Hate Calling In Sick When I Am Really Sick.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by olroadbeech, Feb 17, 2015.

1. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

woke up with lower back pain and started throwing up. cant find a comfortable position to stand or sit. other symptoms point to a sacroiliac joint problem or tail bone.

did find a spot that the pain went away but didn't last long. cant stand the uncomfortable aching so had to call in sick since I sit all night in feeder.

hate calling in sick when really sick because feel like I am wasting a day. if the pain subsided while sitting I would work.

its hell getting old.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Better get that checked out dude for real. Cant take anything for granted as you get older that's for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Hey that's what sick days are there for!

Hope you feel better

4. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

I thought sick days were there for when you wanted to go golfing or snowboarding.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Shoveling snow lately? That always messed up my back.

6. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

They don't need you anyway.

7. livin the dream

livin the dream Active Member

if the pain is to either side of your lower back you might have a kidney stone.

8. HBGPreloader

HBGPreloader Active Member

Exactly, instead of bringing their germs to work and spreading them everywhere, I would rather see people stay home when they're sick.

9. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

I'd rather work when sick, and use a sick day to stay home and do stuff I want.

10. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Does kind of sound like a kidney stone. Pain gets so intense, you double over. Throwing up as well. The pain comes and goes as the stone moves from your kidney to your bladder. The pain can go from a 10 to a 0 in a matter of seconds. I've had 25 of them in my life. Had my first one at age 31. Wouldn't wish them on a brother in law. Good luck to you. Have it checked out.

11. HBGPreloader

That's very selfish.
    There are others, like me, who would rather not get sick from a coworker and, instead, use their days for more vacation time.

12. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Come to work sick and give it to me and you will be doing my work and your work.

13. superballs63

Your disapproval means little nothing to me. If I'm man enough to work when I'm a little under the weather, then I expect others to do the same if they get the sniffles

14. superballs63

No, I won't. As a driver I can only accomplish so much daily. Would you like me to run 2 routes and violate DOT rules? Lmao

15. PT Car Washer

As a driver you would have very little contact with co workers. Thinking more along the lines of inside employees.

16. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I almost never got sick from contact with co-workers. Drivers spend most of the day by themselves away from close contact with other people. Inside employees have more contact but usually not that close unless someone is coughing all over everyone else.

17. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

thanks all for well wishes. I am not a very good sick person as I don't hardly ever have health problems.

I can relieve the pain if I lay on my side a certain way. that is why I thought it may be the tail bone joint I read online. ive only had the uncomfortable aching pain 3 times ( not intense ) and it went away after about 15 minutes if I moved around and found the "right" spot.

am going to stay hydrated and take it easy. do feel a little weak on right groin area. that concerns me. will go to doctors if it happens again.

thanks.

18. PT Car Washer

On the sort aisle you are shoulder to shoulder working next to each other for hours.

19. Whargoul

Whargoul Active Member

I had to call in sick a week or so ago and one of my sups wouldn't even let me talk. As soon as he answered the phone it was "You can't call off blah blah" same rehearsed line. Then we got into a argument because he said I call off a lot - which I don't. Last time I tried calling off was December I had a fever and couldn't even speak I was really sick and I came in anyway since they begged. Anyway, they were like "we're going to review your attendance record" - Which we did the next day and lo and behold that was my only call off in several months.

20. HBGPreloader

The feeling is mutual.
    But, if you attempted to pull a stunt like this with me, there would be hell to pay because I would be the one reaching for that shovel while loading your car.
    So, as the saying goes, suck it up buttercup :)