Has our union proven themselves useless at this point?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
While it's true the Union has gotten us a lot more than you will find at most jobs, you also can't deny how much they have let go in recent years. Once you lose stuff like that, you can't get it back. And if they keep up that trend who knows where it could end up ten or twenty years from now. Those ready to retire soon might not care about ten or twenty years from now, but for UPSers like myself, it's concerning.

Atomic_Smurf

Just a refresher. ObamaCare sets in motion a slow demise to employer health plans eventually funneling everyone onto the exchanges. The fight over our health insurance is just part of the "transition process" to use the presidents term & positions employeers, unions & workers to hash out the details of the demise.

SHOCK UNCOVERED: Obama IN HIS OWN WORDS saying Hi…:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
People like you make me want to puke.
Either or. I can't believe the entitlement of upsers.
We feel we are untitled to maintain or gain in regards to what we already have.
We feel this way because we work for a company at the top of their game, recording record profits.
We are the backbone of the company and we feel we are entitled to our fair share of the spoils.
Instead we have gone backwards contract after contract.
With this in mind, who should we blame?
So if this rapidly spreading discontent makes you nervous or queezy, then by all means go ahead and puke.
I hope you feel better.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Much has changed in nearly two decades, no?

Surely you know someone, nay, many who, pay for inferior benefits on a salary significantly inferior to ours.

Do you believe that's possible without our union, "brother"?

Sent using a Potato
What are these changes at UPS that you refer to?
In what aspect has the company struggled, where concessions were necessary?
The changes that have occurred have been in regards to a mismanaged Central States pension fund and a doomed C6 healthcare plan.
Neither can be blamed on UPS, but most assuredly can be blamed on the Teamsters.

Last edited:
We feel we are untitled to maintain or gain in regards to what we already have.
We feel this way because we work for a company at the top of their game, recording record profits.
We are the backbone of the company and we feel we are entitled to our fair share of the spoils.
Instead we have gone backwards contract after contract.
With this in mind, who should we blame?
So if this rapidly spreading discontent makes you nervous or queezy, then by all means go ahead and puke.
I hope you feel better.
People will always hate the players and the game. Thanks for the congrats.

You know there are people like me that try and make their local better at all costs and all I do is give. Members don't understand and say this. They will never understand and I'm at peace with this. People will hate on me but when I leave my local I will have made it better. I will have paid it forward for no other reason than I wanted to. The :censored2: sandwich I eat for my local. The difference between me and someone else is I have things cooked up that will never be seen and it doesn't matter because it who I am.

Hate on me all you want but can you say what you've done has really helped your members. Mine are always at the forfront of what I do.

The union is all about,protecting their jobs. And not worry about its members. Just like the Whitehouse. They forget,they work for us,not the other way around.

I shall remember this,in 2016 and hopefully so do the rest of us!

The union is all about,protecting their jobs. And not worry about its members. Just like the Whitehouse. They forget,they work for us,not the other way around.

I shall remember this,in 2016 and hopefully so do the rest of us!
We are the union. It's real easy to site on a web site and bitch. It's a lot harder to sacrifice time with your family and put your job in jeopardy time and time again while others with thirty plus years sit around and watch the guy with twenty years in do it all. Others could get involved but it's easier to do what you want with free time and get on the Internet and complain. It's all a big deal till they have to put time in.

dezguy

Tell you what. I will trade places with anyone here. I'll take your place in the union and you can deal with how things are run without a union, at Express.

Some of you guys really don't know how much better off you are.

Tell you what. I will trade places with anyone here. I'll take your place in the union and you can deal with how things are run without a union, at Express.

No thank you. I have busted my ass and taken so much time away from my family to move up help members survive then flourish to get where I am. Sorry.

By The Book

I'm sure at some point in our careers, albeit we somewhat are competitors, we all do the same job as best we can. I'm sure we have all thought what it would be like switching companies and enjoying what we perceive to be the easier job. Goods with both and bads with both. I have a lot of respect for other carriers out there and have even had lunch with my fed x guy. We all work hard and are under a lot of stress so hang in there and focus on all the positive when things aren't so rosey.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We are the union. It's real easy to site on a web site and bitch. It's a lot harder to sacrifice time with your family and put your job in jeopardy time and time again while others with thirty plus years sit around and watch the guy with twenty years in do it all. Others could get involved but it's easier to do what you want with free time and get on the Internet and complain. It's all a big deal till they have to put time in.

You know there are people like me that try and make their local better at all costs and all I do is give. Members don't understand and say this. They will never understand and I'm at peace with this. People will hate on me but when I leave my local I will have made it better. I will have paid it forward for no other reason than I wanted to. The :censored2: sandwich I eat for my local. The difference between me and someone else is I have things cooked up that will never be seen and it doesn't matter because it who I am.

Hate on me all you want but can you say what you've done has really helped your members. Mine are always at the forfront of what I do.

No thank you. I have busted my ass and taken so much time away from my family to move up help members survive then flourish to get where I am. Sorry.

back_pat_zps22ec2671.jpg

Nobody is "hating on you".
We just don't share in your unconditional acceptance in regards to our union and concessionary contracts.

back_pat_zps22ec2671.jpg

Nobody is "hating on you".
We just don't share in your unconditional acceptance in regards to our union and concessionary contracts.
Whatever makes you feel better. You can stay in the stone ages all you want. I like living in the American thats evolving. See you can go back to the stone ages for the rest of your days. I ain't going back.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Whatever makes you feel better. You can stay in the stone ages all you want. I like living in the American thats evolving. See you can go back to the stone ages for the rest of your days. I ain't going back.
None of this "makes me feel better".
You need to get your head out of the sand, as we are for sure going backwards.
You call it "evolving", I call it regressing and I can't embrace it as you have.
You may be the only person I know who thinks America is "evolving" in a positive direction.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
While it's true the Union has gotten us a lot more than you will find at most jobs, you also can't deny how much they have let go in recent years. Once you lose stuff like that, you can't get it back. And if they keep up that trend who knows where it could end up ten or twenty years from now. Those ready to retire soon might not care about ten or twenty years from now, but for UPSers like myself, it's concerning.
This is the problem. The current leadership is most certainly in bed with ups. They see the writing on the wall. If it wasn't for ups the teamsters would be nothing. Ups is the golden goose.

Sure it looks like little things we are giving up and maybe we have it better than others but those little things sure add up fast. In 20-30 years I am afraid we are gonna look back and wonder how in the hell we let it get to where it is.