Has UPS done anything right recently?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

A Russian roulette bullet. Why was UPS looking to overpay?
They weren't looking to overpay. Two years of losses and cuts made them a smaller company.
To be the big dog in Europe. The acquisition of TNT for either company was never about TNT's profitability.
Winner. Atlanta didn't care about anything besides getting rid of a competitor.
Yes they could have, but why start a bidding war when you don't have to? I'm sure FedEx had some insight that the UPS deal wouldn't go through.
They did have insight. They were willing to roll over to the regulators and pay them off. They are also spinning off the airline since the FedEx pilot's union contract forbids an outside carrier from running mainline ops.
They bought a fleet of trucks a couple of years ago that were too high to go through the Lincoln Tunnel, just bought more trucks from the same manufacturer and they are.............TOO HIGH to go through the Lincoln Tunnel!!

Genius!!!
It's a crying shame we only deliver in the NYC area....
TNT's value has plummeted since UPS made the original offer.
Winner winner. FedEx should thank us for saving them 2 billion

bluehdmc

They bought a fleet of trucks a couple of years ago that were too high to go through the Lincoln Tunnel, just bought more trucks from the same manufacturer and they are.............TOO HIGH to go through the Lincoln Tunnel!!

Genius!!!

Frigid AdCorrector said:

It's a crying shame we only deliver in the NYC area....

The point was if someone was thinking, when the spec'd out the tractors they could have spec'd them out 2" shorter!

Then they wouldn't have to worry about sending a driver to NYC, now you have drivers unaware of the problem till they get to the Lincoln tunnel and having to detour. It seems the people who ordered vehicles don't have a clue how they are used. That goes for Feeders and package cars.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
They are working on improving it. It's not a one and done thing.

Hahahahahaha.....

15 years later? Nah, you're right. I wouldn't say one and done either. Does Charlie, Lucy and the football mean anything to you?

Someday, Charlie is BOUND to get that football...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hahahahahaha.....

15 years later? Nah, you're right. I wouldn't say one and done either. Does Charlie, Lucy and the football mean anything to you?

Uh, who cares? You're still getting paid, aren't you? Are you filling out management paperwork, or something?

Dracula

Uh, who cares? You're still getting paid, aren't you? Are you filling out management paperwork, or something?

Why, yes, I am getting paid. I'll leave the paperwork for Dave . He seems obsessed with that. I'll go home and set up my tripod and take pictures like you.

wayfair

swollen member
Not a big fan of Twin Hill. Everything is a size smaller. And the flys on the pants don't zip down as far as they should. Very hard to.....ahem....get "IT" out.

I have no problems...

4391249-peepants-down.jpg

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Then they wouldn't have to worry about sending a driver to NYC, now you have drivers unaware of the problem till they get to the Lincoln tunnel and having to detour. It seems the people who ordered vehicles don't have a clue how they are used. That goes for Feeders and package cars.
Or you send the package car that is too high to a center in Iowa or Missouri where tunnels aren't a concern. Not rocket science.
Hahahahahaha.....

You're telling me you started ORION 15 years ago?

Dracula

So what you're telling me is that they in fact have not had 15 years. Unless 2015-2008 somehow equals 15 now

Read the article. They began work on it in 2000. Unless my trucker math is wrong, 2000 minus 2015 equals 15. 15 years. That was the whole point. 15 years of work, and it still doesn't seem to work right. One would imagine after 8 years of ironing out the details, they might have a better handle on it.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Read the article. They began work on it in 2000. Unless my trucker math is wrong, 2000 minus 2015 equals 15. 15 years. That was the whole point. 15 years of work, and it still doesn't seem to work right. One would imagine after 8 years of ironing out the details, they might have a better handle on it.
Alright but many companies work on products for 8 years and continually improve it. Apple didn't release the iPhone and say "Okay we're done." I'd be willing to bet the Orion we see today is very little of what the Orion of 2008 was.

wayfair

swollen member
Alright but many companies work on products for 8 years and continually improve it. Apple didn't release the iPhone and say "Okay we're done." I'd be willing to bet the Orion we see today is very little of what the Orion of 2008 was.

the iphone started it's development in 2004, according to wikipedia, and was released for sale in 2007.

Eight generations have since been released and we are still stuck on Orion 1???