Has our union proven themselves useless at this point?

muthatrucka

what you are saying then is that you are useless. you and every Teamster IS the union.

so why don't you make the changes you want.?

the general reason why 99% of us (me included ) don't effect change is LAZINESS.
True. Laziness and money. Money first more than likely.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
A 401k managed by me for me with a company match.
you can manage your 401k. its called the SMA , self managed account. you can transfer money from the regular 401k to a SMA and buy stocks and mutual funds. I have about 25% of my 401k in a SMA. you can put all on if you want.

you can also start a IRA that is tax deferred depending on your income. my spouse does not work so I can max out the 401 and max out my IRA tax deferred every year. that's 33k for us every year.

don't put all your eggs in one basket. you can have pension, social security and income from 401k and IRA. that will be a lot of mullah. for us it will be 140% more than I am taking home now.

Atomic_Smurf

Is there anything from FOX news that you wont repeat word for word?

UPS had intended on eliminating spousal coverage long before the ACA became law. They only needed the opportunity to blame something else so people like you would look the other way.

Not that you would know how to drill down on an issue.

TOS.
Where did FOX get it wrong? Or are you just blaming them for reporting the failures of ObamaCare?

First you said UPS dropped spousal coverage just because they could, now you say Obamacare just gave them an excuse too. Which is it?

Problems with employer health insurance isn't exclusive to UPS either. It is happening across the country to union, non-union & individual purchasers alike. They are being dropped by their employers, by their insurance companies and priced out of the market because working people are on the collection end of the redistribution equation. The law that increases premiums on insurance purchasers to provide subsidies to others is the cause & you sound like an idiot trying to deny it.

Atomic_Smurf

To say it another way, the artificially high cost of health insurance today isn't a reflection of the true cost of healthcare. The cost you see today includes the price to "insure the uninsured". Subsidies for Obamas non-working voter base are simply calculated into the price of today's " ObamaCare approved" plans. (Remember how they said the canceled plans were junk). Premiums will continue to skyrocket with every open enrollment period & with the unions set spending amount they will be forced to diminish the quality & coverage of those plans to stay within their budget.

Atomic_Smurf

Don't you know that Obama is a wizard who can manipulate the space/time continuum, sending his evil legislation into the distant past to alter the course of history?
Lol, you're giving him way to much credit. It wasn't magic. Stupid people are easy to fool. Were you one of them?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Wow, you have posted 10000 times on here! We wouldn't get along anyway. I'm quiet. You talk a lot but say nothing.

Did you gauge what i wrote by the speed at which the air went in one ear and out the other ear?

Take a moment to actually understand what you have managed to accomplish. You wrote a post. You made a statement that asked for engagement from the public. You got a few responses, most of which didnt really respond to what you were asking.

Then, you got my attention. I engaged you and answered your silly question. Now, you dont like the answer.

Indeed, we (at times) have bad leadership, or leadership that fails the members, but that is a two way street.

We also have bad "members". Members who failed to understand what a UNIONIST means. Guys like YOU who question the need for the union lead all catagories for "bad members".

You dont understand or comprehend the sacrifices of the members who came before us who stood up to fight for what we have today. Bad members dont vote, but do most of the bitching about the union. Bad members question the status of our unionism based upon some silly surface issue and not the greater good of being in a union.

Your original post only REHASHED the same arguments that were made during the contract negotiations, progression, pensions, health care. Those conversations are over for now. The contract is signed sealed and delivered.

Regardless, we are still the INDUSTRY STANDARD for all delivery companies, despite the minor setbacks of this last contract. Millions of people in this country would do anything to match our compensation package in its current state and thats something we can be grateful for.

If you are stuck working until you are 63, then thats all on you. Poor planning for your future shouldnt be the blame of the Teamsters.

What I find most interesting is your "bumping" of this thread. What that tells me is that you dont want an intelligent conversation, you merely are looking for attention.

Well, I can be your ridalin pill if you really need this much attention.

TOS.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The country has been and is still waiting for the Rebublican solution to the healthcare crisis. Whatever it is, big corporations won't suffer.
Why is it the governments job to solve your healthcare problem?
What are we sheep?
Look what happens when the government tries to solve that healthcare issue, Obamacare. It sucks.

bbsam

Staff member
Why is it the governments job to solve your healthcare problem?
What are we sheep?
Look what happens when the government tries to solve that healthcare issue, Obamacare. It sucks.
Because healthcare is a national problem and weighs heavily on business balance sheets.

Atomic_Smurf

The country has been and is still waiting for the Rebublican solution to the healthcare crisis. Whatever it is, big corporations won't suffer.
The only "healthcare crisis" today is ObamaCare. Premiums will deflate by thousands when it is ended. Aside from stifling job growth ObamaCare is big corporate friendly as big corporations learn to game the system to put their smaller competitors out of business i.e. Walmart, or just dump their employees insurance all together as millions have discovered the hard way.

upschuck

The ACA is far too encompassing. I would agree with a bare bones requirement, and anything additional be fully paid for, by the insured.

Atomic_Smurf

Businesses will never allow that. This will become the biggest "tax cut" big business has seen in years.
I agree. Big businesses that can afford it are embracing it knowing that it will bankrupt their smaller competitors and when it eventually gets too expensive for them, they only have to pay an opt-out fee/fine to dump their employees insurance plans. Obama said the transition away from employer plans would take 10-15 years but appears to be progressing much quicker.

bbsam

Staff member
I agree. Big businesses that can afford it are embracing it knowing that it will bankrupt their smaller competitors and when it eventually gets too expensive for them, they only have to pay an opt-out fee/fine to dump their employees insurance plans. Obama said the transition away from employer plans would take 10-15 years but appears to be progressing much quicker.
But even deeper than that, there is no real basis in modern history that provides a mandate that companies should have to pay for healthcare. It's a benefit that has lost it's appeal in globalization.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Because healthcare is a national problem and weighs heavily on business balance sheets.
What's next in your book, nationalize food, housing? Oh wait, already done.
You really think people are too stupid to take care of themselves and their loved ones?