Has there ever been a real effort to organize Express

Broke

There are many on this site that say on a daily basis that express will never organize, and attempting to do so is just plain stupid. I would like to see a real effort by the IBT, IAM, or whichever union would be willing to give it a try. I've said repeatedly that the morale at Express is horrible and gets worse each day and not many who really have a clue would disagree with that. I've never seen or heard of union organizers setting up shop near express facilities passing out literature or going door to door. That's what I call a real effort. If that were to happen and ultimately fail, i'd probably throw up my white flag. Until a real effort is made none of us will never know what will happen.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
I thought secret, productive calls were being made almost daily to the IAM? Is this the first real effort?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Oh. Just more talk.

Thank you for your "expert" opinions.

Things must not be all in clover for your Ground station since you seem to have unlimited time to spend on what is primarily an Express forum.

P.S. Ground still sucks. :happy-very:

bbsam

Staff member
Silly little courier. It's when I'm not here trading barbs with the witless that I'm actually busy at Ground.

p.s. Don't convince me that Ground sucks. Convince the shippers that paying for Express is actually worth it.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm curious how you would know one way or the other?

SPH is correct in that I don't know. It is an educated guess based upon the posts that R1a continues to put out. If there had been a change in actual organizing activity by Express, I think his tone would have changed. It hasn't. There is no "next phase" that he is guiding folks to because the first phase is mostly nonexistent. Nobody is going to PM me about such activity, but they would him. After you've been around a while, you begin to pick up on nuances in peoples perspectives. With regard to R1a and his view of union chances at Express, he is where he has been for months.

hypo hanna

SPH is correct in that I don't know. It is an educated guess based upon the posts that R1a continues to put out. If there had been a change in actual organizing activity by Express, I think his tone would have changed. It hasn't. There is no "next phase" that he is guiding folks to because the first phase is mostly nonexistent. Nobody is going to PM me about such activity, but they would him. After you've been around a while, you begin to pick up on nuances in peoples perspectives. With regard to R1a and his view of union chances at Express, he is where he has been for months.

So wild conjecture based on anecdotal evidence provided by a third party.
Well, that sure is proof enough for me.

hypo hanna

Not proving anything to anyone. In fact, the burden of proof is on the organizers to prove R1a and I wrong.
Why? Who exactly are you and R1 besides two more anonymous people on an Internet forum? More importantly, why would any organizer want to risk their anonymity from FedEx to satisfy your taunts?

bbsam

Staff member
Why? Who exactly are you and R1 besides two more anonymous people on an Internet forum? More importantly, why would any organizer want to risk their anonymity from FedEx to satisfy your taunts?

Because by "satisfying my taunts" you actually succeed at moving the organizing effort to the vote. I'm just looking to see you succeed at what you say is going on. So do you want to "satisfy my taunts" or not?

hypo hanna

Because by "satisfying my taunts" you actually succeed at moving the organizing effort to the vote. I'm just looking to see you succeed at what you say is going on. So do you want to "satisfy my taunts" or not?
I seriously doubt you have any interest in seeing express organized and I can talk union to my fellow hourlies without giving you or R1a daily status reports.

vantexan

Has nothing to do with granting permission. I simply don't object to what you propose.

​I guarantee that if you say a million times you hope that FedEx gets a union, and say just once that you doubt it's possible, that one time will be what is focused on.