil.

There is not a person who can deny that his point is true; UPS drivers park illegally and they think they have a right to do so.

This discussion has revealed to me more about what is in the hearts of some of individuals who post on this site than I think it ever could reveal about the Madera Guy.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Honestly, if some guy pushed me like this i would stomp his face , i guess he has been very lucky so far
hellfire,

I disapprove of this comment or comments of this type on an online discussion thread.

Comments such as these do nothing to edify a discussion.

I mean you no disrespect, but isn't there enough violence and hatred in the world today.

Sincerely,
I

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
hellfire,

I disapprove of this comment or comments of this type on an online discussion thread.

I mean you no disrespect, but isn't there enough violence and hatred in the world today.

Sincerely,
I

if i saw him working on Sunday before he harassed then it would be ok Exodus 31:12-15 NLT

air_dr

Honestly, if some guy pushed me like this i would stomp his face , i guess he has been very lucky so far
hellfire,

Sincerely,
I

I think I want to take a quick stab at edifying this discussion through my thoughts and observations:

UPS drivers are placed under enough stress as it is to get their jobs done. Also those of us who become drivers were not originally hired for our extraordinary people skills. Madera Guy does more than point out to someone that he is illegally parked...he really pesters...like an annoying fly on a hot summer day...I'd also be willing to bet that he has hassled certain drivers repeatedly. That would get on anyone's nerves. I can respect your disappointment, Integrity, with some of the angry and flippant responses you have gotten on BC, but they are drivers' understandable knee jerk reactions. If Madera feels strongly enough about this issue, I think a more orderly approach for him would be to work with the police in pointing out the drivers and have the drivers ticketed in a straight forward manner without pestering. MG is not a police officer, and I belive he is wrong (and possibly even breaking the law himself) in hassling people the way he does, even if what they are doing is illegal. The drivers would clearly prefer to be left alone, MG has made his point, and he ought to leave.

Another thing for you to consider, Integrity, (as well as Madera Guy) is that the world has many written as well as unwritten rules. Going even further, some times in practice, the unwritten rules, rightly or wrongly, end up over riding the written ones. And I am grateful that is the way it is, though you may not agree with me, and that is fine. You could probably come up with many of your own examples if you think about it, but let me offer two in closing:

One time while in court contesting a traffic ticket (and winning) I sat through another case before mine where an elderly man was there for a city building code violation. He was the owner and his daughter was helping him. The attorney for the city (almost embarassed) made the objection that only an attorney could speak for someone. The judge let it slide, though the city lawyer was correct legally. Look, the point was to get the building fixed, not issue a landmark court ruling, and I commend the judge for doing what she did.

When I was a preloader and leaving for work in the middle of the night, if a police officer saw me setting out, I was almost sure to be stopped. I live in a community that is very quiet at night and there was concern that a car was being stolen or worse. I'm not sure that my action, in the strict sense, would rise to the level of "reasonable suspicion," at least in the eyes of the ACLU, but on every occasion I cooperated with the officer and even thanked him for his vigilance.

Last edited: