Has anyone seen the madera guy?

The whole parking situation is more complicated than Madera Guy or Integrity realize. Yea, UPS drivers have always, with few exceptions, park illegally from time to time. Most cities and towns also over look these infractions using common sense and a willingness to cooperate with companies such as UPS. The idea that UPS pays off the cities or the cops is ridiculous. We all know exactly why UPS drivers park illegally.

I have watched a couple of the videos and quite frankly understand the drivers' attitude. Madera Guy in his stated crusade to protect the citizens of his community is being very disingenuous. I suspect his true purpose is to gain attention and youtube hits to gain ads to make money and has nothing to do with protecting anyone. No where did I read that MG has taken his videos to the city officials to expose UPS as the criminals they are nor to the UPS management on any level. Until he has done this, his argument of "safety" is a flat out lie.

Other than that, I don't have an opinion of it

tarbar66

The whole parking situation is more complicated than Madera Guy or Integrity realize. Yea, UPS drivers have always, with few exceptions, park illegally from time to time. Most cities and towns also over look these infractions using common sense and a willingness to cooperate with companies such as UPS. The idea that UPS pays off the cities or the cops is ridiculous. We all know exactly why UPS drivers park illegally.

I have watched a couple of the videos and quite frankly understand the drivers' attitude. Madera Guy in his stated crusade to protect the citizens of his community is being very disingenuous. I suspect his true purpose is to gain attention and youtube hits to gain ads to make money and has nothing to do with protecting anyone. No where did I read that MG has taken his videos to the city officials to expose UPS as the criminals they are nor to the UPS management on any level. Until he has done this, his argument of "safety" is a flat out lie.

Other than that, I don't have an opinion of it

Very well said and I like your choice of words.

I think that this is the first time I remember disingenuous being used on this board!

brownedout

I'm on board with the last 2 posts also. I do park in the "fire zones" in front of commercial stops with the "ok" of the local police, and fire marshalls. They know us by name, they know we for the most part, are in and out of said deliveries. If any "passerby" has an issue with where I park I inform them they are completely free to flag down a patrolman or call the local PD. I say no more, I make no gestures. I remember the day a Fedex driver I wasn't particularly fond of blocked the lone drive thru lane at a bank, the person he blocked was raising holy cain when he returned, as they had right to. His response my supervisor says its ok to park here.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm on board with the last 2 posts also. I do park in the "fire zones" in front of commercial stops with the "ok" of the local police, and fire marshalls. They know us by name, they know we for the most part, are in and out of said deliveries. If any "passerby" has an issue with where I park I inform them they are completely free to flag down a patrolman or call the local PD. I say no more, I make no gestures. I remember the day a Fedex driver I wasn't particularly fond of blocked the lone drive thru lane at a bank, the person he blocked was raising holy cain when he returned, as they had right to. His response my supervisor says its ok to park here.
exactly, we work as directed. Ive been told if I cant park safely, block them in.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I remember one time delivering about 900 pounds of ammo and a dozen new bulletproof vests to my local Police Department.

Their normal delivery point was at the front desk, but the ammo was stored down in the armory and hauling that much weight thru the building and down the stairs was a bit more work than the duty sergeant was interested in dealing with.

So...he instructed me drive behind the building and park on the sidewalk in front of a hydrant so that I could wheel the ammo in thru the back door and into the armory for them. The two officers who were helping me unload and haul the ammo in apparently had more important things to worry about than the fact that I was parked in such a blatantly illegal manner. Too bad the Madera guy wasnt there with his camera to see it.

I remember one time delivering about 900 pounds of ammo and a dozen new bulletproof vests to my local Police Department.

Their normal delivery point was at the front desk, but the ammo was stored down in the armory and hauling that much weight thru the building and down the stairs was a bit more work than the duty sergeant was interested in dealing with.

So...he instructed me drive behind the building and park on the sidewalk in front of a hydrant so that I could wheel the ammo in thru the back door and into the armory for them. The two officers who were helping me unload and haul the ammo in apparently had more important things to worry about than the fact that I was parked in such a blatantly illegal manner. Too bad the Madera guy wasnt there with his camera to see it.
He was busy stuffing his fat face at Wendys.

OptimusPrime

UPS Management is fully aware of the situation. In January, there was post made to Reddit, deploring the behavior of a UPS driver.
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]UPS Delivery Fail. Home Security Camera Win. : WTF

A member of UPS management quickly made an account, shot down the bad info, gave contact info, etc. And this was over 1 picture false claiming it was a UPS driver. Seeing they went that far over that, they are fully aware of this guys videos, and just don't give an ish.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There are a lot of critical issues facing our world and our communities today. A UPS driver parking in a fire lane for 2 minutes and 10 seconds while he runs in and delivers a package is not one of them. Its a pity that Madera guy cant take his energy, his free time and his video camera and go find something important to worry about. This isnt about keeping our streets or parking lots safe, its about some guy who got turned down for hall monitor duty back in junior high trying to make himself relevant on YouTube.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There are a lot of critical issues facing our world and our communities today. A UPS driver parking in a fire lane for 2 minutes and 10 seconds while he runs in and delivers a package is not one of them. Its a pity that Madera guy cant take his energy, his free time and his video camera and go find something important to worry about. This isnt about keeping our streets or parking lots safe, its about some guy who got turned down for hall monitor duty back in junior high trying to make himself relevant on YouTube.
Someone should find out if Madera guy is on welfare......he could be doing a real job!

S

splozi

(I know he's gone, but he's probably still reading this anyway)

My videos have been very powerful. They created this thread on this forum that has been going on for months.

The thread was initially active for a whole two days until you resurrected it.

You UPS guys can't seem to get enough of them. You've watched them nearly half a million times in just the last six months.

I didn't realize everyone who watches youtube works for UPS. This company is larger than I thought...

You have 6 videos (I think?) regarding UPS drivers, totaling 351,949 views. That's almost half a million like a dwarf is almost qualified to be a basketball player.

The ad revenue has boosted my bank account, in fact I have a Google check on my desk I need to take to the bank on Monday. I have nothing but love for UPS.

Technically, finding a penny on the street boosts your bank account too.

You have two videos with ~100k views each. While the view counts on those two videos are decent, people who make money on youtube produce such videos regularly - you have made a total of six UPS-related videos in the past year. This ad revenue that you speak of is unsubstantial.

In fact, you have eleven total videos on your account with 256 subscribers. I'm very surprised that YouTube approved your application for partnership. I didn't realize it was so easy.

Nice try though...