Has anyone used the UPS Help Line?

tieguy

Banned
When I was a kid my father would tell me to stand tall
Look people in the eye.
A good firm handshake.
Be honest.
Respect people.

These things are lost at ups now. A man of character and integrity is pounded when he blows the whistle. I was this guy gave my name and paid a price. Sorry for taking it out on you Over it's just frustrating.

in my humble opinion nothing is lost.

If you're trying to be a norma rae fighting the evil empire type then yes you will make yourself a target. but then you will make yourself a target no matter what evil empire you choose to fight.

Even now I can go to the labor forum and watch both sides of the 804 union accuse each other of selling out.

you can I think still lead by example and lead ethically in every thing you do. As a steward you to may be subjected to the temptation to behave unethically from both the union and company side. Its you job to resist this tempation and lead ethically.

PE Pro

To All,

Has anyone called the UPS Help Line and have been satisfied with the response and the results that you have received?

Sincerely,
I
I have made several calls over the years. Actually the first time I called was the time they actually did something, they sent some corporate investigator to the facility. I called because the DM was parking his car inside the yard in a safety committee established unsafe to park no parking zone. The other times I called they did nothing more than what they did on your's. They thank the caller, they do nothing, and then they close the case. The line is just another way to keep the UPS spin going.:whatever:

in my humble opinion nothing is lost.

If you're trying to be a norma rae fighting the evil empire type then yes you will make yourself a target. but then you will make yourself a target no matter what evil empire you choose to fight.

Even now I can go to the labor forum and watch both sides of the 804 union accuse each other of selling out.

you can I think still lead by example and lead ethically in every thing you do. As a steward you to may be subjected to the temptation to behave unethically from both the union and company side. Its you job to resist this tempation and lead ethically.
+1 I'm alot more diplomatic now and I really think it out before I react it's a great life lesson. As I get older I'm getting wiser and I thank the parties involved in my persecution for the experience. God bless

safety1st

If it can be handled at the local level it is the best choice. But if they are the problem then call. Yes it does cause crap to fly your way. Keep track of everything as I would think you are doing. Long story short I had over 20 years in my last 5 years it all went down hill. Found out in the middle of my lawsuit they ups had a hit list & it came out in another lawsuit & it was proven to be a hit list. My lawyer got it & I was on it. Well I am doing very well now a days thxs to that list & other things. You just never know. But I can say it is not about whats right or wrong it is about WHO WANTS WHAT. Good luck.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Calling regarding something that could potentially have an effect on the brand or cost the company money will usually result in a rapid and thorough response regardless of anonymity.