Has the bank called your hypo loan?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by cny86, Oct 28, 2008.

1. cny86

cny86 New Member

I'm a long time UPSer with a long time hypo loan that recently got called by my bank. I'm just curious if many others have had this rather unpleasant experience? I remember being a young supervisor and being told to "hypo to the max and you'll be a millionaire many times over!" Ugh!! :sick:
  2. Channahon

Channahon New Member

Ouch - one reason one should always pay off a hypo as soon as they can, when the stock is at a good price. Unfortunately, now more shares will have to be sold to make good on the hypo.

Like the old saying goes"buy low and sell high", in today's economy it's "sell low to pay debt", a horrible situation to be in regardless of what stock you may own.
  3. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

several i know went out and borrowed 130% on their home and bought stock. then hypoed away.

now what have you got with stock at about 1/2 and the home value down by 60%?

i have always wondered about warren buffet. i remember earlier this year liquidating some of his vast holdings........

wonder what he knew and when........

4. brown_trousers

brown_trousers Active Member

Whats a HYPO loan?
  5. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

It's a "shot in the arm" loan.
  6. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Last shot that I got was in the ass!
  7. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

In this case it's a basket with way too many eggs in it.
  8. ups1990

ups1990 Well-Known Member

I've shot myself in the foot many a times.
  9. kdogg788

kdogg788 New Member

It doesn't seem to make much sense financially to go for one of these loans.

10. Old International

Old International Now driving a Sterling

Just means more shares for me to buy.............
  11. dillweed

dillweed Well-Known Member

I've done that and then put the darned thing in my mouth to boot. Oh dear, "to boot". If this post doesn't kill the thread nothing will.