Has the browncafe changed ?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This forum uses vbulletin which allows admins and probably mods depending on settings to see his IP address. A simple sql query or vbulletin addon would show if there were any other users posting from that IP.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
This forum uses vbulletin which allows admins and probably mods depending on settings to see his IP address. A simple sql query or vbulletin addon would show if there were any other users posting from that IP.

But what if was using a proxy or better yet incognito at a coffee house?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

His IP is just used by him and he has only used one IP.

This can be faked by using anonomizer sites but his IP looks legit.

​Maybe I'm not tootechie enough.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think the people have changed, not the site.
Say I go to a site, that I might like to join, and its about Dobermans. I don't jump right into a thread, and ask who owns a Doberman. I read, I acquaint myself. I read the threads, I educate myself, and then I simply slide in.
I don't say things like it seems like a bunch of asses on here, or whatever certain wonder boy said in like his 30th post. When it was small, we all knew each other, and it was comfy. Now its grown amazingly, and its like a big city, and its not safe everywhere.
I do not like the attacks, those are much more fun in person. And personally I don't come here for that.
As a mod, I have not met one person, I could not like for one reason or another, and others who could be my best friend. And quite a few I would take to the shed and beat them senseless. Out of love of course.
I see a lot of people daily, and I can honestly say, everyone is uptight, and dismal. Argumentive and frustrated. I cant say for sure why, maybe its the weather. And I have seen it on here. As for me, its all hummingbirds, and butterflies, coz we are alive, and most without real life problems. Sometimes you just have to step back and GET THE BIG PICTURE. jmho

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

His IP is just used by him and he has only used one IP.

This can be faked by using anonomizer sites but his IP looks legit.

​Maybe I'm not tootechie enough.

Pop the IP into domainwhitepages.com if you want to see if it is an anonymizer/proxy deal or a straight ISP :)

S

serenity now

Say I go to a site, that I might like to join, and its about Dobermans. I don't jump right into a thread, and ask who owns a Doberman. I read, I acquaint myself. I read the threads, I educate myself, and then I simply slide in.
I don't say things like it seems like a bunch of asses on here, or whatever certain wonder boy said in like his 30th post. When it was small, we all knew each other, and it was comfy. Now its grown amazingly, and its like a big city, and its not safe everywhere.
I do not like the attacks, those are much more fun in person. And personally I don't come here for that.
As a mod, I have not met one person, I could not like for one reason or another, and others who could be my best friend. And quite a few I would take to the shed and beat them senseless. Out of love of course.
I see a lot of people daily, and I can honestly say, everyone is uptight, and dismal. Argumentive and frustrated. I cant say for sure why, maybe its the weather. And I have seen it on here. As for me, its all hummingbirds, and butterflies, coz we are alive, and most without real life problems. Sometimes you just have to step back and GET THE BIG PICTURE. jmho

i have to agree with the part about simply sliding in * yowza!

pretender

There you go, talking common sense again...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I agree with you totally. The hilited comment I think goes with my 'silver platter generation'. It's all about me me me me and I I I I want it NOW NOW NOW NOW. They don't give a damn about learning anything. Like a bull in a china shop, they just plow right in decimating everything in their path with no regard to anything or anyone else around.

curiousbrain

To me, this site is a reflection of the American social fabric, through the prism of UPS - there are all types of people, and there are all types of people at UPS. So, it's just a huge random mix.

The stress and physical nature of the job weeds the suckers out, and your left with people who have real "substance" to them. No matter how much I disagree with some people, if you survive at this company, there is something about you - to me, that's the common denominator in every UPS employee, maroon or not.

So, yeah, the site has changed a little bit in my brief time here, but then again, so has the "real world", so it's only logical BC reflect that.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
just another of many time wasting forums on the net, one of many filled with internet tough guys and know it alls...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I agree with you totally. The hilited comment I think goes with my 'silver platter generation'. It's all about me me me me and I I I I want it NOW NOW NOW NOW. They don't give a damn about learning anything. Like a bull in a china shop, they just plow right in decimating everything in their path with no regard to anything or anyone else around.

Actually I think this just means your getting old. I see it happening also. I'm only 30 but really feel I'm a whole generation apart from the 18-23 year olds now.

I think all people feel this way about youngsters as they start to age. As I said I see it in myself everyday.

S

serenity now

Actually I think this just means your getting old. I see it happening also. I'm only 30 but really feel I'm a whole generation apart from the 18-23 year olds now.

I think all people feel this way about youngsters as they start to age. As I said I see it in myself everyday.

that's because you are, and it get's worse