Hate Calling In Sick When I Am Really Sick.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
woke up with lower back pain and started throwing up. cant find a comfortable position to stand or sit. other symptoms point to a sacroiliac joint problem or tail bone.

did find a spot that the pain went away but didn't last long. cant stand the uncomfortable aching so had to call in sick since I sit all night in feeder.

hate calling in sick when really sick because feel like I am wasting a day. if the pain subsided while sitting I would work.

its hell getting old.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
woke up with lower back pain and started throwing up. cant find a comfortable position to stand or sit. other symptoms point to a sacroiliac joint problem or tail bone.

did find a spot that the pain went away but didn't last long. cant stand the uncomfortable aching so had to call in sick since I sit all night in feeder.

hate calling in sick when really sick because feel like I am wasting a day. if the pain subsided while sitting I would work.

its hell getting old.
Better get that checked out dude for real. Cant take anything for granted as you get older that's for sure.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Does kind of sound like a kidney stone. Pain gets so intense, you double over. Throwing up as well. The pain comes and goes as the stone moves from your kidney to your bladder. The pain can go from a 10 to a 0 in a matter of seconds. I've had 25 of them in my life. Had my first one at age 31. Wouldn't wish them on a brother in law. Good luck to you. Have it checked out.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
That's very selfish.
There are others, like me, who would rather not get sick from a coworker and, instead, use their days for more vacation time.

Your disapproval means little nothing to me. If I'm man enough to work when I'm a little under the weather, then I expect others to do the same if they get the sniffles

oldngray

nowhere special
I almost never got sick from contact with co-workers. Drivers spend most of the day by themselves away from close contact with other people. Inside employees have more contact but usually not that close unless someone is coughing all over everyone else.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
thanks all for well wishes. I am not a very good sick person as I don't hardly ever have health problems.

I can relieve the pain if I lay on my side a certain way. that is why I thought it may be the tail bone joint I read online. ive only had the uncomfortable aching pain 3 times ( not intense ) and it went away after about 15 minutes if I moved around and found the "right" spot.

am going to stay hydrated and take it easy. do feel a little weak on right groin area. that concerns me. will go to doctors if it happens again.

thanks.

PT Car Washer

I almost never got sick from contact with co-workers. Drivers spend most of the day by themselves away from close contact with other people. Inside employees have more contact but usually not that close unless someone is coughing all over everyone else.
On the sort aisle you are shoulder to shoulder working next to each other for hours.

Whargoul

I had to call in sick a week or so ago and one of my sups wouldn't even let me talk. As soon as he answered the phone it was "You can't call off blah blah" same rehearsed line. Then we got into a argument because he said I call off a lot - which I don't. Last time I tried calling off was December I had a fever and couldn't even speak I was really sick and I came in anyway since they begged. Anyway, they were like "we're going to review your attendance record" - Which we did the next day and lo and behold that was my only call off in several months.

HBGPreloader

Your disapproval means little nothing to me. If I'm man enough to work when I'm a little under the weather, then I expect others to do the same if they get the sniffles
The feeling is mutual.
But, if you attempted to pull a stunt like this with me, there would be hell to pay because I would be the one reaching for that shovel while loading your car.
So, as the saying goes, suck it up buttercup :)