Has there ever been a real effort to organize Express

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
p.s. Don't convince me that Ground sucks. Convince the shippers that paying for Express is actually worth it.

At least at Express we don't leave someone's computer shipment go unsigned for and left out in the rain.

bbsam

Staff member
Well you seem to want me to know that you think Ground sucks. I don't care, so why do you bother. Now if you want to save your job, then maybe convincing any shipper that will listen to you describe you superior delivery skills would be a more useful strategy for you to pursue.

Cactus

Well you seem to want me to know that you think Ground sucks. I don't care, so why do you bother. Now if you want to save your job, then maybe convincing any shipper that will listen to you describe you superior delivery skills would be a more useful strategy for you to pursue.

You seem to think that Express drivers all drive around with empty vehicles these days. Me, I've got plenty to do.

I'm not gonna convince any shipper anything, That's sales' job and I'm not gonna do their job for them as much as they want me too.

And geez, quit acting like Ground is God's gift to the consumer.

bbsam

Staff member
I'll stop that and you can stop acting like all that is Ground is crap. Nah. Ground rocks! Suck it, part-timer!:)

Cactus

I'll stop that and you can stop acting like all that is Ground is crap. Nah. Ground rocks! Suck it, part-timer!:)

Ground rocks??

Now you're making me laugh. Oh well at least you've got your sense of humor this evening.

Move over George Kastanza.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
No there has been no real effort just talk..

Seriously, how could you possibly even know this? You know what's going on at every Express location around the country? Because it's not being broadcast on the 6 o'clock news doesn't mean there is no effort being made. I honestly don't know what you guys expect to see....rioting? "It's now such and such time at such and such date and still no union at Express" - get real, people.

Talk about someone who just talks - you're quite chatty about a whole lotta nothing yourself. What Goliath have you attempted to slay today?

bbsam

Staff member
There are many on this site that say on a daily basis that express will never organize, and attempting to do so is just plain stupid. I would like to see a real effort by the IBT, IAM, or whichever union would be willing to give it a try. I've said repeatedly that the morale at Express is horrible and gets worse each day and not many who really have a clue would disagree with that. I've never seen or heard of union organizers setting up shop near express facilities passing out literature or going door to door. That's what I call a real effort. If that were to happen and ultimately fail, i'd probably throw up my white flag. Until a real effort is made none of us will never know what will happen.

Yes. I agree completely. It seems, however, that it will be th Express folks here that will be called upon to do it. We have been saying as much around here literally for years. No point in going on and on about the RLA or Fred's antiunion tactics. Those are simply facts of life. Do it or don't. Is it worth the risk? I have no idea.